Dual Electric Fans - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:50 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For what it is worth my truck has seen 1700+ degrees everyday for over 30k miles. I've hit 2400 on occasion. Real small turbo, real big injectors.

2001 F250 CC/SB Platinum
11.62 @ 115.79
SWAMPED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Dual Electric Fans Replies Ronchyhiker thanks you

The 5er weights 14k+.The probe is pre turbo.The tunes are 40,60,80 tow,60 80 econ. It is almost impossible to tow in 80 tow.The tunes are about a year old. When I tow in the hills it is in 40tow. One of the "hills" was 11,300ft. I had it in low gear(stupid 4speed auto) and only doing 25mph. Any faster and the temp would go over 1250. It was a long slow climb. I just love those Colorado "hills". I have a large Donaldson air cleaner and a 4in pipe turbo back,straight thru muffler.
Thanks,again

2000 Ford,Lariet,F350,P/S,auto,3.93l/s.diff,longbed,4in.exhaust(turbo back),dash mount gauges(boost,tranny temp,exhaust temp(pre-turbo),Amsoil 15w/40 syn.oil with dual-bypass filter,in-line trannyfilter,coolant filter, 6.0.tranny cooler,20k Reese 5er hitch,mods( ccv,203deg.thermo,pre-tank,in-tank,aih,un-do Ford cackle-fix(replace LL8,reprogram pcm) ,wicked-wheel, EPBV gut,reg.fuel return,pressure set 62psi.,hpx kit,dptuner 5position.chip,modified air intake w/Donaldson B085011 air cleaner,tranny rebuilt (JohnWood
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 AM

There is no reason you should be seeing high egts especially with all the upgrades you have. You should see lower than a completely stock setup. I would seriously check for a leak in your turbo inter-cooler system. If that checks out good I am thinking its your tunes. I would call Jody or look at trying some other tuner's tunes. Sometimes some other programmer tunes work better for some then others and vise versa.

You should check to see if you did not lay off it would it climb up clean over 1350. If it already has never mind.

I know for sure that a water injection system like that of Coolmist or Snow will take care of the issue but that, given you should not have these issues, is a band aide IMO. I think it would be better first figuring out why you are having high EGTS.

Speaking of tunes. Have you tried this without any tunes? Just running the stock PCM tune? Unplugging the chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in