Another injector question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another injector question

Looking at possibly doing injectors when I get back stateside. Would like a little more power but still trying to keep it reliable and decent on fuel. I see alot about Stage one single shots but I just dont feel I know enough about this to spend the money yet. Please educate me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 4x4, 7.3, 6 sp, DP Tuner F5, 3 gauge piller pod w/ pyro, boost, gauge switcher. Pro Tech headache rack, 4 in exaust, F-650 dash mod, Ford AIS Intake, WW2, AFE Intake Manifold, Dynatrac Free Spin Hub Kit, RedHead Stearing Gear, BD Diesel Intake Boots
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

86 Bronco II, 4.0 conversion, 5 spd, 6 in Skyjacker, 3 in body, 35 in BFG KM2, Flowmaster exaust, 94 dashboard swapped in, 94 ranger axles swapped in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your stock AD injectors flow 135-140cc of fuel and are split shot. This means they fire a small shot of fuel before the main shot. This was an attempt to cut down on emissions.

Stage 1 injectors flow 160cc of fuel and are single shot, meaning they do not fire the small shot of fuel before the main shot. They only fire 1 shot of fuel per cycle.

Stage 1's are a mild performance upgrade that have proved to be very reliable. They are great for towing, or even just for an increase in power.

We carry Full Force injectors if you are interested in upgrading to stage 1's.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM

My Photos: (19)
You will love the single shot 160cc injectors. With the new tuning you get from DP and the bigger injectors you will feel like you have a new truck. I'd also suggest you do a regulated fuel return and you will probably also want a larger exhaust housing as your temps will climb really fast.

'02 F-350 "Babe The Big Blue Truck" 4x4, Ext. Cab, 8' bed, SRW

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

What would i be looking at as far as fuel milage? Same or a little up or down? As far as EGT's im planing on up pipes soon since I've got a small leak down there. How much bigger housing would you reccommend? I'm also thinking about adding water/meth to help. What is the regulated return and what are the benifits of it? Sorry for the 50 questions everyone. Just trying to get a better understanding before I pull the trigger. Thanks

2000 F-250 4x4, 7.3, 6 sp, DP Tuner F5, 3 gauge piller pod w/ pyro, boost, gauge switcher. Pro Tech headache rack, 4 in exaust, F-650 dash mod, Ford AIS Intake, WW2, AFE Intake Manifold, Dynatrac Free Spin Hub Kit, RedHead Stearing Gear, BD Diesel Intake Boots

86 Bronco II, 4.0 conversion, 5 spd, 6 in Skyjacker, 3 in body, 35 in BFG KM2, Flowmaster exaust, 94 dashboard swapped in, 94 ranger axles swapped in
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHPowerStrokin00 View Post
What would i be looking at as far as fuel milage? Same or a little up or down? As far as EGT's im planing on up pipes soon since I've got a small leak down there. How much bigger housing would you reccommend? I'm also thinking about adding water/meth to help. What is the regulated return and what are the benifits of it? Sorry for the 50 questions everyone. Just trying to get a better understanding before I pull the trigger. Thanks
Probably about the same mileage, maybe just a tab better.

You can run a larger exhaust housing(1.15 A/R) to keep temps down, but the only downside is it will take a little longer to spool.

Regulated Return, in simple terms, lets the fuel flow completely through the fuel rail on the head instead of dead-ending on the stock closed loop system. The kits also increase line size and add an adjustable regulator to control fuel pressure. The purpose of the RR is to give air in the system an alternative route besides through the injectors. It will also eliminate fuel starvation in the #8 injector.

If you want to do a regulated return, Strictly Diesel's kit is top of the line and we carry it. Check it out HERE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in