Broke down while driving! Just shut off... down know why... - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Alexvb22
Got the truck back this morning...

It only cost me $100 bucks. But I looked at the bill... Cost ford $1182.00 to fix it. Can you say maybe that $2000 200,000 mile warrenty might be worth it now?

Thinking I might be investing in that soon.

Alex

Have:
05' 6.0L f-350 Kingranch, Crew, Dually.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SCT Tuner w/ Custom tunes
AFE XP Stage 2 Intake Sys.
ARP Studs
Egr delete
Upgraded ficm 58volt
Dual Rear Straight Piped Exhaust
Bullet Proof Diesel Oil Cooler
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
6.4 Banjo Bolts

Looking for:
New HPOP..Stage 2 Fuel System..Injectors.. Fire Rings and ported heads-future...Industrial Injection Twin Turbos.. 380cc Injectors..Torque Converter..Ats Trans.. Stage 1 Cam.. Elbow- CFM+.. Coolent/Oil Bypass.. Circ. lines. Blow-off valve.. 8-12in. lift (rize) and Toyo 40in. M/T's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Sounds about right. I had mine done while the turbo was being replaced, so they quoted me $775 and said I was saving $400 in labor by going ahead and doing it while the turbo was off.

Justin

Justin

1997 F-250 Power Stroke
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Modded H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, BDP live tuned

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:22 PM

Same thing here. 2004 I just bought at auction. Died the other day and I thought it was out of fuel and the guage was off. It actually started again after a few hours. Makes me wonder if it involves heat in some way. It has happened again today. Just dies, while in drive, no warning sign, just dead. Cranks over like a champ with no start. Maybe I guess I check the HPOP first? Wiring harness? Ughhh.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:17 PM

where can I find this tech service bulletin?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 08:07 AM

hey I got a 2005 ford f 350 diesel truck shuts off while driving and on start up I got the ficm rebuilt so that corrected po611 code now iam getting a cluster code I don't know what to do.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:30 PM

I have a 2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel that started although it struggled to start, but the gauges weren’t working. After a minute or so the gauges worked, but the ABS light stayed on. Went to run errand, no issues but kept truck running. On way back I noticed all my gauges weren’t working. Got home, turned on lights and jumped out of truck to see if they worked, but the truck shut off. Checked all fuses. Batteries are 7 months old, ficm was replaced. Last time this happened it was a fuse, but all are ok now. Truck has a battery leak( at least we think it does) so we make sure the radio and fan are turned off. Any ideas?
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 07:01 AM

Sounds like an alternator issue to me. Have you checked your voltage while parked and at idle with the AC running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in