Join Date: May 1999
Location: Ontario, Canada
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Remember...an '04 is a 15 year old truck now. I get that the 6.0L has had more than it's share of issues, I get that the dealers were a long time figuring out what was really going on and left a lot of peoples trucks sitting on their lots with large monthly payments and no truck to drive. We all know Ford paid ridiculous amounts of warranty claims trying to save their sorry butts from this mistake.
But now here we are, it's 2018.
1. We now have seen just about every conceivable issue that this truck could have.
2. We know what it takes to fix them properly unlike the past when dealers would throw an EGR cooler in them and ignore the oil cooler because they didn't know any better.
3. The aftermarket has stepped up and in some cases provided some decent support for parts and we have the knowledge to know which ones are a safe bet and which ones to avoid.
4. We have free scan tools that run off our phones to monitor these trucks.
5. We can buy a brand new, not reman turbo from Garret for less than what dealers charge for a 4 wheel brake job.
6. These trucks are cheap to buy and the rest of the truck is pretty stout, I'd put the balance of the truck up against a GM or Dodge all day long.
You either see the value in where these trucks are at TODAY, not what they did to you over the years, or you don't.
You either decide to maintain them like a high maintenance girlfriend or you should move on. Life is too short to be angry at your truck on a daily basis.
These trucks are not for everyone and those of us who like them are very quick to state that when asked.
I run mine commercially from the mid west to the east coast. I am all about cost per mile and by learning the truck, carrying some parts and tools on the road, doing as much maintenance as possible when the truck is home and not having a truck payment in 6 years, I believe this truck is delivering... for me. If my neighbor came over who doesn't work on anything in his garage and asked me if one would make a good used truck for him to run around in, I'd tell him to run like heck from it.
2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.
My Worklog - *Updated 8/18 with Edge CTS2 install click here =>*:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.