2003 ford f 250 super duty 4x4 diesel- oil pan - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 ford f 250 super duty 4x4 diesel- oil pan

Hello Everybody, hope all are well.

My trouble is the oil pan on my 2003 ford f 250 super duty 4x4 diesel, 6,0
my oil pan has rusted bad in the front and leaks thru the rust, so I need to change it, I already have a new pan but sure could use some help on how to go about the change, see I am 72 and only get 1250 a month S/S so I need to try and change it myself, I am pretty good with a tool and not to dumb, but could use some pointers if any one here could help me out with what to expect,
OK Just want to thank you for your time and help. take care

2003 Ford F 250 Super Duty 4x4 6.0 Power Stroke auto, 132,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:16 PM

You are going to have to loosen some motor mounts and jack the engine up some to remove the oil pan.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks bismic, I hear about 1 " should it, also remove bolts up top on the radiator, I did not hear anything about the trans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM

On the 150 4x4 models you can fairly easily drop the front axle enough to get the pan out. I'm not arguing with Mark - just curious if that's an option on the Superduties. FWIW if I was dealing with a leaky oil pan it would have to be be REALLY bad before I'd try to R & R it. JB Weld is pretty wonderful stuff. Drain the oil - wash the pan with brake clean - scuff it up with a wire wheel or dremel - 5 bux worth of JB - get on with life.

2006 F250 6.0 4x4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Bob of the north, I will give it a shot and see how I make out and let you know, Thanks for your time, Bill of the East, lol have a great day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in