Catch can - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Catch can

Will this catch can work for our trucks? The inlet and outlet seem like they would be big enough to not restrict the pressure in the CCV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190113-171153_eBay_1547421529551.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	126382  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwell View Post
Will this catch can work for our trucks? The inlet and outlet seem like they would be big enough to not restrict the pressure in the CCV.

I been looking at the Mishimoto catch can for a 6.0 Ford diesel to go on my 7.3 and I believe it is the same size as the one pictured I am no expert but I canít see why it be a restriction unless you donít clean it. I be curious what other guys say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 F250 7.3 4inc exhaust, Ts 6 pos chip witch custom tunes, Built 4R100 w billet triple disc converter, 6.0 trans cooler and deep tans pan, CCV mod, 4 gauge pod A piller,Boost,Trans temp,EGT,fuel pressure AFE intake,RIFFRAFF Frx fuel Rail dead head fix black spring,High Flow banjo bolts,High Flow CVD Fitting, Harpoon mod,Diesel site adrenaline HPOP,AIH Plug,Plenum Reinforcing Inserts. FULL FORCE DIESEL STAGE 1.5 single shot injectors, Garrett powermax GTP38R and blank pedestal, RIFFRAFF Intercooler CAC Boots with complete clamp kit , scanegauge 2
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:54 AM

It would work fine. Not much pressure involved here, unless you have a hole in a piston. Hahaha. Even if it restricted too much, it would not harm the motor, and the pressure build would blow the hose off or split the hose before enough pressure built to stall the motor, or do any damage. So no worries trying it.

2002 F350 Super Duty, Crew Cab,Long box,4x4, 7.3 PSD, Complete rebuild .010 over by myself except balancing, 2000hp billet connecting rods, ARP main and head studs, ceramic coated pistons, Smith Bros Chrome Molly push rods, Comp Cams springs, shims and seals. Competion complete valve set and head grinding and vacuum tested, Adrenaline HPOP, DP Tuner Infinity DX programmer and full load of tunes modified for my new Stage 3 250 shot injectors, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds and up pipes and collector, BD Diesel triple clutch furnace brazed billet torque converter and BD pro engine brake and compressor set up, MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, Driven Diesel regulated fuel return system, AFE pro stage 2 cool air intake, riffraff billet Whicked Wheel 2 compressor wheel in a GTP38R turbo, riffraff blue cooler boot kit and coil clamps, International Double Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up Pipes
1999 Mustang GT Convertible Anniversary, rare stock electric green
2009 40' Raptor Velocity Toy Hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in