Need help, looking to pay someone who has a lift and expirinace to help me with my 6.0 bullet proofing job? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help, looking to pay someone who has a lift and expirinace to help me with my 6.0 bullet proofing job?

I want to do the hgs and studs, and have the heads checked and resurfaced if you have a near by machine shop that you trust or have used before. I want to rebuild my oil rail, rebuild my turbo and upgrade the wheel, replace my injectors, glowplugs, egr and oil cooler and several other things while we are in there..

I live in Chicago but am willing to travel some distance to complete this job. I have been babying this thing for over a year with a bad egr cooler and almost certain the hgs are shot too.. I have been wrenching for almost 17 years and none of my vehicles have ever seen a shop; i don't trust them.. never have and never will.
Unfortunately, i don't have a garage or the space to do this in at the moment or else i would tackle this job from under the hood.
Other than the head removal tool, from what i know, there isn't any special tools required once the cab is removed? So, I should and will have all the tools needed to complete this job on hand, as well as my battery impact tools reduce the wrenching time. I want to remove the cab to perform all this work so a lift is a must. I have several shops in my area that will do this job. However, they will not allow me to participate, wont rebuild my oil rail nor service my turbo.

If anyone is interested or knows of anybody that lives near Chicago that may be interested. You have experience with the 6.0s cab removal have done head-gaskets before and a shop or garage with a lift to work in; we can work together to knock this job out faster than me working solo as this would be my first time. I am willing to pay GOOD money and i would appreciate it greatly.. Post here or PM me with details. Thanks guys and Best Regards

Last edited by 05HD350; 11-19-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 12:20 PM

My Photos: (2)
I'm too far away to offer but I just wanted to mention I did it in my small(er) garage by pulling the engine out the front. I know that sounds like a nasty job and I guess to some, it is, but to be honest, I didn't mind it and I would do it again. It was also nice to be able to completely clean and paint the front frame section. I threw a new heater core in at the same time as the connections were super easy to get at. The only thing I sub'd out was emptying/refilling the A/C system.

If you have a look at post #44 in my work log below, you can see how nicely the engine bay cleaned up which means I can now keep an eye open for oil leaks easier and slow down any rusting. I was able to pickup a heavy duty 4 wheel engine stand from the classifieds for $40 to hang it on so I could roll it over, remove the oil pan to paint it plus check for debris and clean it out.

Just an idea if you find someone with a garage but no hoist.

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog - *Updated 8/18 with Edge CTS2 install click here =>*:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
I'm too far away to offer but I just wanted to mention I did it in my small(er) garage by pulling the engine out the front. I know that sounds like a nasty job and I guess to some, it is, but to be honest, I didn't mind it and I would do it again. It was also nice to be able to completely clean and paint the front frame section. I threw a new heater core in at the same time as the connections were super easy to get at. The only thing I sub'd out was emptying/refilling the A/C system.

If you have a look at post #44 in my work log below, you can see how nicely the engine bay cleaned up which means I can now keep an eye open for oil leaks easier and slow down any rusting. I was able to pickup a heavy duty 4 wheel engine stand from the classifieds for $40 to hang it on so I could roll it over, remove the oil pan to paint it plus check for debris and clean it out.

Just an idea if you find someone with a garage but no hoist.
If i only had another work truck, with the time and room to do that. I would love to get in there to clean the bay and paint it as well, i would probably upgrade the torque converter too.. Unfortunately, once i get into this job, i need to get this truck back on the road ASAP. Thanks for the suggestion though.

DL

Harley Davidson F-350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

INTERIOR:Harley trim package with Captain chairs front and rear with center console's. AUDIO:
Kenwood Excellon DNN992 HU, Kenwood Excellon 4way 5x7 in front & 6x9's boxed behind rear headrests powered by a Pioneer600 4ch amp
SUB: JL AUDIO W5 thin line in a custom box behind rear center console, powered by a Kenwood1000 Mono amp.
ENGINE: Mishimoto Intercooler Pipes & boots. Sinister Diesel Coolant filter kit. K&N Air Box & filter. FICM bullet proofed. SCTX4
SUSPENSION: All MOOG front end joints and bushings, Spicer U-joints, Timken Hubs . RanchoRS5's in front and rear. Skyjacker leaf springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 02:59 PM

My Photos: (2)
Yes, it certainly will add time to the job.... for sure.

Hopefully you can find someone, good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress!

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog - *Updated 8/18 with Edge CTS2 install click here =>*:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 11:15 AM

good idea having experienced help from a specifically 6.0L owner; I wonder if you might be able to rent a lift at a local shop, some place not all that busy. Especially since you don't wish to let it sit around anyway. They're not really the kind of thing lots of people have in their home workshops.
Just food for thought, we have a couple of Jiffy-Lube type places around here that are shut down. They conceivably might rent you such a place for a month?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoser View Post
good idea having experienced help from a specifically 6.0L owner; I wonder if you might be able to rent a lift at a local shop, some place not all that busy. Especially since you don't wish to let it sit around anyway. They're not really the kind of thing lots of people have in their home workshops.
Just food for thought, we have a couple of Jiffy-Lube type places around here that are shut down. They conceivably might rent you such a place for a month?
Most of the shops around here are usually busy, but, i have given that some thought.. There is a place near me that may rent out a bay. I was trying to hold off on that option. I would really prefer to take this job on with someone who has had a great deal of experience with these trucks. I would hate to be wasting valuable shop time looking in a book or watching youtube videos of Diesel Tech Ron (RIP) on what to do next if you know what i mean..

DL

Harley Davidson F-350

INTERIOR:Harley trim package with Captain chairs front and rear with center console's. AUDIO:
Kenwood Excellon DNN992 HU, Kenwood Excellon 4way 5x7 in front & 6x9's boxed behind rear headrests powered by a Pioneer600 4ch amp
SUB: JL AUDIO W5 thin line in a custom box behind rear center console, powered by a Kenwood1000 Mono amp.
ENGINE: Mishimoto Intercooler Pipes & boots. Sinister Diesel Coolant filter kit. K&N Air Box & filter. FICM bullet proofed. SCTX4
SUSPENSION: All MOOG front end joints and bushings, Spicer U-joints, Timken Hubs . RanchoRS5's in front and rear. Skyjacker leaf springs.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:09 AM

wholeheartedly agree, and that was what I was suggesting - if you find a willing experienced helper, but one who doesn't have a lift, you could find another way to get to a lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in