hey everyone new to the board.... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey everyone new to the board....

hey everyone i have a 01 350 diesel supercab
i wanna do a few things to it but have some ques
i do plow with it so i was wondering how big of a lift n tires i can do and still plow with it
i also wanted to do an intake chip and exhaust
any ideas for this?? i also do not want to break the bank
i saw on most lifts they do not come with rear springs just add a leaf i want to get new springs all together for the rear thanks for ur help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 AM

My Photos: (1)
If you plow with it, you aren't going to want much more than a leveling kit and 305's.

When you lift the front of the truck, you will change the geometry of the plow's A-arm and end up lifting a corner of the blade when you angle it. I ran a leveling kit on my truck and had to drop the plow brackets as far as they would go in order to maintain the correct geometry.

Technically, you could lift the truck as high as you want but you would have to build a custom plow mount to maintain the correct angles. It would be pointless to have a truck with 6+ inches of lift then have your plow mount hanging down.

As far as chip and exhaust, I'm a fan of my DP Tuner. I don't have an opinion on an exhaust because I just run a straight pipe on mine. As always, before you add a tuner, make sure you invest in a good set of gauges or else engine melt down may occur.

In addition, please don't be afraid to spell out words, use capitalization, or punctuation on this forum. The easier you make it for people to read your post, the more you will get replying to you.

2016 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC LB, DRW, 6.7 CTD, 4wd, Aisin trans

Gone but not forgotten...
2002 F-350 SRW
Lariat, Crew Cab, Long Bed
4X4, Auto Trans, Tymar Intake
Wicked Wheel, Zoodad Mod
DP Tuner - 60E, 80E, 40T, 80T, Decel
05+ Harley Headlights
6" Upper and Lower Windshield Brows
ISSPRO Gauges, Edge Insight CTS

Sold at 206,000 miles

Last edited by lone_star_dsl; 05-15-2013 at 11:32 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_star_dsl View Post
If you plow with it, you aren't going to want much more than a leveling kit and 305's.

When you lift the front of the truck, you will change the geometry of the plow's A-arm and end up lifting a corner of the blade when you angle it. I ran a leveling kit on my truck and had to drop the plow brackets as far as they would go in order to maintain the correct geometry.

Technically, you could lift the truck as high as you want but you would have to build a custom plow mount to maintain the correct angles. It would be pointless to have a truck with 6+ inches of lift then have your plow mount hanging down.

As far as chip and exhaust, I'm a fan of my DP Tuner. I don't have an opinion on an exhaust because I just run a straight pipe on mine. As always, before you add a tuner, make sure you invest in a good set of gauges or else engine melt down may occur.

In addition, please don't be afraid to spell out words, use capitalization, or punctuation on this forum. The easier you make it for people to read your post, the more you will get replying to you.
What he said.

We would be happy to get you setup with a chip and custom tunes when you are ready for them.

Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM

If you are wanting a stainless exhaust FlowPro makes a very nice one that isn't very pricy ! Diesel Power Products I believe is the sight I bought mine from. Straight pipe was under $400 shipped that's turbo back 4in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2000 f250, extend cab short bed, 4x4 superduty,psd 6spd, luk clutch,-.410.1 bullydog flip chip, AEM Brute Force intake system, 3.5in exaust downpipe back exit infront of rear tire. 210k mile
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM

As far as the plow goes you want to keep the plow frame as level as you can so your cutting edges wear evenly. I have a 2 1/2" leveling kit and 285/75/16 tires and I'm maxed out on the adjustments for leveling the a-frame on my Fisher Xtreme V plow. I'm going to fab up some pieces to weld to the back of the A-frame to get another set (already has 3 holes)of holes to lower the plows A-frame down so when the cutting edge wears down I can still get it level again. As for the 4" exhaust I bought the stainless kit with muffler from Diamond Eye Performance for a little under $400 off of eBay. It's slightly louder but not much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1999.5 F-250, 7.3L powerstroke diesel, extended cab Super Duty,short box, 8'-6" Fisher XTREMEV snowplow,Hypertech power programmer III,Banks Trans Command,Detroit locker in rear end,6 disc cd changer,brush quard,2 1/2" Tuff country leveling kit in front,285/75/16" ,Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar tires on MB wheels,Rancho RS9000X shocks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

ok guys thanks for ur info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in