Banks Git-Kit upgrade - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Git-Kit upgrade

I've finally found an upgrade that I can justify. the Git-Kit will (hopefully) raise the output of my 99.5 to the stock level of the 2001 PSD. has anybody out there installed this and what do you think. are there any other suggested mods to go along with it. the only one i could think would to be a BigHead to handle the increase in boost. from the banks site they say boost jumps from 17.5 stock to 25, which seems like alot for only a 38hp increase. another concern is that i have a small oil weep in the covers in the intake valley. it's a slow weep and takes about 3 weeks for enough to drip down and off the bellhousing. would increasing the boost pressure increase the boost in these covers and accelerate the oil leaking. my truck has 110k miles and was used as a shop truck and for towing. would this already worked condidtion cause accelerated engine wear having upped the power with a computer upgrade? and ideas? thanks!

1999.5 (5/99) F-350 SC, LB, ZF-6, 4X4: ATS Compressor Housing, BBH, K&N FIPK & Drycharger, DP Tunes 60T, Isspro Pyro & Boost, 4" MBRP & Delete Pipe, AD's (for now) ITP HPX, OBA & Reg Return, AIH Delete, Oil Guard, Couple Dongles

Oil Pan @ 133,000
PSN rocks my world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:25 AM

Re: Banks Git-Kit upgrade

I would suggest the Banks exhaust with Big Hoss chip which we can program at the Git Kit level. This gives you the Git Kit to start with and the fexibility to change the power level later on without buying another chip.

2001 F-250 Crew, long box, 4x4, Big Hoss level-5 Chip, Turbo Air Guide (TAG-II), Ford AIS air intake with foam sleeve, Monster exhaust, Aeroturbine, exhaust Guide, 6.0L intercooler, Di-Pricol Optix gauges, IHC CPS, Premo Oil Refiner, Banks Exhaust brake, SmartLock, Banks Quick Turbo, Six-Gun.

2000 Excursion PSD limited, Banks Big Hoss level-5 Chip, Turbo Air Guide (TAG-II), Banks Transcommand, UNI 2-stage foam air filter, 4" aluminized exhaust with 4" down pipe and 2 Aeroturbines.

97 F-250 Powerstoke 4x4 Banks Power Pack etc.

2006 VW Jetta, PD TDI, not modified yet[/i]
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 AM

Where does the Banks GIT KIT go?

I recently purchased a 97 f350 crew cab with the 7.3. I found the "git Kit chip" in the box of extra parts that came with the truck, but i cant find where to plug it in! ive looked all over this rig! under the dash, under the hood! where does banks reccomend it be mounted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
I've finally found an upgrade that I can justify. the Git-Kit will (hopefully) raise the output of my 99.5 to the stock level of the 2001 PSD. has anybody out there installed this and what do you think. are there any other suggested mods to go along with it. the only one i could think would to be a BigHead to handle the increase in boost. from the banks site they say boost jumps from 17.5 stock to 25, which seems like alot for only a 38hp increase.
Not sure what you are looking to do but your signature says you have DP Tunes 60 HP Tow. If you are looking for more or better power send the chip back to Jody and have it changed? I think from your signature you have done most of the "typical" mods, most will tell you to get rid of the K&N though. What kind of boost are you getting now? I have the BigHead and I can get 22-23 in stock and 28-30 with DP-Tuner.

In the 60 HP Tow mode or the 80 HP Econo mode I have gobs of power that I don't think you will get with the banks module. Besides Jody changes the whole truck not just the engine, or fuel. With Banks you will find you have to install seperate components to change the trans (Transcommand).

Ken
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITowBoats View Post
1999.5 (5/99) F-350 SC, LB, ZF-6, 4X4: ATS Compressor Housing, BBH, K&N FIPK & Drycharger, DP Tunes 60T, Isspro Pyro & Boost, 4" MBRP & Delete Pipe, AD's (for now) ITP HPX, OBA & Reg Return, AIH Delete, Oil Guard, Couple Dongles
If your signature is correct a Git Kit would not give you anything new. A git Kit is a 4" exhaust and a 30 HP chip.

2000 F250 Lariat CC SB 4x4 PSD Auto

Last edited by 444-4D; 06-02-2009 at 09:06 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM

DP-Tuner will fix your chip better than the Git thingy will. You already have the 4 in exhaust. Why do you need the crappy programming that costs more than it will deliver, worth wise?

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Before you guys get all excited replying to the original poster, notice that he made the post in 2005.

Justin

Justin

1997 F-250 Power Stroke
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Modded H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, BDP live tuned

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM

My Photos: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin C. View Post
Before you guys get all excited replying to the original poster, notice that he made the post in 2005.

Justin
HAHAHAHA...now that's funny.

I think maybe this guy was the one looking for a response. He posted on 6/1/09:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakabilly View Post
I recently purchased a 97 f350 crew cab with the 7.3. I found the "git Kit chip" in the box of extra parts that came with the truck, but i cant find where to plug it in! ive looked all over this rig! under the dash, under the hood! where does banks reccomend it be mounted?
I guess he didn't notice the date either, lol.

Al in SoCal

2000 F350 SRW CC 4X4
AFE Stage II w/PG-7
Garrett 38R Turbo
Swamps Stage II Single-shots
Stealth Dual-HPOP
ITP Custom-modified Regulated-return Fuel System
DP-Tuner PCM & F-5 chip (Live tuned!)
Autometer Gauges (Pyro, Boost, Eng oil temp)
Non-EBPV Pedestal
AIH Delete
"T444e" Open CCV
4" Custom S/S Exhaust into 5" Dual Aussie Stacks
ZF 6-Spd "Hand-shaker"
Southbend Double-Disc clutch
...plus some other goodies...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The chip has to be mounted in the PCM. It is located behind your e-brake panel. Take the 3 nuts off and pull the panel off and just move it out of the way. You don't have to unhook the cable. There you will see the PCM opening that will accept your chip. If it already had a chip in it, all you have to do is insert it in the opening. Make sure your ignition is off when you do this. I usually use some tape to make sure chip doesn't move around.

Dave
FOREVER THE MAN
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

1997 F350 CC DRW 4X4, Black. Centaurus2 conversion. Banks IC & powdercoated tubes. Stage 2's by Full Force Performance,BDP Dom 66, BDP Fuel system , TS 6 pos chip with Bills & T Wildmans burns, AFE intake, 4" exhaust. Gear Vendor Overdrive. E4OD with Suncoast Pro-Loc TC, 4.10 gears. Sky's RSK, Kelderman air ride, Bilsteins, 40 gal Transfer Flow. Alcoa's. Pioneer stereo, full floor and overhead console.

As of now 391 & 740, Going for 400
pictures >
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:43 PM

still can figure it.......

thanks for yous speed reply. I see that 4 days later you gave me an answer, however, i just plain for got.

ANyways, ok so im looking. at what? the PCM isn that under the hood? do i have to unbolt it in order to plug it in?

Thanks strokeman
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
thanks for yous speed reply. I see that 4 days later you gave me an answer, however, i just plain for got.

ANyways, ok so im looking. at what? the PCM isn that under the hood? do i have to unbolt it in order to plug it in?

Thanks strokeman
My PCM is under the dash behind the E-brake.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM

My Photos: (19)
the pcm is physically under the dash yeah, but it's connector is through the firewall and there is a small (but long) bolt holding that connector on under the hood. Remove that first, then dig it out from under the dash.

Unless you can open it while not removing it, then it's as aklim said, behind the e-brake pedal. Not under the hood.

'02 F-350 "Babe The Big Blue Truck" 4x4, Ext. Cab, 8' bed, SRW

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in