The Diesel Stop banner

Catch can

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dieseldogtom 
#1 ·
Will this catch can work for our trucks? The inlet and outlet seem like they would be big enough to not restrict the pressure in the CCV.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I been looking at the Mishimoto catch can for a 6.0 Ford diesel to go on my 7.3 and I believe it is the same size as the one pictured I am no expert but I can’t see why it be a restriction unless you don’t clean it. I be curious what other guys say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
It would work fine. Not much pressure involved here, unless you have a hole in a piston. Hahaha. Even if it restricted too much, it would not harm the motor, and the pressure build would blow the hose off or split the hose before enough pressure built to stall the motor, or do any damage. So no worries trying it.

#4 ·
If you think you need a can that looks like a pretty good setup. BUT I think from all I have read , While this is not a high pressure vent, If you do happen to develop a restriction you will probably cause oil seal leaks BEFORE you " blow the hose off or split the hose before enough pressure built to stall the motor" . Your concern here is not stalling the motor. It's the CCV line/catch can becoming clogged enough that it creates enough pressure in the crankcase to blast past an oil seal. My impression is that once that happens the seal is a leaker until it's replaced IE: It's not going to stop leaking just because you clear up the blockage in the line. Now just how much pressure it takes to build up in a 7.3 crankcase to blow a seal is not something I have any idea about. BUT I would venture a guess that it's a LOT less than it would take to split or blow off one of those rubber lines assuming they are clamped in place. (Unclamped might be a good "safety" for if something goes wrong. I tend to want stuff clamped up tight. But for this setup I like leaving it un-clamped.
Just my .02 cents YMMV TIFWIW IIRC INTBA
OK...I'll tell you the last one INTBA is (I'm not to bright anyway) LOL DDT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.