Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Dieselsite Boots? (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/dieselsite-boots-337537/)

Griz 04-24-2013 12:55 PM

Dieselsite Boots?

I am thinking about purchasing a set of Dieselsite Boots and was wondering if anyone has bought them and what they thought of them. I've read a review that someone had issues with them coming apart internally...anyone else experience that issue?

Griz

ptanner3 04-24-2013 02:15 PM

did quite a bit of research too on boots. found more good than bad, but the bad were quite alarming. ended up getting riffraff boots for 6.4. have not had any trouble with them.

Griz 04-24-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptanner3 (Post 2427745)
did quite a bit of research too on boots. found more good than bad, but the bad were quite alarming. ended up getting riffraff boots for 6.4. have not had any trouble with them.

I am using the Riffraff boots now...they look nice and like you I did my research and found some alarming info about the Dieselsite boots. Their info sounds good but I would like to hear from people who have tried them and haven't had issues.

Griz

timmyboy76 04-24-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griz (Post 2427898)
I am using the Riffraff boots now..
Griz

If you have these now, why replace them?

Griz 04-24-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyboy76 (Post 2427969)
If you have these now, why replace them?

When I was installing the WW2, I had the boots off and I cleaned them before I re-installed everything. I ran a pressure test after hooking everything back up and I was blowing bubbles from the detergent out the ends of the boots. My thinking is the boots are loosing pressure through them. This might not be a big issue but I would prefer not to lose any boost through the boots like that.

Griz

caryt 04-25-2013 01:55 PM

You could save some money and just use Radiator hose....same thing.

I use Ford boots and never have has a issue ...45psi.

klhansen 04-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caryt (Post 2429514)
You could save some money and just use Radiator hose....same thing.

The oil vapor (assuming you still have a CCV going into the intake) deteriorates radiator hose. Ford boots in good shape will hold pressure, but will seep oil thru the hose material eventually.

Griz,
I have had Dieselsite boots on my truck for a couple of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them. Still have stock CCV setup and they DON'T leak. I did blow one off on a test run after swapping the injectors back in. Wrote that off as not tightening the clamp properly.

Griz 04-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhansen (Post 2431570)
The oil vapor (assuming you still have a CCV going into the intake) deteriorates radiator hose. Ford boots in good shape will hold pressure, but will seep oil thru the hose material eventually.

Griz,
I have had Dieselsite boots on my truck for a couple of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them. Still have stock CCV setup and they DON'T leak. I did blow one off on a test run after swapping the injectors back in. Wrote that off as not tightening the clamp properly.

Thanks klhansen...I noticed Dieselsite is advertising a New and Improved boot so maybe there were issues with the first generation boot...not sure. I am using Riffraff boots now and they are similar to Fords...tough but don't play well with oil or detergents. I am running a BD CCV filter which does a good job of removing the oil from the intake so I am not as worried about that part. I didn't like the fact I was blowing bubbles out the ends of the boot after assembling testing. :thdown: My assumption is the bubbles were caused by the Purple Power I used to clean the boots with. So until I can do some more testing and research I continue using the Riffraff boots.

Griz

DIESELSITE 04-29-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griz (Post 2432714)
Thanks klhansen...I noticed Dieselsite is advertising a New and Improved boot so maybe there were issues with the first generation boot...not sure. I am using Riffraff boots now and they are similar to Fords...tough but don't play well with oil or detergents. I am running a BD CCV filter which does a good job of removing the oil from the intake so I am not as worried about that part. I didn't like the fact I was blowing bubbles out the ends of the boot after assembling testing. :thdown: My assumption is the bubbles were caused by the Purple Power I used to clean the boots with. So until I can do some more testing and research I continue using the Riffraff boots.

Griz

Hi everyone. We are constantly upgrading everything in our line. When new technology or material comes available, we jump on it. We have sold tens of thousands of individual hoses over the years. We even had a customer send back a set with 600k miles on them for review (we gave him a new set for doing this). The "boot" problems, that the same few talk of, are the same post about one individual that we never got the opportunity to inspect, warranty, decline, or otherwise.

Did we upgrade our boots because we had an issue? No. We did, however, try to address the issue that I believe that customer had/ caused while we were upgrading to new materials that are now available. This will make them stronger and less prone to damage from installs like screwdrivers, sharp edges on intercooler pipes, etc.

Bob

Machiner1 04-29-2013 05:24 PM

"YOUR LIGHT BULBS ARE NO GUDD!! I INSTALLED THEM WITH MY VISE GRIPS AND THEY BROKE!!!

BAD PRODUCT!! BAD PRODUCT!!:bash:

RT 04-29-2013 06:12 PM

422 Attachment(s)
Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Flywheel 04-29-2013 06:48 PM

Good feedback Bob - why are they so expensive?

Can you have a 3- day sale or something? I have rebuilt everything around my 350k mi boots....!

Machiner1 04-29-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT (Post 2436842)
Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

You can hammer with visegrips:yesnod:

klhansen 04-29-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiner1 (Post 2436994)
You can hammer with visegrips:yesnod:

Been there, done that, as they say. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...ons/icon11.gif

Griz 04-30-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIESELSITE (Post 2436674)
Hi everyone. We are constantly upgrading everything in our line. When new technology or material comes available, we jump on it. We have sold tens of thousands of individual hoses over the years. We even had a customer send back a set with 600k miles on them for review (we gave him a new set for doing this). The "boot" problems, that the same few talk of, are the same post about one individual that we never got the opportunity to inspect, warranty, decline, or otherwise.

Did we upgrade our boots because we had an issue? No. We did, however, try to address the issue that I believe that customer had/ caused while we were upgrading to new materials that are now available. This will make them stronger and less prone to damage from installs like screwdrivers, sharp edges on intercooler pipes, etc.

Bob

Bob I've bought lots of parts from your business and will continue to do so because they have always been 'Top Notch'. I was surprized to see the results from One Isolated Case. But it concerned me enough to re-think if I really needed new boots. I am still trying to decide what I want to do in the future.

Griz