New injectors, now has a miss - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi, I have an 2005 f350 with 44,000 miles... developed a hpo leak, come to find out injector #7 was shot so while there I replaced all 8 injectors with new ones ..put the truck all back together and now she has a miss..any suggestions??

Last edited by Phillip G; 12-08-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Probably a sealing issue.
You assured you pulled out all 8 old copper washers?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:46 PM

check compression in #7

2015 KR Dually CC 4X4 Bronze Fire HC
2011 KR Dually CC 4X4 Royal Red
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:31 PM

Also, did you blow out all of the oil (if any) that may have spilled into the injector bolt holes? If not and if there was oil in there, you couldn't have gotten legit torque readings due to the hydro issues caused by the oil. This happened to me and I had to pull them all out one by one, air blow the holes clean and re-install/re-torque. That seems to have resolved my problems.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 03:02 PM

Just curious, what were you symptoms? I have 03 with all new injectors. Has long crank but good HOP. When I put a load on it going up hill or accelerating to pass (around 2500 rmps) it sputters and my contribution codes go crazy on all injectors. Debating if I should pull all injectors and start over. Thoughts?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraby View Post
Just curious, what were you symptoms? I have 03 with all new injectors. Has long crank but good HOP. When I put a load on it going up hill or accelerating to pass (around 2500 rmps) it sputters and my contribution codes go crazy on all injectors. Debating if I should pull all injectors and start over. Thoughts?
Have you done a buzz test? Do you have access to a good bidirectional scanner?

Sounds like something went wrong with the install but i'd want to know if all the injectors buzzed correctly before I opened it up again.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Injector buzz test is good...all contributions are good until it starts sputtering. Should I pull all injectors and reseat... if so do I need all new crush washers. Also could dirty turbo cause this type of behavior....I noticed a turbo bark when cold at lower rpms...just grasping for anything
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 AM

"........ until it starts sputtering". Is it a miss or does it lose power and run rough? Start with the easy stuff - if its missing and running rough check the fuel filters.

2006 F250 6.0 4x4
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraby View Post
Injector buzz test is good...all contributions are good until it starts sputtering. Should I pull all injectors and reseat... if so do I need all new crush washers. Also could dirty turbo cause this type of behavior....I noticed a turbo bark when cold at lower rpms...just grasping for anything
Doubt that a dirty turbo would cause these symptoms but I guess it's possible. What are the chances that, after installing new injectors, you now have a turbo issue or something else? For my money, I'd say you problem has something to do with the injector install. Did you ensure that you didn't have any oil spill into the injector cups when you removed the injectors? If so, it's hard to get an accurate torque with oil residue in there. As for new crush washers, they are cheap so it wouldn't hurt to use new ones.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:13 PM

Ok guys, here is the latest...replaced ICP with OEM, resealed IPR, all readings still look good. took out for a drive and when it got*up to 2500+/- rpm it wanted to stumble...eventually lost power, and stalled.* Waited a few minutes and started back up.* Hobbled back to house fine as long as its under 2000+/- rpm.* Really frustrated!!! Here is a video showing the tac and a fuel pressure gauge during the sputtering...fuel pressure stays high even when sputtering so I think that is fine. Acts like the hpo is creating a leak under load or higher rmp's...is that possible? I have done the bubble test and don't see exhaust gas coming back through upper fuel bowl so I think injectors are seated, but could that still happen under load? Based on this information, what can I eliminate and what should I continue to go after?

"youtu.be/y7SR5AQxBls"

FYI...it is 06 cab with 03 motor...thus the updated gauges.

Last edited by rgraby; 05-02-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in