Goodbye my early '99 F-250 Powerstroke - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Goodbye my early '99 F-250 Powerstroke

It's with great sadness that I announce that I will be selling my Powerstroke with 345,000 miles. No longer need it to tow my Alaskan ocean boat, now that I've moved to NC and only have a travel trailer. Starting to spend $ lately with repairs. In the shop now with possibly injector issues (original injectors). Will purchase an F-250 gasser tomorrow, so still a Ford guy. Been an awesome truck, and have learned lots over the years in this forum. Will miss the smell of diesel. Damn.

Scott
Early 99, 4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Scott
I recall seeing you around town in the past, with your custom license plate (did you get a new one in NC?).
If your truck still looks good as it did the last time I saw it, you should get a good price for it.
Take care, and I hope that gasser serves you as well as the diesel.
Kevin

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Kevin. I had the Sky*** plate and not sure what I'll get here in NC. Need to figure out a price for the '99. Blue book shows lower than what I'd expect for people who are looking for the good old 7.3s so we'll see. Will keep the '99 until I get a few loads of gravel needed for the yard. Don't want to scratch the paint on the new truck just yet!

Scott
Early 99, 4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:48 PM

Don’t go by blue book. I have found it low almost all the time.

Research local Craigslist and start with a high price.

See what offers you get.

As you know, you can always adjust price lower after a couple weeks if it hasn’t sold.

Starting with a higher price should also scare off some of the Craigslist riff-raff.

The fact you are a long time and mature owner of vehicle should be a plus...although AK vehicles often are a bit beat up compared to Southern vehicles.

2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Stancor GPR. Walker BTM. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:34 AM

My Photos: (180)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDriver View Post
although AK vehicles often are a bit beat up compared to Southern vehicles.
Only the oil patch ones.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDriver View Post
although AK vehicles often are a bit beat up compared to Southern vehicles.
Only the oil patch ones. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/TheDieselStop_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
I don’t know. I just finished a project near Coopers Landing and those vehicles from there to Homer just scream uninsured & are held together by duct tape...and not even the good Gorilla Duct Tape!

2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Stancor GPR. Walker BTM. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.

Last edited by ArcticDriver; 11-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in