What do ya think of my new Penstripes and Flamework? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do ya think of my new Penstripes and Flamework?

I peeled off the cheesy tape that Ford used to cover the edge of the two-tone on my truck and had it hand painted on. Also, I had some subtle flamework added that will transition onto my Toybox.

What do you all think? Good, Bad, indifferent? You can be honest, I got thick skin [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<<<<The Links Work Now >>>>

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/rightsideflame.jpg

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/rightbedflame2.jpg

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/dividerlines.jpg

2004 CrewCab 2500HD 4x4 D/A
2005 F-350 CC DRW! Tan over Black
~Hope the 6.0 is better now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: What do ya think of my new Penstripes and Flamework?

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:48 PM
GWA

My Photos: (0)

The trick ain't workin', man. I wanna see your truck!!!

'03.25 F-250 SC SWB 2WD 6.0w/TorqShift, Sport Pkge., Sonic Blue, plus-
16x8 Eagle alloy wheels
Snugtop XV and Bedrug
DPPI turbo-back 4" "sound system" w/cat
The Heartbreak of "The Heartbeat"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 08:19 PM

I'm kinda an old coot, and didn't expect to like flames, but I do. That's real nice.

03, 6.0, auto, CC, F250, 4x4, Lariat, 3.73 LS, manual hubs, camper pkg, skid plates, heated seats, ford hitch, canopy, racks, prodigy
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 09:52 PM

My Photos: (24)

[ QUOTE ]
If you click on the link and then erase the: http:// from the address line, the picture will come up

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know why but that works. Its a sharp truck and I like the "not in your face" job. It looks great.
Jim

2001, F250 4x4, CC, Auto; Mobil 1 in transfer case&Trans.; Frantz Bypass Filter; "Hutch" fuel mods; Sonnax/Tricum mod;
, 30" MagnaFlow; Attitude in A-Pillar and tranny gauge in
AIS; EASE Diagnostics; Reese Slider Hitch; Fr Rotors, Cryo Treated&Slotted by ART.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys! I was really nervous about doing this and wanted it clean and subtle. I also changed the door handles to white so as not to have too much 'clutter'.

Lets see if this works for the pics:

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/rightsideflame.jpg

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/rightbedflame2.jpg

http://members.aol.com/riverbound/dividerlines.jpg

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 12:55 AM

My Photos: (17)

I like it. I am still tossing around doing it to my truck. I liked the pinstripe flames ever since I saw it on the F-150 Harley trucks.

My only recommendation is to remove the door moldings. They take away from the lines of the truck. Plus it is easier to clean the truck when you don't detail around the molding. I know as soon as I looked at the pictures of my truck, I knew the molding had to go. which reminds me, I need to update the pics in my sig. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Ma<font color="red">XR</font>Smart
2003.25 F-250 4X2 XLT Sport Crew Cab, Blacked out 18" wheels and 325/65/18 Terra Grapplers,

, aFe Pro Guard 7, DPPI Turbo Back exhaust.
Born on 1/2/03 and in a happy new home!!

Member of <font color="red">
</font> (Southern California Powerstrokes)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 01:16 AM
GWA

[ QUOTE ]
clean and subtle

[/ QUOTE ]
You said it! And it IS, on both counts! FINE lookin' truck!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

'03.25 F-250 SC SWB 2WD 6.0w/TorqShift, Sport Pkge., Sonic Blue, plus-
16x8 Eagle alloy wheels
Snugtop XV and Bedrug
DPPI turbo-back 4" "sound system" w/cat
The Heartbreak of "The Heartbeat"!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 01:18 AM

Good = it looks nice. And yes, you did the right thing by replacing the door handles. Black handles would definitely take away from the stripes/flames.

Bad = I'm a little to old to put flames on my truck.

As for the BSM, I like it. In fact I had BSM added to my truck after I purchased it.

Stripping her Down to be Sold

DPPI T304 Turbo Back Exhaust*Edge Mini Spring Pack*New A/T Revo's*Hellwig Front & Rear Anti Sway Bars*Bilstein Shocks*VelvetRide Shackles*ProFlaps*Line-X'd*HarleyPedals*Chrome Tow Hooks*DashMat*VentShades*SilverStars
TubularSteps w/Aux Mkr Lights*LED Cup Holders*24" Silicone's*BrownBread*Wilson 5K Hard Mount CB & Cell Antenna*Rancho 5406 Stabilizer*Rear Eclipse 6x9's*Juice with Attitude

500 HP Series 60 Detroit*AutoShift*231" WB w/Air Ride Cab*Heated AR Seats*Heated Power Mirrors*Power Windows & Locks*Garmin 2610*Alpine In Dash XM Stereo w/Dual DVD Changers*Dual Bunks w/Work Station*Fridge/Freezer Combo
Microwave*15" LCD TV w/DVD in Sleeper*BrakeSmart*Backup Cameras*Pressure Pro Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Crapper
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
My only recommendation is to remove the door moldings. They take away from the lines of the truck

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, you're right! I never really thought about it but after reading your post and looking at the picture they stand out like a black eye. They must go! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

They're just double sided tape right? No holes to worry about? Any recommendation on how to remove them safely?

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 10:33 AM

Re: What do ya think of my new Pinstripes and Flamework?

Yep, nothing but double sided tape. It took me about 10 minutes to remove it. I just took a piece of fishing line to get it started and then just pulled it off fast. When I did it slow, the adhesive would start to tear and then you have to clean the adhesive off the door. But that is no big deal because if you rub it with your finger, it will ball up like rubber cement. So you will not need to get out the Goo Gone if the adhesive does tear.

It also helps if it is a bit warm. warm the molding up with a heat gun or let it sit in the sun for a while. Post another side view picture after you have done it so you can see the pictures side by side. If you are hesitant to do it, Photoshop the picture and see if you like it with out the molding. I would do it just not to have to deal with it when you are washing and waxing the truck. Let us know how it went.

2003.25 F-250 4X2 XLT Sport Crew Cab, Blacked out 18" wheels and 325/65/18 Terra Grapplers,

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

THANKS Max! Great directions; It's pretty warm out today so I read your post, walked outside and peeled those suckers right off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Im glad I did. The truck looks cleaner and when I took the strips off there was alot of dirt between the tape and the door paint!
I think this is something that is good to do when the truck is fairly new or there might be marks left behind later. As for me, there was Zero marking and the tape came right off with the strips clean as could be.

Thanks again for the advice [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 06:02 PM

No problem. Glad it worked out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If you can, post another picture with the molding removed so people can see the difference.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 10:23 AM

When I first saw your post, I thought, "oh my gawd".. LOL, then I saw the pictures, subtle, very nice. I like it.

Nueboch

06 King Ranch, F350, Dark Copper, dually
Gone, but not fogotten2003 F350, dually, 6 liter, auto, toreador red, lariat
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I know lol! I was very nervous about this.

Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in