The Diesel Stop banner

How Many Miles On Your 6.0L W/O Studs, Tuners

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  bismic 
#1 ·
Just curious how many miles some of you have on your bone stock 6.0s. No studs, tuners etc.... Have they been trouble free miles? What year?

#3 ·
2003 Excursion Eddie Bauer with approx 145k miles, no tune or studs. New front axle seals, Atlas 40 ficm, switched to Rotella coolant, new oil cooler and base plate only cause I did an EGR delete and was that close, blue spring update, coolant filter, y-pipe, turbo drain pipe and seals, ICP sensor and pigtail. All this work was basically done because I did the EGR delete and figured while I was there I might as well. Did not technically need it and did the EGR delete versus getting a new EGR valve.

2004 F250 XLT with approx 155k miles. No studs but has had new injectors, EGR delete, coolant filter, aftermarket exhaust, and glow plug control module. Does have a fuel economy tune as it was provided by the shop who did the injectors for a minimal fee. I'm sure the tuner does have other tunes but don't use them, has enough power for what I need now.

#4 ·
148000 miles '05 XLT regular cab. No mods. 90% miles on 100% bio diesel.
New injectors at 113,000. Replaced glow plugs at 124,000. Just replaced dust shield and rebuilt e-brake.
Current issue tow/haul not engaging or light just not illuminating.
Overall this has been a very good truck!

#5 ·
2328,000 miles. I had to replace injectors around 175K. Other than that, just peripheral problems and the usual preventative maintenance and internal oil leak revisions. Brakes are being a PIA right now and I am going to have to rebuild the front end soon.

#7 ·
2006 Lariat F250 - EGR delete from new, otherwise stock - 402,000 km right now. New injectors last winter, turbo rebuild. FICM @ roughly 200,000 km. Otherwise normal R & M - rad, water pump, injectors, misc harnesses, wheel end maintenance.

#8 ·
2004 6.0 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Bought used with 87K in 2015 so I don't know for certain. I haven't replaced much although I did add a coolant filer and secondary oil filter. I bought a Route 66 Warranty when I bought it (I highly recommend the company). Under that warranty it needed ONE injector, a transmission wiring harness and a couple of items I don't recall at the moment. I did have to replace the EGR valve right after getting it to fix a problem with stalling. As a preventative action, I would like to replace the head studs and at the same time the rest of the injectors, glow plugs and harnesses when I do to make the labor charges average out. Currently at 115K miles.

#9 ·
Sounds like you got a good one. Unfortunately they are going to have a few nagging items that need attention. The owner that can resolve them himself (or with a good warranty) will most likely have a nice truck for years to come - especially when buying one w/ low miles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.