Chips? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yea, my instuctor at UTI owns a machine shop and can hopefully
get me some great prices on gauges. but for now the chip is off,
and im just going to get a new filter and keep the K&N set up till
i can get some more money. But i checked SLAPS website and there
weren't any gauges on there. Do i have to call em up?? But after i get
gauges i will put some tunes om the TS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 powerstroke View Post
but for now the chip is off,
i can get some more money.
Now you are thinking in an adult manner. Myself and others are just trying to save you from a huge repair bill you will never be able to afford. Internet was non-existent when I was your age and places like this could have saved me a good deal of money and repair time.

As for the filter. Do what you have to for now, but do some research on K&N. They are the biggest due to marketing, not quality.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM

My Photos: (19)
If you want to save money and get a good filter, research the DIY intake which uses the 6637 filter. There have been MANY posts regarding places to purchase them for a very good price. It's the filter many here, myself included are using.

As far as gauges go, a good set shouldn't cost more than $400 or so and they definitely aren't hard to install yourself. Another money saving tip, start learning how to do all the things yourself. Labor these days is very expensive. Besides, just about everyone here will be more than happy to help you out when they can. You may even think about putting your location under the account settings so if there is anyone close they might be willing to stop by and help.

'02 F-350 "Babe The Big Blue Truck" 4x4, Ext. Cab, 8' bed, SRW

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"

Last edited by BTBBT; 12-30-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: gramar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:29 PM

99 Powerstroke...... I sent you a PM. Have some gauges that you might want cheap.

2002 F350 CC,Short Bed, Dually w/ 7.3L, Air Raid intake, 3 gauge pod w/ISSPRO V2 gauges, Overhead gauge mount with DP Tuner gauge switch, DP F6 tuner w/stock, 1300 hi idle, 80 econo, 120 race, 40 & 80 tow and decel tunes. 4" turbo back Magnaflow exhaust, CPR fuel system, CCV mod, Adrenaline HPOP and Full Force single shot stage 1 injectors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:25 PM

My Photos: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 powerstroke View Post
Yea, my instuctor at UTI owns a machine shop and can hopefully
get me some great prices on gauges. but for now the chip is off,
i can get some more money. But i checked SLAPS website and there
weren't any gauges on there. Do i have to call em up?? But after i get
gauges i will put some tunes om the TS
Hmmm, I'll try to remember where they were. I'll post a link if I can find them again. Let me know if you end up with the ones from amberjax.
Here's the skinny on the K&N. It's a cotton gauze weave impregnated with oil. You've seen gauze bandages, it's not a really tight weave. Until the filter gets some dirt in it to narrow the passages, the smaller stuff (dust) passes right through. I happen to like them on naturally aspirated motors but turbos just pull too great a volume of air! Another, not the best, option is to use a pre-filter until you can afford what you really want. The pre-filter is basically a sock that slides over the filter element.

2002 F-350 SRW CC LB A/T 4X4 7.3 White
BTS VB and fine tuning; BD Pressure Lock
DP-60T,80E,100,120
ISSPRO EGT & Boost

-Mistake- 2001 Dodge RC Flatbed 4X4 Cummins HO 6spd (Owned 3 months)
-Sold- 2000 Lightning White
-Sold- 1995 F-250 RC 4X4 5spd 5.8 White (shoulda kept it)
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 AM

My Photos: (7)
Found them!!

Look at the end of this post.

St. Louis Area Power Strokes • View topic - My truck 00 F250 4x4 or 01 Ex for sale.

silverf250 is also a member of this board, I think. Good luck!

2002 F-350 SRW CC LB A/T 4X4 7.3 White
BTS VB and fine tuning; BD Pressure Lock
DP-60T,80E,100,120
ISSPRO EGT & Boost

-Mistake- 2001 Dodge RC Flatbed 4X4 Cummins HO 6spd (Owned 3 months)
-Sold- 2000 Lightning White
-Sold- 1995 F-250 RC 4X4 5spd 5.8 White (shoulda kept it)
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I checked out SLAPS and didnt see any gauges. Do I just need to give em a call? Also I might be able to get gauges wholesale from napa, bc my instructor owns a machines shop.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 07:12 AM

The gauges that I have that are for sale on SLAPS are white faced ISSPRO gauges. Pm me 99 powerstroke if your interested in them. This will be a better link to see the gauges.

Last edited by silverf00250; 01-03-2010 at 07:15 AM.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM

You can get by with just an EGT gauge to begin with if your tight for money. A boost gauge is mostly for fun and unless your doing some heavy towing or snow plowing you're probably going to be ok without the tranny gauge for a while.

As to your original question, I'd look into getting some PHP tunes put onto your chip. Lots of people are really happy with their tunes. My 2 cents worth. Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! Check out our Gryphon Programmer for Ford vehicles!

Early 99 F350 4X4 CC 7.3 Auto. A.R.E. Topper, bed carpet/bench inserts, Rhino grill guard, AIS w/sleeve, Fuel filler mod, GOS headlight harness, 02-04 Headlights, Rancho HD stabilizer, 06 Telescoping/heated mirrors with C-Btr Mirrors, Hella FF1000, Htr Bypass valve, front receiver hitch, Quadzilla XZT gauges, ITP Pre-pump/In-tank mods, Pioneer P5000UB w/XM radio, 4 Infinity Kappa 682.7cf, Fumoto valve, FIAMM Highway blaster horns, SS HPX, IDM mod, DP F5 (Stock,Drive-thru,60T,80E,120,80E-Mountain,1200), Walker BTM, RR, Dieselsite BRV, BTS Tranny (2nd one :-), 31 row tranny cooler, Bilstein shocks, Amsoil bypass oil filter, Stancor HD Glow Plug Relay, billet thermostat housing, front & rear parking cameras, Aux reverse lights, Heated Seats.

Security: CrimeGuard Alarm with remote notification, DIY jimmi-jammers, door cylinder locks and linkage removed, padlocked rear bench seat hinge, PCM, DIY "pitstop" switch.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 PM

ive been running the power pup on mine on the 75 setting with guages, built tranny and a few other things. It does good but was wondering if i could get somebody to reflash it with custom tunes or do i need to buy a whole new thing. I live really close to swamps and not so for to beans in TN.

01 powerstroke, 6inches with 35inch nittos, Ts 6 pos chip, 4inch straight pipe, air raid intake, triple guages, built tranny
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

yea, I wanna get Boost,tranny, and EGT gauge. I pull bobcat and horse trailers
around. But I'm getting my chip re-burned after my gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in