Any one Using SP Diesel PowerStroke Exhaust Brake - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any one Using SP Diesel PowerStroke Exhaust Brake

any one using this --
2001-2003 SP Diesel "SSEBTC"PowerStroke Exhaust Brake with Torque Converter Control -- im look at these how do this work - it not a real exhaust break but how well do they really work and what about the trans lock up how well does that work.

http://www.spdiesel.com/exhaust_brake.htm

http://www.spdiesel.com/SSEBnew.pdf

please help

2001 F250 7.3l RBP's 4" exhaust ,K&N FIPK kit #2 , Edge Evolution Programmer, and Autometer gauges and triple pod , ZooDad mod, ATS Turbo Housing , AIH delete, 8" new fabtech coilover front end , 37x12.5x17 BFG KO's , Full billet Grill W/ PIAA lights behind grill , Amp Research Fold away steps , Clarion TV/DVD player with back up camara, Apline V12 Amp with JL stealth Sub -------------Truck Pulls A Super Street / Super Gas 1967 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 PM
KRP

Re: Any one Using SP Diesel PowerStroke Exhaust Brake

I've got the TC controller and it works just like advertised. I used to have a home made set-up to use the EBPV as a brake and it worked good, especially considering what it cost. It's not going to work as well as a high dollar brake, but the key term there is high dollar. My dealings with Sean at SP have also always been good.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM

My Photos: (22)

Here is the post I did about it:
SPDiesel

Now mine hasn't had all the upgrades done to it. I need to send it back to Sean for an upgrade, But it's a great addition. I still don't think anyone has something close to his unit yet. Plus with no external unit on your exhaust the DMV can't find out how your truck sounds like it has a exhaust brake. Long story............... but funny. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

2000 F-350 4X4 PSD CC,DP-Tuner F5 w/6 positions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Line-X bedliner, Heated TT Mirrors, High pressure crossover line, Diesel Power Products tank mod [/url], ISSPRO Pillar Gauges
Tru-Cool Max trans cooler, FTVB, Amsoil ATF, MBRP exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 PM

My Photos: (52)

I have been running it for about 18 months now with no issues, other then the blinking OD light... I was not aware he has any upgrades for it, but it sure would be nice not to have that light blinking at me all the time...

01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:58 PM

I believe he has fixed that blinking lite. Send him an e-mail about it. I'm getting ready to buy the Stage Ie SE from him and try that out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

, Line-X bedliner, Heated TT Mirrors, High pressure crossover line, Diesel Power Products tank mod [/url], ISSPRO Pillar Gauges
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 PM

My Photos: (52)

I will do that! That has always been my only complant...

01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM

Hey RaceCarPuller,
Make sure you e-mail Sean and Paul. They do have day jobs and they can't always get to the phone calls. I've been to his house/shop and he only has a small office. E-mail is the fastest way to get ahold of them.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 01:23 AM

I have the SPDiesel tc lockup device and I love it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] except for the blinking light. It works as advertised but especially at night that dog gone [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img] blinking overdrive light is a nuisance.

2008 F450 DRW CC LWB 4x4 Off Road, Lariat, Oxford White, 4.30 LS rear end, Navigation, audiophile stereo, Memory package seats, heated seats, heated mirrors, warmup heat option, power back window, traction control system, backup alarm, rear DVD with wireless headphones.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 07:24 PM

I think you will find a lot of folks on here with our unit. It's really one of a kind and nothing else above or below the price touches the features we offer. The latest version has been micro-sized versus the first gen microProcessor controlled version. There have been a few improvements in the technology and design, most of which is transparent to the customer other than the size. the new unit is exactly 2.5*1.6*.9 (smaller than the average Mp3 player)...

Still does all the cool stuff the first one did, and more.

*brighter LEDs
*optional circuit interrupt for no more blinky OD light (be aware this is complete control over the TC though. it's not a splice, you will CUT your TC wire if you don't have the plug in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in