Ebpv delete? Anything else while I'm in there? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebpv delete? Anything else while I'm in there?

I'm ordering parts for my much neglected '00 f350 4x4 dually automatic 325k.
Injectors, cups, up pipes, FRX, turbo pedestal gaskets, fuel bowl rebuild...
The truck is completely stock. Flatbed/tool boxes/tools bring my daily 'empty weight' to 10k plus I regularly tow another 10k+ and regularly do all this off road. And in texas' extreme heat!
Somehow by the Grace of God my beast is still chugging along like the champ she is but she hasn't been 100% for quite a while.
I plan to eventually upgrade to 4" exhaust but am already ordering a fortune in parts so have to spread some upgrades out a bit. But while I have everything apart I figured I'd get input on doing the ebpv delete and if there is anything else that may be a should do now...
Thanks.

Gator
>|--|~

2001 F-450 4x4 XL CrewCab Flatbed (Loved this truck, sold it to a friend and he says he will never sell it!)
2000 F-350 4x4 Lariat LE CrewCab Flatbed - 325k miles all stock, needs some maintenance but still going strong! (My daily driver)
1999.5 F-350 XLT CCSB - 335k all stock (now a parts truck)
2002 F250 CCSB 4x4 previous owner threw a lot of aftermarket money at it with little gain, added a TS6 w/Gearhead tunes. (Brother's daily driver)
2001 F350 CCLB - 180k all stock (Sister in laws daily driver)
2005 Ford Expedition (Wife's daily driver)
Wife is patiently waiting for the right Diesel 4x4 Ecursion to show up....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And many other non-Ford vehicles...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 06:21 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can do the EBPV delete if you are having issues with it (sticking or leaking). Doing so wont help or hurt performance, you are just eliminating future leak problems.

Do you have 325K on the turbo too? If so, it may be due for a rebuild.

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-23-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delayed response. Had a password issue and got locked out for a couple days...
Not having any turbo related issues but do have leaky up pipes which will be replaced soon. Planning on doing all the gaskets and such as I go through. The injectors and related have pretty much wiped out my budget for this go round so will probably just leave the ebpv alone for now. But, yes, everything has 330k miles on it.

Gator
>|--|~

2001 F-450 4x4 XL CrewCab Flatbed (Loved this truck, sold it to a friend and he says he will never sell it!)
2000 F-350 4x4 Lariat LE CrewCab Flatbed - 325k miles all stock, needs some maintenance but still going strong! (My daily driver)
2002 F250 CCSB 4x4 previous owner threw a lot of aftermarket money at it with little gain, added a TS6 w/Gearhead tunes. (Brother's daily driver)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 PM

Maybe put a new Parker vibralok oring on that rear passenger fuel line. Also check where the line runs through the clamp at the base of the pedestal. It's known to rub through.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

That has been replaced! Actually had to wrecker my truck to a shop over that one as I was sick as a dog when it decided to go and couldn't do it myself... I was pissed!
This truck has truly impressed me. When I got it (160kish miles) a lot of the maintenance had been neglected and it had had a fairly rough physical life but nothing major wrong. I fixed it up, kept up with the maintenance and ran it hard and the only major I've had to do was a transmission! Even now at 330k miles needing injectors and up pipes it still fires right up and goes every day it just doesn't have the power it needs and my fuel mileage dropped off a couple years ago pretty drastically. So I'm trying to get it back where it should be and planning to keep it forever! My 5 year old daughter has already decided that she wants it when she's old enough to drive, so I guess I'll have to get another one in about 10 years or so...

Gator
>|--|~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in