Fuse # 19 blows. Engine stays running but No forward movement - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By RT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Fuse # 19 blows. Engine stays running but No forward movement

'99 F250 7.3 I was driving in Houston traffic over the weekend when my instrument cluster all went dead. The engine is still running but after a few minutes it disengaged and I had no acceleration. I managed to coast into a parking lot & replace the fuse (#19 under dash) and it ran for about 15 min then popped again. Sometimes if I slipped into neutral then back into drive it would catch again but it finally said no. I was on back roads nearly home at this point so I was able to just put it in 2nd and drive slow and it stayed engaged.

Anyway, this fuse controls several different functions and I can't determine what is cause and what is effect to figure out why it's blowing. I'm suspicious of the gearshift with the little wire going to the OD shutoff switch just because of it being in a stress bending point. I pulled the switch out but that didn't help.

I also have a leak I can't pinpoint that lets water in behind the petals when it rains. It's near the electronics / fuse mess under the dash but I haven't seen any of that wet. It comes in from behind the plastic near where the steering column goes through the firewall and gets the floor wet right behind the petals. ( I would LOVE to find the entry point and fix that!!)

I welcome any ideas!

Farm-Mom NW of Houston, Texas
99 F250 Super Duty 7.3 Crew Cab,
2WD, Automatic, short bed. RED
381K w/original engine & tranny
"Big Red"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
Check out my article. Your shifter wire is the fault.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...M2Q5YjdmODQ4NQ

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ken
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings8 View Post
Check out my article. Your shifter wire is the fault.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...M2Q5YjdmODQ4NQ

Thank you! I'll pull that apart asap and see if it can be patched...

Farm-Mom NW of Houston, Texas
99 F250 Super Duty 7.3 Crew Cab,
2WD, Automatic, short bed. RED
381K w/original engine & tranny
"Big Red"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM
RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings8 View Post
Check out my article.
KEN! You're alive! Haven't seen you around for ages. Hope you are doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmMom View Post
Thank you! I'll pull that apart asap and see if it can be patched...
I wouldn't patch it myself - a new shifter isn't that expensive. What you can do is disconnect the plug and leave it disconnected until your new shifter comes in?
woodnthings8 likes this.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 07:41 PM

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
KEN! You're alive! Haven't seen you around for ages. Hope you are doing well.
I am and doing well. Just crazy busy with work and life overall. I don't get as much "online" time as I used to with forums.

Ken
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors,
, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in