Dieselsite Boots? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dieselsite Boots?

I am thinking about purchasing a set of Dieselsite Boots and was wondering if anyone has bought them and what they thought of them. I've read a review that someone had issues with them coming apart internally...anyone else experience that issue?

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM

did quite a bit of research too on boots. found more good than bad, but the bad were quite alarming. ended up getting riffraff boots for 6.4. have not had any trouble with them.

'02 f-250 cc srw 4x4, auto, 4" exhaust, pillar pod w/ post and pre turbo egt, trans temp and boost, black brushguard/bumper, chrome step tubes. bully dog trans kit, ts performance 6-pos chip, stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140, volant air intake

'08 f-350 cc drw 4x4, auto, mini max, 5" downpipe back exhaust. black ranchhand bullbar bumper, S&B intake.

both trucks bought in texas.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanner3 View Post
did quite a bit of research too on boots. found more good than bad, but the bad were quite alarming. ended up getting riffraff boots for 6.4. have not had any trouble with them.
I am using the Riffraff boots now...they look nice and like you I did my research and found some alarming info about the Dieselsite boots. Their info sounds good but I would like to hear from people who have tried them and haven't had issues.

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
I am using the Riffraff boots now..
Griz
If you have these now, why replace them?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
If you have these now, why replace them?
When I was installing the WW2, I had the boots off and I cleaned them before I re-installed everything. I ran a pressure test after hooking everything back up and I was blowing bubbles from the detergent out the ends of the boots. My thinking is the boots are loosing pressure through them. This might not be a big issue but I would prefer not to lose any boost through the boots like that.

Griz

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You could save some money and just use Radiator hose....same thing.

I use Ford boots and never have has a issue ...45psi.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
You could save some money and just use Radiator hose....same thing.
The oil vapor (assuming you still have a CCV going into the intake) deteriorates radiator hose. Ford boots in good shape will hold pressure, but will seep oil thru the hose material eventually.

Griz,
I have had Dieselsite boots on my truck for a couple of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them. Still have stock CCV setup and they DON'T leak. I did blow one off on a test run after swapping the injectors back in. Wrote that off as not tightening the clamp properly.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
The oil vapor (assuming you still have a CCV going into the intake) deteriorates radiator hose. Ford boots in good shape will hold pressure, but will seep oil thru the hose material eventually.

Griz,
I have had Dieselsite boots on my truck for a couple of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them. Still have stock CCV setup and they DON'T leak. I did blow one off on a test run after swapping the injectors back in. Wrote that off as not tightening the clamp properly.
Thanks klhansen...I noticed Dieselsite is advertising a New and Improved boot so maybe there were issues with the first generation boot...not sure. I am using Riffraff boots now and they are similar to Fords...tough but don't play well with oil or detergents. I am running a BD CCV filter which does a good job of removing the oil from the intake so I am not as worried about that part. I didn't like the fact I was blowing bubbles out the ends of the boot after assembling testing. My assumption is the bubbles were caused by the Purple Power I used to clean the boots with. So until I can do some more testing and research I continue using the Riffraff boots.

Griz

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 04:48 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Thanks klhansen...I noticed Dieselsite is advertising a New and Improved boot so maybe there were issues with the first generation boot...not sure. I am using Riffraff boots now and they are similar to Fords...tough but don't play well with oil or detergents. I am running a BD CCV filter which does a good job of removing the oil from the intake so I am not as worried about that part. I didn't like the fact I was blowing bubbles out the ends of the boot after assembling testing. My assumption is the bubbles were caused by the Purple Power I used to clean the boots with. So until I can do some more testing and research I continue using the Riffraff boots.

Griz
Hi everyone. We are constantly upgrading everything in our line. When new technology or material comes available, we jump on it. We have sold tens of thousands of individual hoses over the years. We even had a customer send back a set with 600k miles on them for review (we gave him a new set for doing this). The "boot" problems, that the same few talk of, are the same post about one individual that we never got the opportunity to inspect, warranty, decline, or otherwise.

Did we upgrade our boots because we had an issue? No. We did, however, try to address the issue that I believe that customer had/ caused while we were upgrading to new materials that are now available. This will make them stronger and less prone to damage from installs like screwdrivers, sharp edges on intercooler pipes, etc.

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner DieselSite.com

Proud Sponsor of TheDieselStop.com
GOT DIESEL? call us at 888-414-3457
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM

"YOUR LIGHT BULBS ARE NO GUDD!! I INSTALLED THEM WITH MY VISE GRIPS AND THEY BROKE!!!

BAD PRODUCT!! BAD PRODUCT!!

Early 99 F350 7.3 250k
SRW single cab 4x4 Auto Trans
4" turbo back w/ 5" muffler
Isspro trans pyro, boost, Fuel Press. and HPOP Gauges
AeroForce Scan Gauge
Stage 1 single shots from Full Force
Riffraff FRX & HPX
Terminator 500 HPOP
EBPValve delete W/ Blank Pedistal
Kickers all around w/ 10" sub
4" Cold air intake
35" MTs with 1.5" wheel spacers
DP f5 Tuner w/ F8 switch
On board air w/ Air horn
AST Ultra remote start
WMO !!!!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
RT

Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM

My Photos: (7)
Good feedback Bob - why are they so expensive?

Can you have a 3- day sale or something? I have rebuilt everything around my 350k mi boots....!

Trail Boss Replacement Bumpers, Tool Box, Headache Rack, Full Length Running Boards, BFG AT/KO 285/75x16E, 2003 Cup Holder, Marinco Heater Plug, Weather Tech Rain Vents / Hood Guard, B&W GN Hitch, X-Springs, Rear 4" F350 Blocks, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, Airlift / Wireless, Duraflaps

Isspro A-Pillar Gauges, Isspro TTM, Ford AIS, Magnaflow 3.5" DP - 4" Exhaust, Garrett GTP38R Turbo, Turbo-Master, High Flow Outlet, Non EBV Pedestal, IH Up-Pipes, DS 203 degree Stat, OA, BTS Tranny, 6.0L Tranny cooler, DP-Tuner F6, FRX, Cass Stage 1s, T500 HPOP, DieselSite HPX

99 F-250 CC SB 4x4 7.3 White
Ranch Truck, Ranch Hand brush Guard, Original Cup Thrower, DP-TUner F6, 4" Turbo Back Magnaflow, AIS Intake, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Ford 4R100HD, CM Flatbed

Autoenginuity
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

You can hammer with visegrips

Early 99 F350 7.3 250k
SRW single cab 4x4 Auto Trans
4" turbo back w/ 5" muffler
Isspro trans pyro, boost, Fuel Press. and HPOP Gauges
AeroForce Scan Gauge
Stage 1 single shots from Full Force
Riffraff FRX & HPX
Terminator 500 HPOP
EBPValve delete W/ Blank Pedistal
Kickers all around w/ 10" sub
4" Cold air intake
35" MTs with 1.5" wheel spacers
DP f5 Tuner w/ F8 switch
On board air w/ Air horn
AST Ultra remote start
WMO !!!!
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM

My Photos: (180)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiner1 View Post
You can hammer with visegrips
Been there, done that, as they say.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE View Post
Hi everyone. We are constantly upgrading everything in our line. When new technology or material comes available, we jump on it. We have sold tens of thousands of individual hoses over the years. We even had a customer send back a set with 600k miles on them for review (we gave him a new set for doing this). The "boot" problems, that the same few talk of, are the same post about one individual that we never got the opportunity to inspect, warranty, decline, or otherwise.

Did we upgrade our boots because we had an issue? No. We did, however, try to address the issue that I believe that customer had/ caused while we were upgrading to new materials that are now available. This will make them stronger and less prone to damage from installs like screwdrivers, sharp edges on intercooler pipes, etc.

Bob
Bob I've bought lots of parts from your business and will continue to do so because they have always been 'Top Notch'. I was surprized to see the results from One Isolated Case. But it concerned me enough to re-think if I really needed new boots. I am still trying to decide what I want to do in the future.

Griz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in