need power stroke mechanic in san diego - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need power stroke mechanic in san diego

bought a 2004 e350 6.0 van in delaware wife drove it cross-country with no problems it has egr delete that is a problem in california it has 1 cel on insufficient egr i need to smog it to register in california 115000 miles always babied never towed never been over 75 extremely clean camper van i am new to powersroke world am aware of egr and oil cooler issues i need a shop in san diego orange or riverside county that knows 6.0s am considering doing it myself but ITS A VAN not a pickup seems like a lousy way to learn how to undelete and get it right so I'm looking for help advice links parts shops tools u tube and such mostly a shop thats good honest in the area i know thats asking a lot thanx in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 07:43 AM

You need to identify whether or not it is an early 04 or a late 04. The easiest way is by looking to see if the ICP sensor is on the passenger valve cover or behind the turbo.

If it is a late 04, then it will take the later model EGR cooler. The best bet is to buy that from BulletProofDiesel. The OEM one isn't reliable enough to count on IMO.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

thank u for taking an interest its a late model 04 I'm aware of bullet proof the delete is a bulletproof truly wish there was a way around pushing soot through it not to mention the cost I've done a bit of research I'm a better wrench than typist i checked on diesel tech ron rip at 67 i don't get around in tight places as i once did haven't pulled the doghouse yet can't see nothin under the hood since no one knows of a 6.0 mechanic worth his salt in san diego i guess ill have to tackle it labor day today gotta put ribs on the smoker thats a thirsty job ill call bpd tomorrow and watch ron do his thing on a pick up I'm open to all advice thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:04 PM

If you think you can do it after watching Ron on youtube, just get started you will make out just fine.

2015 KR Dually CC 4X4 Bronze Fire HC
2011 KR Dually CC 4X4 Royal Red
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

thank u bismic and stmpdust for the help and encouragement found a guy on the tube that kinda explains how he did a van egr and oil cooler use a ratchet strap to pull exhaust outa the way to get turbo out intake comes out into the van glue gasket to intake before putting intake back on from inside perhaps someone could come over and hold a gun to my head while i do this to make sure i do it right i have a 41 ford with a 51 flathead innit thinking about this makes me wanna go pop the hood and stare at all that room
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 PM

if the gasket comes off with no sealant install it the same way, i just put a few bolts in the intake and stick the gasket over the bolts underneath, move the intake into position and hand start the bolts checking that the gasket stayed, it will, install all the bolts hand tight before the snug down.

2015 KR Dually CC 4X4 Bronze Fire HC
2011 KR Dually CC 4X4 Royal Red
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in