CX Racing Double Core Intercooler - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CX Racing Double Core Intercooler

Hey guys, considering stepping up to there double core intercooler, anybody on here have one installed and what's your opinion....

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited 7.3,Induction-Volant Airbox,Zoodad Grill Mod,Garrett GTP38R Powermax BB Turbo.Fuel System-Diesel Innovations HP Pickup in Tank to SX HP Filter&Pump to DI Ext. Reg. Bypass Kit,DI Stage2 Split Shot Injectors(120HP) Bullydog 80HP LP System.Chip-DI 4 Program 50,70,100,150,.SP Diesel 50HP Power Dial.Tranny-SunCoast Converter,TransGo ShiftKit,Mag-Hytec Pan W/Amsoil,DieselSite External Filter&Tru-Cool 9500 Tranny Cooler.Exhaust-Bullydog 4 inch W/ 4 inch down pipe.Rear-Mag-Hytec Pan W/Amsol.Extras-HX Hose,Coolant Filter,Racor 4500 CCV,Rancho 9000's & BFG-285AT'S
Diesel Innovations Knows how to make Horse Power,Why shop Anyware else!Thanks to Cris David and Alan for there Expertise and Kindness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:26 PM

No reason unless your oem Intercooler is bad.

Dan K a SDK runs 1200+ hp with the stock Intercooler.

If you need to drop temps tell us your mods and the temps you see so we can give recommendations

99.5 f250 7.3 4x4- 277k FF 160/30, Hydra w/SDK Tunes, S&B CAI, 4" Exhaust, Van turbo w/Riffraff Billet wheel, Autometer Gauges, Built Trans, Trucool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.

Dads-2000 f250 7.3 4x4- 118k K&N Intake w/Amsoil Filter, 4" Exhaust, Autometer Gauges, Superchip 1705 (Tow Safe), BD Billet Wheel, TruCool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

So my mods include just about every trick out there, one of the problems is I live in south Florida so outside temps during the summer are a constant 90's, anyway I'm seeing 1000 degrees just around town, highway if kept around 65mph I'm seeing 850, my worries are around town, I can go up to 1400 on a push off the light so I'm careful how much foot I put in her, mods: 4" exhaust with flow through muffler and Volant intake, return regulated fuel system with 5/8 pickup starting from the tank and all 10AN from tank to fuel bowl, Dieselsite.com 4" ball bearing turbo set to top out at 25lbs boost, but around town it only hits about 12lbs unless I really put my foot in it, stage 2 injectors, 3 stage switchable chip 50/75/150, I keep her on the 75 and towing on the 50 but I don't pull much more than 3000lbs, tranny has been upgraded with Suncoast torque converter, shift kit, maghytek pan and a 15"X15" extra cooler with a fan on a switch when temps go up, shouldn't have any berring but maybe?,and all the little tricks, Zoodat, ect..

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited 7.3,Induction-Volant Airbox,Zoodad Grill Mod,Garrett GTP38R Powermax BB Turbo.Fuel System-Diesel Innovations HP Pickup in Tank to SX HP Filter&Pump to DI Ext. Reg. Bypass Kit,DI Stage2 Split Shot Injectors(120HP) Bullydog 80HP LP System.Chip-DI 4 Program 50,70,100,150,.SP Diesel 50HP Power Dial.Tranny-SunCoast Converter,TransGo ShiftKit,Mag-Hytec Pan W/Amsoil,DieselSite External Filter&Tru-Cool 9500 Tranny Cooler.Exhaust-Bullydog 4 inch W/ 4 inch down pipe.Rear-Mag-Hytec Pan W/Amsol.Extras-HX Hose,Coolant Filter,Racor 4500 CCV,Rancho 9000's & BFG-285AT'S
Diesel Innovations Knows how to make Horse Power,Why shop Anyware else!Thanks to Cris David and Alan for there Expertise and Kindness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

I cleaned out my intercooler about 3 years ago and I've seen temps rise about 200 degrees since so now mostly 1000 degrees around town oh and I vent my valve covers breather to atmosphere through a large racor oil separating canister so I don't contaminat the intercooler with oil mist but now temps are starting to rise so that's why I'm asking if anyone uses there largest intercooler ( CX Racing )

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Mt trucks a 2000 Excursion, 4" lift with 22" wheels and 35's so she's no lightweight

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

And I'm running the 203 thermostat, I use a lot of parts from Dieselsite.com and Riff Raft Diesel, could the thermostat be pushing my egt temps up?

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 09:53 AM

I would only run the oem thermostat. The 203 doesn’t provide any mileage gains and just leads to excessive temps.

What stage 2 injectors? What does Icp and duty cycle look like?

What about fuel pressure?

Who’s tunes?

How come the turbo is only limited to 25 psi? The wastegate should be tightened way down.

99.5 f250 7.3 4x4- 277k FF 160/30, Hydra w/SDK Tunes, S&B CAI, 4" Exhaust, Van turbo w/Riffraff Billet wheel, Autometer Gauges, Built Trans, Trucool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.

Dads-2000 f250 7.3 4x4- 118k K&N Intake w/Amsoil Filter, 4" Exhaust, Autometer Gauges, Superchip 1705 (Tow Safe), BD Billet Wheel, TruCool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpexpress View Post
Hey guys, considering stepping up to there double core intercooler, anybody on here have one installed and what's your opinion....
Chinese crap...

You'd be better of with a real Tapercore or AFE CAC.

One only needs to read some of the ad copy on their website to know that "English" is not their first language:
"Super Larger Turbo"

Al in SoCal
AFE Intake; Garrett 38R; DieselSite Turbine Jacket
HPS Hi-Temp CAC Boots; Banks Big IC, Banks Engine Brake
External Oil cooler & Remote filter; Stealth 4-line Twin HPOP, Melling LPOP
Swamp's: 160cc/30% Injectors & HVHF IDM; DP-Tuner F5; Fluidamper Balancer
Custom Full Reg.-return Fuel System, Pre-& Post-pump filtration
Mishimoto Radiator & Exp. Tank; T444 Water Pump w/Filtration
Bellowed S/S Up-pipes; 4" Turbo-back Custom Exhaust into Twin Stacks
SouthBend D-D Clutch; ZF 6-spd w/CoreShifters Short-throw Stick
GearVendors O/U Drive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Calico5; 09-28-2018 at 02:55 PM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Stage 2 injectors and tunes came from Diesel Innovations and I have no idea on duty cycle and I keep my fuel pressure at 65lbs, I have a fass fuel pump

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

And Calico?, do you know someone that had a bad experience with a CX racing intercooler and the one I'm interested in is a taper core, from them, it's a 3" bar plate just like the AFE, looks good but I know it's a risk, thats why I'm asking..

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
And Calico?, do you know someone that had a bad experience with a CX racing intercooler and the one I'm interested in is a taper core, from them, it's a 3" bar plate just like the AFE, looks good but I know it's a risk, thats why I'm asking..
No, I do not.
However, I emailed them on multiple occasions asking for info about their coolers and piping systems (fit, construction, will CAC work with stock piping, etc.). The only response I could get was them sending me a link to their cooler and piping systems. They just don't get it.
Also (again), just reading their web pages and eBay ads is proof enough that they don't speak English [as a first language]. I can almost guaranty it's cheap crap. There's a reason their CAC is only ~$700...

Is this the one? You'll note that they just cut/weld two cores together... square, with no "taper" on the ends of the cores. The bottom section (top in the picture) won't flow much...

Al in SoCal
GearVendors O/U Drive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Calico5; 01-24-2019 at 12:13 AM.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM

This is a "real" Tapercore:

Al in SoCal
GearVendors O/U Drive

Last edited by Calico5; 01-24-2019 at 12:13 AM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I looked into them and there known for bad customer service and I'm not loving there piping, it's welded angles instead of one continues pipe, took your advice and checked out the AFE and if I step up that's the one I'll probably get, its a extra 600 but there workmanship showes

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I looked into them and there known for bad customer service and I'm not loving there piping, it's welded angles instead of one continues pipe, took your advice and checked out the AFE and if I step up that's the one I'll probably get, its a extra 600 but there workmanship showes
Yes, I agree. AFE is good stuff. Very much worth the price.

If I ever have to replace/upgrade (from the Banks I have now), I would use the AFE. They are one of the few I've found who utilize a thicker 3" core, but while maintaining the near-stock height & width. Not to mention, AFE has incredible customer service!

Al in SoCal
GearVendors O/U Drive

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:41 AM

The obs guys have good luck with the Cx racing kits. 1023 sells quite a few

My question is what stage two injectors? That’s too broad

160/80, 140/30, 180/100?

Diesel innovations isn’t who I would recommend for tunes on a 7.3

Fuel pressure stays at 65 psi under hard load or is that just at idle.

If Icp is low you will have high egts and more smoke

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in