7.3l misfiring/surging in only one DP Tuner chip position? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3l misfiring/surging in only one DP Tuner chip position?

I've had an old school DP tuner 4 position chip installed in my truck for probably 13-14 years with no problems at all. I've never even upgraded any programs since it was original. Lately in only the 60hp position and warmed up the truck will misfire and buck and surge when giving just a little bit of throttle past float going down the highway. It does not do this in any other chip position. It's too late in the week and day to call for tech support so to get me starting troubleshooting in the right direction, Is it possible for a single program to go "bad"? If it was a contact issue with the chip to the ECM would all of the programs be acting up, or is it possible a contact issue would only affect one program?

'02 F350 XLT X-Cab 7.3L/Auto 4x4 Short-Bed SRW
Autometer Boost/EGT/Tranny Gauges
Mods: TTM, Ride-rites, Prepump, Poon'd, Zoodad'd
Sonnax/Tricumilator, 4" Magnaflow 3.5" dp, AIS
DP tuner (stock,60,80-mileage,120)
6.0 Tranny Cooler, EBV Engine brake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:17 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3l misfiring/surging in only one DP Tuner chip position?

It could be the switch it self acting up in the one position. It could be the connection has what I would call o zone build up or the connection has come loose. It might be a shot to pull the chip out and look at everything and reinstall and test again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 F250 7.3 4inc exhaust, Ts 6 pos chip witch custom tunes, Built 4R100 w billet triple disc converter, 6.0 trans cooler and deep tans pan, CCV mod, 4 gauge pod A piller,Boost,Trans temp,EGT,fuel pressure AFE intake,RIFFRAFF Frx fuel Rail dead head fix black spring,High Flow banjo bolts,High Flow CVD Fitting, Harpoon mod,Diesel site adrenaline HPOP,AIH Plug,Plenum Reinforcing Inserts. FULL FORCE DIESEL STAGE 1.5 single shot injectors, Garrett powermax GTP38R and blank pedestal, RIFFRAFF Intercooler CAC Boots with complete clamp kit , scanegauge 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in