2019 most dependable regulated return system? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2019 most dependable regulated return system?

Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade my fuel system again and am looking for advise regarding the most dependable aftermarket solution out there.
In addition to my signature, I am planning on:[LIST][*]Adrenaline or similar[*]Injector upgrade (again dependability in mind)

Given what I have should I just add the reg return system or do a complete replacement as in Dieselsite's option?
I'm looking for dependable operation. I'm trying again for a long western US vacation and want to bulletproof my truck.
Thanks

02 F250 CC 4x4 7.3 Lariat, 3.73 rears, DPTuner F5, WW2, IH UPs, Airdog+Frx, HPOilX, BanksMonster Exhaust, Centramatics, Gearvendor, Custom rear springs, [BTS!], 130k, Dieselsite 203, Eaton Truetrac. FYI- Blackout/2/3 all me! Can't get back into my original logins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:28 PM

My Photos: (8)
If you want dependability I would stick with stock injectors, HPOP seldom go's bad so I would leave it alone also. For a fuel return, I have had good luck with the FRx from Riffraff. With all the mods you have you should be able to get a extra 100 hp out of stock injectors. Truck sounds like a tow monster the way you set it up.

DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
If you want dependability I would stick with stock injectors, HPOP seldom go's bad so I would leave it alone also. For a fuel return, I have had good luck with the FRx from Riffraff. With all the mods you have you should be able to get a extra 100 hp out of stock injectors. Truck sounds like a tow monster the way you set it up.

DENNY
Thanks for the reply. I am not happy with the FRx as it requires me to time out my fuel pump before starting. If I start it before waiting the engine cackles badly.

02 F250 CC 4x4 7.3 Lariat, 3.73 rears, DPTuner F5, WW2, IH UPs, Airdog+Frx, HPOilX, BanksMonster Exhaust, Centramatics, Gearvendor, Custom rear springs, [BTS!], 130k, Dieselsite 203, Eaton Truetrac. FYI- Blackout/2/3 all me! Can't get back into my original logins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 03:39 PM

My Photos: (8)
Sorry I missed the FRx in your sig. I don't have any problems with mine on two trucks, but I do not have the Airdog are you are you sure it is not the Airdog that is causing the issue? I am not sure if the pressure bleeds fuel pressure bleeds to zero when you shut down (khanson will know) If it does I guess you could have some kind of air leak into the system as it bleeds down but I expect to also see a fuel leak under pressure. Maybe a tear in fuel line inner rubber or O-ring acting like one way valve? I would call venders for both products and see if they have had a issue like that. Sucks to put two things on a truck to prevent a problem only to have it happen worse
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 AM

The frx shouldn’t cause that. It just bleed fuel after the regulator.

Irates fuel system is fantastic.

99.5 f250 7.3 4x4- 277k FF 160/30, Hydra w/SDK Tunes, S&B CAI, 4" Exhaust, Van turbo w/Riffraff Billet wheel, Autometer Gauges, Built Trans, Trucool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.

Dads-2000 f250 7.3 4x4- 118k K&N Intake w/Amsoil Filter, 4" Exhaust, Autometer Gauges, Superchip 1705 (Tow Safe), BD Billet Wheel, TruCool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
Sorry I missed the FRx in your sig. I don't have any problems with mine on two trucks, but I do not have the Airdog are you are you sure it is not the Airdog that is causing the issue? I am not sure if the pressure bleeds fuel pressure bleeds to zero when you shut down (khanson will know) If it does I guess you could have some kind of air leak into the system as it bleeds down but I expect to also see a fuel leak under pressure. Maybe a tear in fuel line inner rubber or O-ring acting like one way valve? I would call venders for both products and see if they have had a issue like that. Sucks to put two things on a truck to prevent a problem only to have it happen worse
DENNY
Yes, I'm thinking you are right about the Airdog. Now I'm looking for a more reliable solution.
Thought I'd hook a sump up to my tank or a larger aftermarket one, then a complete fuel system replacement. I like the Irate hard line system, but had problems with my up pipes during install and don't want to touch them again, EVER!
Also noticed, Irate's system feeds rear of heads. I'm not sure that's the best option. I really like the no hoses approach though.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM

A regulated return system is pretty easy to build. Just do it yourself!

However, Strictly Diesel sells some decent kits, if you want a turn-key install. My current "custom" system started out as an a kit/system from them many years ago. The pressure regulator and return lines from the heads to the reg are all that remain of their original system.

A quality pressure regulator and some good quality hoses (I used PTFE, S/S-braided) are all you need, along with the required fittings. Very simple system, really...

And, of course, some in-tank mod's might also be of benefit.

I also run remoted spin-on filters (pre- and post-pump) down on the left frame rail, so my stock fuel bowl has been removed (deleted). The spin-ons offer better filtering (IMO), last longer, and are cheaper than the OEM. Also makes the engine bay SO much nicer looking!
Attached Images

Al in SoCal
AFE Intake; Garrett 38R; DieselSite Turbine Jacket
HPS Hi-Temp CAC Boots; Banks Big IC, Banks Engine Brake
External Oil cooler & Remote filter; Stealth 4-line Twin HPOP, Melling LPOP
Swamp's: 160cc/30% Injectors & HVHF IDM; DP-Tuner F5; Fluidamper Balancer
Custom Full Reg.-return Fuel System, Pre-& Post-pump filtration
Mishimoto Radiator & Exp. Tank; T444 Water Pump w/Filtration
Bellowed S/S Up-pipes; 4" Turbo-back Custom Exhaust into Twin Stacks
SouthBend D-D Clutch; ZF 6-spd w/CoreShifters Short-throw Stick
GearVendors O/U Drive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I considered doing my own and still might. But, after doing a little shopping and research, I found that Dennis's Reg Ret is sold at many vendor's sites. For me this is very telling.
Because I already have an Airdog I'm thinking of buying the full bowl delete RR kit, plus the post pump filter and combining that with my existing setup.
Next is replacing the AD injector, and if still not happy, going to replacement injectors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in