Chip? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chip?

Hey all. Got a Early 99 F350 and would like to boost the power a bit. I pull a 10,000 pound camper a lot and truck does ok but struggles for power at hills, etc. Thought about the TS chip. Anyone have any experience with these? Anything to be careful about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 10:52 PM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

The TS chip is a platform- what matters most is who writes the program. A lot of the guys swear by Tony Wildman or PHP. I like my DP Tuner which runs on a different platform. Any of these will get you where you want to be- more efficient and more power.

With any chip, you need gauges to monitor EGTs. Boost and tranny temps are nice as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 AM

I have one ill sell you, pm me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:23 PM

Haha, im one of those that swear by ts with good tunes. Ive run both dp and ts. My experience with dp was not that great.

Tunes from php, tw, beans/no limit, swamps, gearhead, powerstruck, etc are all great imo.

Dp has made many just as happy.

With a chip you want guages if you done already have them. The only concern is to watch your exhaust temps.

There is a plethora of info about this topic all over the various forums. I believe php is the best bang for your buck but there are no wrong decisions.

03 F350 7.3L Auto CC LB Dually 410's (LS Rear)

PHP/Beans, 1023, SDK, GH tuned/250/100 FF inj's, Irate T4 w/369SXE, Swamps HVHF IDM, BTS Tranny, Strictly Diesel complete fuel system with RR & FB delete.
Autometer Nexus Guages, 4"MBRP, DieselSite Coolant filtration system/billet housing/HP X-Over line. Donaldson Blue(6637)/AFE BHAF, RR Boots/ Billet Plenums, ('06) 26 row Tranny & PS Cooler, LarryB's Genuine Denso Starter
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

My Photos: (1)
If you're going to buy gauges, you can also get a 4 gauge pillar pod and use the bottome gauge pod to house a selector switch for your chip. We have quite a few customers that ask for a 3 gauge kit (pyro, boost, trans) with a 4-gauge pillar. Just something to consider if you're going that route.

David Murphy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM

I've just had a PHP Hydra chip installed by Jay over at PHP, and WOW!!! What a different truck, I was going to go with DP but it came down too customer service and the best bang for my buck. Justin at DP and Jody where great about answering my e-mails and phone calls, and then Jay at PHP called me and we talked he answered all my questions and the Hydra was the best choice for me, and I could not be happier. But get some gauges first, i went with the kit from Diesel Manor excellent product, and awesome directions, and got the ISSPRO EGT and Trans gauge's.

2000 F-250 7.3L (DECEASED)
2001 F-250 7.3L CCSRW 4X4 (Replaced my 2000)
Airaid intake, ISSPRO guage's
PHP Hydra
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

great stuff all!!! THank you very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in