Ebpv delete electrical question need help - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebpv delete electrical question need help

So I just recently did the non-E BPV pedestal conversion kit and now I am wondering what do I do with that plug that went into the solenoid sensor on the original pedestal. Do I just leave it hanging, is there a bypass pigtail set up for it or can you use resistors for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Connect the solenoid to the plug and leave it in the engine valley. This will prevent a code being thrown for it.
StockKnocker likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM

470 ohm 1/2 watt resistors. 5 bucks

Delete plug from riffraff 40 bucks.

Cut the old plug off the other pedestal-free

99.5 f250 7.3 4x4- 277k FF 160/30, Hydra w/SDK Tunes, S&B CAI, 4" Exhaust, Van turbo w/Riffraff Billet wheel, Autometer Gauges, Built Trans, Trucool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.

Dads-2000 f250 7.3 4x4- 118k K&N Intake w/Amsoil Filter, 4" Exhaust, Autometer Gauges, Superchip 1705 (Tow Safe), BD Billet Wheel, TruCool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 02:21 PM

My Photos: (6)
Diesel-O-Rings sells the resistor for $1.00. Go to their website and look under the "SHOP SUPPLIES" tab.

2000 F250 Ext Cab Longbed 7.3 4x4 ZF6 "The Pride of America" - AEM air filter, BTM exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP lines, CNC Fab 4-line stainless fuel lines, Fluidampr harmonic balancer, LuK improved clutch kit, Melling LPOP, DieselSite coolant filter, 203* thermostat in billet housing, 3 gauges (boost, pyro, fuel pressure) in pillar mount pod, AIH delete, EBPV delete, CCV mod, Zoodad mod, Glow Plug Relay relocation mod, Hutch mod, Harpoon mod, MileMarker manual locking hubs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Well an 8 pack from radio shack is 4 bucks lol

99.5 f250 7.3 4x4- 277k FF 160/30, Hydra w/SDK Tunes, S&B CAI, 4" Exhaust, Van turbo w/Riffraff Billet wheel, Autometer Gauges, Built Trans, Trucool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.

Dads-2000 f250 7.3 4x4- 118k K&N Intake w/Amsoil Filter, 4" Exhaust, Autometer Gauges, Superchip 1705 (Tow Safe), BD Billet Wheel, TruCool Max, 08 Tow Mirrors.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Connect the solenoid to the plug and leave it in the engine valley. This will prevent a code being thrown for it.
I did exactly what Justin said.^^^ Remove the sensor unit from the old pedestal. Remove any extra weight. There is a blue aluminum sleeve,etc. Next, I wrapped it with black racing repair tape and zip tied it up out of the valley. I didn't want it rolling around in there. Works fine and no codes. Best part was I cleaned up the old pedestal with brake clean and sold it on eBay for $100! Guys with pre-99's will buy them. Cheers!

-Jason
2003 E-350 7.3 PSD EB, RR Frx & Hpx,Hutch/Stanadyne FM100 Pre-Filter, WW2, EBP delete pedestal/Hi flow outlet, Spectra Premium F41B Fuel Tank, 203* tstat, & coolant filter, Bellowed/wrapped up pipes, Walker BTM, AIH delete,AM EGT/TRANS/FP gauges, ThermalZero turbo blanket, KYB MonoMax shocks, TTC-2814 HD coils, Ford Ambulance Steering Stabilizer, Michelin 285-17ís Load Range E, Rear 10 leaf packs, CCV slightly modified, full sound mat, Curt Class V Rear Hitch and 2" Front Hitch, Tekonsha Primus, Nav., 2 AGM's, 2000 lb. roof rack, inverter, insulated, custom bulkhead, tool bins, 170k, my 18th
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

SOLD: 1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4X2, XLT, CC, LB, STD, 240K and counting
SOLD: 1996 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4X2, LB, AUTO, 175K and counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in