1999 7.3L Powerstroke die in the parking lot HPOP no pressure on gauge. HELP ! - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And if it could help, the last 30 seconds my truck run was like that : the engine seem to run on half of it's cylinder and had absolutly no power then 30 sec later it shut down but itself... (Maybe a lost of oil in the hpop lines)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

I've bypassed the ICP directly on the 12V battery and still no press...
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 05:23 PM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

Hopefully you meant IPR on 12 volts direct

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Yes !
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Just wanted to know what you found out on getting your truck running. Was it the hpop went bad?

2000 F250 7.3 4inc exhaust, Ts 6 pos chip witch custom tunes, Built 4R100 w billet triple disc converter, 6.0 trans cooler and deep tans pan, CCV mod, 4 gauge pod A piller,Boost,Trans temp,EGT,fuel pressure AFE intake,RIFFRAFF Frx fuel Rail dead head fix black spring,High Flow banjo bolts,High Flow CVD Fitting, Harpoon mod,Diesel site adrenaline HPOP,AIH Plug,Plenum Reinforcing Inserts. FULL FORCE DIESEL STAGE 1.5 single shot injectors, Garrett powermax GTP38R and blank pedestal, RIFFRAFF Intercooler CAC Boots with complete clamp kit , scanegauge 2
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000F250-7.3 View Post
Just wanted to know what you found out on getting your truck running. Was it the hpop went bad?

Hi ! My truck still not running at this time. I didn't found the problem yet. Still searching !
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

So guys, i've still not figured the problem out.

- CPS is new
- Alternator is new
- Air Dog 2 is new
- IPR is new
- HPOP T-500 is new
- All new hoses
- Injector O-ring are news (Motorcraft)
- LPOP is new (Melling)

My Autometer gauge are showing that I have plenty of fuel pressure but non HPOP press.

Oil reservoir is full, HPOP gear is torqued at 95 lbs/ft, i've disconnect the ICP sensor to be sure it not in trouble. I've plugged directly the new IPR on the 12V battery. My batteries are fully charged and new from the last year. Every grounds are new and clean.

I've read a lot but now i'm out of ideas.

Could you help me guys ?

Late 1999 Black F-350 Lariat ZF6 ECLB, DP-Tuner, MBRP 4'' Stack with 7'' miter cut exhaust pipe, T-500 Modded pump, Air Dog 2, IH bellowed up pipes, Wicked Wheel, AFE Intake, Driven Diesel Regulated Return & Fuel bowl delete, Upgraded banjo bolts, Autometer Gauges, AI Delete plug, RiffRaff OCR, Intake plenum, Boots, SoutBend clutch...
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:36 PM
RT

What kind of high pressure oil gauge - a mechanical gauge directly connected to the high pressure oil rail or an electronic gauge relying on the ICP sensor? If its the latter, then we can assume the PCM isn't getting a signal and not firing the injectors. I would want to see if that value is accurate. You need to go ahead and put a mechanical gauge on it and see what's really happening. Then you need to dead head each side of the HPOP output to see if one side is responsible for the full pressure leak down. Then we can try and find out what's causing it.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Could it be the IDM ? It look rusty... ???
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 PM

It could be the IDM. If the PCM has lost communication with the IDM, it will throw a check engine light and a code.

If you have the capability to run an injector buzz test, you could determine real quick if it was the IDM. If the injectors all buzz, the IDM is fine. If one or more don't buzz, an IDM failure is possible. IDM don't fail very often. You say yours is rusty - if it rusted all the way through the case or the IDM case seal is bad, water could easily get into the IDM and wreak havoc. You could remove the IDM and open it up to check for signs of water intrusion. If you know a buddy with a 7.3, see if you can borrow the IDM and try it on your truck.

2003 F-250 4x4, 7.3L PowerStroke
6" Skyjacker Z-link lift, 35" MT Baja ATZ tires
18" Wheels
Warn 16.5Ti winch w/ hidden mount
Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers
Dynatrac Free-Spin Front Hub Conversion
Edge Juice Programmer
Fabtech Ladder Bars

AutoEnginuity w/ Ford Enhanced package - New Hampshire seacoast - Just bring beer!

Last edited by Greg03PSD; 05-11-2016 at 09:58 PM.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 11:08 PM

Hey International, check your fuses first. Especially #30 (I think on trucks) it is the one for the fuel bowl heater and also shuts down computer.

-Jason
2003 E-350 7.3 PSD EB, RR Frx & Hpx,Hutch/Stanadyne FM100 Pre-Filter, WW2, EBP delete pedestal/Hi flow outlet, Spectra Premium F41B Fuel Tank, 203* tstat, & coolant filter, Bellowed/wrapped up pipes, Walker BTM, AIH delete,AM EGT/TRANS/FP gauges, ThermalZero turbo blanket, KYB MonoMax shocks, TTC-2814 HD coils, Ford Ambulance Steering Stabilizer, Michelin 285-17ís Load Range E, Rear 10 leaf packs, CCV slightly modified, full sound mat, Curt Class V Rear Hitch and 2" Front Hitch, Tekonsha Primus, Nav., 2 AGM's, 2000 lb. roof rack, inverter, insulated, custom bulkhead, tool bins, 170k, my 18th
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

SOLD: 1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4X2, XLT, CC, LB, STD, 240K and counting
SOLD: 1996 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4X2, LB, AUTO, 175K and counting
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg03PSD View Post
It could be the IDM. If the PCM has lost communication with the IDM, it will throw a check engine light and a code.
A bad IDM won't cause low ICP.

Mmmmmmm..... Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - Simpson, Homer J.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockKnocker View Post
Hey International, check your fuses first. Especially #30 (I think on trucks) it is the one for the fuel bowl heater and also shuts down computer.
If he's able to connect to and read data from the PCM, the fuse is good.

Mmmmmmm..... Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - Simpson, Homer J.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

I'll give you news as soon as i've got my new parts and my PCM back !!
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Guys, i've just received some news from SIA Electronics. They said my PCM can't be repared because they are multiple failed component. They give me the serial number of the part (XC3F-12A650-AD).

Can i swap the old one with a used good one ?

Check at the link below and tell me if this could work ?

99 Super Duty F250 F350 7 3L Diesel MT ECU PCM Engine Computer XC3F 12A650 Ad A | eBay

Waiting for your news. Thanks !!!

Original message from SIA :

Hi,

Unfortunately your ECM cannot be repaired. There are multiple failed component on this board that have been replaced to no avail. The eprom has failed and that is not a repairable or replaceable component on this type of ECM. We will be returning this module not repaired. You have been issued a refund through PayPal already. The part number you have sent in is XC3F-12A650-AD

If you would like to speak to someone at SIA Electronics about your part please call us at 800 737 0915. Business hours are M-F 8-4:30 CST

Thanks
SIA Electronics
800 737 0915

Late 1999 Black F-350 Lariat ZF6 ECLB, DP-Tuner, MBRP 4'' Stack with 7'' miter cut exhaust pipe, T-500 Modded pump, Air Dog 2, IH bellowed up pipes, Wicked Wheel, AFE Intake, Driven Diesel Regulated Return & Fuel bowl delete, Upgraded banjo bolts, Autometer Gauges, AI Delete plug, RiffRaff OCR, Intake plenum, Boots, SoutBend clutch...

Last edited by International444; 05-24-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in