what is the best programmer for a 2006 6.0L powerstroke - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 05:40 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can i look at custom tunes online? and if so where at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM

There is nothing to see. it's just a file that gets loaded into your SCT.
You need to call Eric and Inovative and ask about the pwr gains on the SCT and their programs. I'll tell you right now though, They are the best out there...
P

06 F-250, 6" Rize Lift w/ 13.5" of travel, Dirt logic 14" Travil Shocks, 325/65/18 Hancook DYNAPRO MT, 4.30 Motorsport Gears, 5" Shop Diesel Turbo Back Exhaust, 55 Gallon Fuel Tank, 4x9inch HID lights on a Custom (Custom=Redneck) Winch Bumper, Autometer Electric Gauges, SCT (Best Mod Yet), CFM BigMouth intercooler pipe and intake, 10k miles to go before the power is unleashed...
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM

I know everyone is saying SCT and ya'll plus my local shops have me convinced but, I already have the Banks 6 gun and really like the new Banks IQ and trans brake. I want a system that can monitor the whole engine and clear codes.This unit looks like its awsome! What do yall think about it? If I get the SCT I will have to get gauges too or something else to monitor with. Also the degassing when shifting dosent save the tranny with the banks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteinpsd View Post
Hey, im new to the site also and was thinking of buying and sct tuner and getting custom tunes from innovative. i was wondering how much the tunes would cost and if i got the programmer would i have to get new studs? i would rather not spend the 5 or so grand to get them. i dont have the money being that im only 16 and i just got the truck i want what is safest too.
I have an 05 f250 lariat with 125k two tone black and tan, and lots of chrome
Um you do understand that ARP studs are 500 dollars at MOST... And are the best... Btw its not new studs you dont have studs you just have head bolts. If its completly factory. Hope that helps. And with ANY tunning you need studs. Even stock trucks benefit from studs its one of the first things you do besides either new coolant flush or a EGR delete kit. Along with new gaskets. You could get an entire kit with all gaskets coolant studs and an sct programer for 1500 dollars.

Last edited by Jesse Chaney; 11-29-2010 at 12:40 PM.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 02:38 PM

i am as well very interested in a tuner but have no studs! How much is it to get them installed. And is the egr delete and new gaskets as necessary as the studs? thanks

2005 F-250 King Ranch w/ AFE Air Intake, big rig lights.
4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Exhaust. 6" MBRP Tip
Kenwood DNX 8120 Excelon!

CODY THOMAS
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody7thomas View Post
i am as well very interested in a tuner but have no studs! How much is it to get them installed. And is the egr delete and new gaskets as necessary as the studs? thanks
Well look at it this way its going to cost some money i will look into it because i have not had it done yet. But when you take the bolts off the heads come right off. SOOOO while you are in there you might as well replace some gaskets with better very strong ones. Because when you blow one due to the factory ones being very weak you will have to pay the same labor again for having them removed with the studs. And im sure they wont charge anything to have it done while they are in there. And they are very cheap considoring you are saving your entire motor. And in my opinion doing an EGR delete is a VERY necessary thing to do for your motor. The EGR and coolant is the main problem for the 6.0s having a very bad name. Studs are like 450 dollars for the full set gaskets arnt much at all. I would say 500 dollars AT MOST or find a buddy who will do them for you for cheaper you can find it easy.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM

once you take the cab off the heads come right off lol

O6 King Ranch cc sb 4 inch lift ,35 Pro Comp,Helo’s Edge Insight CTS guage only , Auber EGT , o8 center console ,2x10 subs, xm satellite ,coolant filter,RSX 9000 shocks,dual bilstein steering stabilizers ,Viper , remote toolbox popper, High Idle mod , up fitters added ,weather guard mats , ARP's, BPD EGR cooler, Marinco Mod ,Zoodad waste Fabtech traction bars, Some other stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
once you take the cab off the heads come right off lol
Yep yep , So it would be pretty e logical to not do it while you are there . Just another check mark for bulletproofing.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Chaney View Post
Well look at it this way its going to cost some money i will look into it because i have not had it done yet. But when you take the bolts off the heads come right off. SOOOO while you are in there you might as well replace some gaskets with better very strong ones. Because when you blow one due to the factory ones being very weak you will have to pay the same labor again for having them removed with the studs. And im sure they wont charge anything to have it done while they are in there. And they are very cheap considoring you are saving your entire motor. And in my opinion doing an EGR delete is a VERY necessary thing to do for your motor. The EGR and coolant is the main problem for the 6.0s having a very bad name. Studs are like 450 dollars for the full set gaskets arnt much at all. I would say 500 dollars AT MOST or find a buddy who will do them for you for cheaper you can find it easy.

Ok Thanks! Yea when you figure out an instillation cost that would be great because i am very curious. Also what exactly is the problem with the EGR and what does the fix do?

CODY THOMAS
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to lubbockguy1979
Shop time can vary from 28-30+ hrs. Not a cheap prodject to do studs, egr or oil cooler. But best money spent would be at once since to do studs everything is going to be out.

2006 f250 4x4
crewcab short bed
lariat 6.0psd
auto, electric tcase
soon to have isspro
fire/air/trans/fuel
stock suspension and
pretty much everything
else
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubbockguy1979 View Post
Shop time can vary from 28-30+ hrs. Not a cheap prodject to do studs, egr or oil cooler. But best money spent would be at once since to do studs everything is going to be out.

^ Is a rolling dictionary O.O, Can you follow me in real life please. Im not joking i would pay you.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubbockguy1979 View Post
soo your saying do all of that while your putting the studs in? that will be what for a total around $2800-$3500??/ no clue haha

CODY THOMAS
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lubbockguy1979
What I am saying is this. The oil cooler which is prone to failure is in the valley of the engine block twards the front under the oil filter. For access you must pull the turbo, egr cooler, up pipe, intake, upper fuel bowl etc. (Not a quick easy task)
The head studs require you to pull pretty much the exact same items yet you don't have to remove the oil cooler to do studs/ headgaskets.
That being said if you don't have a fairly new oil cooler and your planning on doing studs to your truck it is a lot less labor to do it as a prevenative vs. A after thought. Essentially you would save the added labor of tearing it back down that far. Adding the egr delete shouldn't add any time since it is already on the list of parts to remove and reinstall..
I talked to a shop in houston that wanted $4000 turn key. This came with a warrantee and they surfaced heads and made sure everything was right. A place around here said 2850 if I supply the hard parts. They would do the machine work etc and get it right. A ford tech told me $1000 and he would do it in his drive way in a weekend.

2006 f250 4x4
crewcab short bed
lariat 6.0psd
auto, electric tcase
soon to have isspro
fire/air/trans/fuel
stock suspension and
pretty much everything
else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in