Fuel Tank mods - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Tank mods

I just completed remove and install of my fuel tank, I performed the Hutch mod and the Harpoon mod. I pulled the tank to evaluate the existence of sediment inside the tank which was negligible. One thing I was surprised with was the tank quantity, I thought it was 30 gallon but when I refilled the tank I poured the 15 gallons I removed then drove to my local station 4 miles away and topped off with 20.5 gallons, I was amazed but true to the Harpoon mod it filled to within one gallon of being topped, oh yeah no more waiting for 20 minutes to top the tank. This is a really good mod if you are removing the tank for maintenance. If you are doing the mod in the driveway by yourself it is like wrestling a pig or trying to un-birth a baby to install the tank but it took me 4 hours including a trip to the auto parts store to pick up a missed part.

Mike

2003 F-250 Lariat 7.3 PSD Auto 4X4, Stock with Banks Ram Air intake, IAH Delete, Amsoil fluids, Amsoil bypass filter system, Dieselsite coolant filter, 285/75R-16 BFG A/Ts, Autometer quad pod (boost, pyro, fuel psi, trans temp, GPR light), Marinco mod, Hutch mod, Harpoon mod.

Last edited by 7MAGMIKE; 12-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Dumb question, what's the "Hutch" mod?

Sent from Term3's iPhone
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Dumb question, what's the "Hutch" mod?

Sent from Term3's iPhone

No dumb questions but those unasked.

http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/hutch.php

2003 F-250 Lariat 7.3 PSD Auto 4X4, Stock with Banks Ram Air intake, IAH Delete, Amsoil fluids, Amsoil bypass filter system, Dieselsite coolant filter, 285/75R-16 BFG A/Ts, Autometer quad pod (boost, pyro, fuel psi, trans temp, GPR light), Marinco mod, Hutch mod, Harpoon mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in