Im mixing my home brew 70% to kerosene 30% - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels Discussion of biodiesel (homegrown or store bought) and other alternative fuels for diesel-powered vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im mixing my home brew 70% to kerosene 30%

I have done this with one tank so far. All is and was well but Im woundering if its a big deal. Kerosene is $.20 cheaper and Im thinking more about using it durning the winter to help out with a gelling issue

2006 F250 4x2, MBPR Exhaust, Factory 20s" w/ 34.2 inch tall tires and 4.10 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:04 PM

My Photos: (14)
Re: Im mixing my home brew 70% to kerosene 30%

I use kerosene during cold weather sometimes up to 50/50 mixture.

Be advised that you may get some surging and powerloss if the two fuels are not mixed properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Green Monster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 2001 F250 Powerstroke, 2WD, ZF6 transmission. Bully Dog GT Tuner set in tow mode. MotorSilk boric oxide added to engine, transmission and diff. Showing 30mpg on the freeway running home brew biodiesel. NTZ 1/2 Micron bypass oil filter. Dieselsite coolant filter. 4" open turbo back exhaust. Ford AIS intake. Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter. Caterpillar ELC next on the list.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:46 PM

My Photos: (15)

If you are mixing it during warm weather you gain nothing except a higher fuel bill. Mixing it in the winter can certainly help with gelling, just make sure you mix it well, as Spencnaz sez, and we were told at the bio-d convention it should be mixed while the temperature is above the cloud point of both fuels.

MH
Tim

Y2K F250, XLT, SC, SB,4X4 (no decal), 3.73 LS, Dark Toreador Red, DeeZee running boards, Outland Sport bar, 3 'A' pillar guages, NVK5, Hutch tank, TT fuel reg, harpooned tank and spiderman crawling up the grill... Sunnybrook 26FKS travel trailer and Ham, WBØTUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Here's a really simple method of mixing.

Pour in your dead dinosaur juice first then put in your biodiesel.

What happens in that because the biodiesel is more dense, it will settle through the dinojuice mixing as it goes. Remember too, that your truck's fuel system has a return line so that will do some mixing too.

If you want to get anal about it, you can premix it in a fuel can and then put it in your truck like mixing two-stroke fuel.

The Green Monster
: 2001 F250 Powerstroke, 2WD, ZF6 transmission. Bully Dog GT Tuner set in tow mode. MotorSilk boric oxide added to engine, transmission and diff. Showing 30mpg on the freeway running home brew biodiesel. NTZ 1/2 Micron bypass oil filter. Dieselsite coolant filter. 4" open turbo back exhaust. Ford AIS intake. Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter. Caterpillar ELC next on the list.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

I dry with a pump circulating in a barrel so Im thinking about adding it after its dried and let it run for a little while longer

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 PM

Sounds like a plan to me, just be sure that the pump motor is an enclosed unit, kerosene vapors are explosive.

The Green Monster
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

huh? well well will see [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in