01 7.3 hpop crossover - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By bugman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3 hpop crossover

Hi everyone I'm looking into changing out the old cross over lines. I'm going to have them made at my local hydraulic shop with a hose rated at 5800psi and 23000 burst. Dose anyone know the hose lengths and fitting sizes. I'm trying to avoid taking them off and bringing them there. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:30 AM

I had a '99 way back that I installed a hydraulic hose from one of the suppliers on this forum don't remember who, it lasted a while then burst. I have another truck now that I installed riffraff's hard line crossover and it is very nice. Don't know that i'd use another soft line. fwiw.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela View Post
I had a '99 way back that I installed a hydraulic hose from one of the suppliers on this forum don't remember who, it lasted a while then burst. I have another truck now that I installed riffraff's hard line crossover and it is very nice. Don't know that i'd use another soft line. fwiw.

What Marcela said above the soft line will burst at some point buy a hard line worth the pice of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 F250 7.3 4inc exhaust, Ts 6 pos chip witch custom tunes, Built 4R100 w billet triple disc converter, 6.0 trans cooler and deep tans pan, CCV mod, 4 gauge pod A piller,Boost,Trans temp,EGT,fuel pressure AFE intake,RIFFRAFF Frx fuel Rail dead head fix black spring,High Flow banjo bolts,High Flow CVD Fitting, Harpoon mod,Diesel site adrenaline HPOP,AIH Plug,Plenum Reinforcing Inserts. FULL FORCE DIESEL STAGE 1.5 single shot injectors, Garrett powermax GTP38R and blank pedestal, RIFFRAFF Intercooler CAC Boots with complete clamp kit , scanegauge 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

👍
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I were to do it again I wouldn't.

I noticed zero that is 0 difference from when I didn't have one to when I had one.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:59 AM

Same here I have installed them on two 7.3s and saw no change. So did not mess with it on the one I have now

2002 f250 7.3 4x4 256,000miles. Bone stock other than hutch mode and edge evo programer I use for gadges most of the time. I also have air bags on back for towing.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdoc315 View Post
Hi everyone I'm looking into changing out the old cross over lines. I'm going to have them made at my local hydraulic shop with a hose rated at 5800psi and 23000 burst. Dose anyone know the hose lengths and fitting sizes. I'm trying to avoid taking them off and bringing them there. Thanks

I would remove the hoses and lines and reinstall the plugs.

I made my own with Aeroquip hoses and fittings. We had their system where I used to work. I never saw one iota of difference when I added the hose or after I took them off. They were a little bit in the way when I replaced my HPOP O-rings.

Of course that does not answer the question you asked, but my hoses lasted from 2001 until 2012 or 2013 when I removed them.

'00 F250 XLT 4x4 (born on 6/00), manual tranny & hubs, SPA Techniques EGT/Boost Gauge, Homemade Return Fuel Regulator, Toro Liner, 203* T-stat and Coolant Filter, LUK Clutch, flywheel & pressure plate, Amsoil Dual Bypass Filter
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Good feedback here. This upgrade has always been on my “wish list” until now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The theory behind it is a good one but when I did mine over 20 years ago owners were saying how much it quieted down the engine and helped everything associated with it.

When I put it on I didn't notice anything beneficial about it. Now perhaps if you placed a gauge on the back high pressure plugs before and after and came up with some actual readings you may be able to justify it.

It is a cheap mod and if you notice any difference I wouldn't call you out on it. It is just that I didn't.

As for those thinking of building one because they have access to the materials just remember that you have to deal with heat along with pressure, and the last thing that you want to happen while driving down the road is for it to let loose and cover the engine compartment with a couple of gallons of oil before the engine shuts down.
Rickie and ArcticDriver like this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in