The Diesel Stop banner

6.0 power stroke no start hot or cold

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jimmy 
#1 ·
I just rebuilt my 6.0 power stroke with black diamond head gaskets, new heads, all new oil rail seals, new ICP and pig tail, new IPR pig tail, new glow plugs, new glow plug harness, turbo rebuilt, new stock injectors with 30% nozzles, FICM +40HP flash, new HPOP, and ARP head studs. New oil and filters and upgraded 4 hole banjo bolt for fuel system. The truck started once on its own. Ever since then the truck will only start with ether. Doesn’t matter hot or cold it won’t start without ether. ICP reads 220 psi engine on key off. 600-1000 psi while cranking and 600-1400 once running. IPR 14-60% when cranking and 20% when running. FICM voltage 12.5 Volts FICM injector voltage never drops below 48 at any time. I talked to another shop and was told I need to drive it for a few miles to clear the air out of the HPOP and oil system. Any other ideas?? Thanks

#2 ·
How long did it run after the one time it started? What’s your fuel pressure???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Who's injectors did you use?

#6 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Are you saying it cranks up to 1000 PSI injector pressure and doesn't start? If you're saying 220 PSI ICP KOEO then that doesn't make sense to me either. You didn't specifically say but I assume you are getting FICM sync on the non-starts?

#9 · (Edited)
IIRC: IPR should be running at 85%. About 10 miles driving (after I did a cooler relocation), my IPR valve screen clogged (limped home). Replaced the screen and the truck ran file.

#10 ·
IIRC: IPR should be running at 85%.

No it shouldn't. If you see 85% more than momentarily you've got a problem.

#11 ·
My bad. When I get my truck back together, I will be able to refer to my ScanGuage to find the PID that was able help diagnose the IPR being clogged and I will update my previous post.

#12 ·
ICP of 220psi KOEO means a biased sensor or wiring issue. If the PCM is thinking it is 550psi when it is really 330psi then it will never start and run right. Unplug ICP sensor and see what happens when it uses default table values.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.