Exhaust Backpressure Valve Terminator? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust Backpressure Valve Terminator?

I installed an EBPV delete pedestal and was wondering if it is necessary to terminate the EBPV electrical connector?

Thanks,

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:07 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nope. There is no need to get rid of the connector. Just leave it down in the valley unplugged. It will throw a soft code by not being plugged in, but you won't get a SES light.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Nope. There is no need to get rid of the connector. Just leave it down in the valley unplugged. It will throw a soft code by not being plugged in, but you won't get a SES light.
Works for me...Thanks for the info.

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 07:58 PM

My Photos: (24)
Mine has been unplugged for several years with no problems at all.
Jim

2001, F250 4x4, CC, Auto; Mobil 1 in transfer case&Trans.; Frantz Bypass Filter; "Hutch" fuel mods; Sonnax/Tricum mod;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 30" MagnaFlow; Attitude in A-Pillar and tranny gauge in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AIS; EASE Diagnostics; Reese Slider Hitch; Fr Rotors, Cryo Treated&Slotted by ART.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 PM

Hi all. I'm considering installing the EBPV delete pedestal. Every year the regulation crazy state of CA requires an engine inspection of diesels. Are they likely to see the delete pedestal? They don't plug into my computer so far but will a signal indicate the delete? I need the 3 gauges-exhaust, trans temp, boost. Who has the best gauges for the money, and are some easier to install? Is 3 on the post the best way? Thanks
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeck View Post
Hi all. I'm considering installing the EBPV delete pedestal. Every year the regulation crazy state of CA requires an engine inspection of diesels. Are they likely to see the delete pedestal? They don't plug into my computer so far but will a signal indicate the delete? I need the 3 gauges-exhaust, trans temp, boost. Who has the best gauges for the money, and are some easier to install? Is 3 on the post the best way? Thanks
I don't think emissions would care if you had the EBPV delete pedestal or not. It doesn't have anything to do with emissions. But if you are worried about them plugging in and finding a soft code...you can buy an adapter that plugs into the EBPV connector that prevents the soft code. As far as gauges goes you might want to consider Edge Touch Color Screen readout. That is what I put in my truck instead of the gauges and I have the option of monitoring five things at once and much easier to install...just a thought.

Griz

Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]P-Tuner View Post
Justin...just for the heck of it I decided to make a termination and to elimate the soft code. I bought a 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistor at Radio Shack. Then took a paper clip and cut out two straight pieces for the legs and spliced it to the resistor. I wanted something about the same size as the connector pins and stiffer than the leads on the resistor to plug into the EBPV connector. When I was satisfied with the fit of my 'termination plug' I put shrink sleeve over it and pushed it into the EBPV connector. Works like a champ.

Griz

Old 05-31-2013, 04:58 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Justin...just for the heck of it I decided to make a termination and to elimate the soft code. I bought a 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistor at Radio Shack. Then took a paper clip and cut out two straight pieces for the legs and spliced it to the resistor. I wanted something about the same size as the connector pins and stiffer than the leads on the resistor to plug into the EBPV connector. When I was satisfied with the fit of my 'termination plug' I put shrink sleeve over it and pushed it into the EBPV connector. Works like a champ.

Griz
Yep. A lot of people do this to prevent the soft code. Some even buy a new pigtail that will plug into the original wiring harness and put the resistor on that. It does not look bad at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in