Installation Locations for Marinco - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installation Locations for Marinco

My Tiejtan Bumper is HD and cutting a 1 and 7/8 hole will be a chore. Where are you guys mounted your Marinco RV Plugs?? Could run a wire back to bed and mount there...

Scott
MMC/ss Retired - Still bound by my oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution from all enemies foriegn and DOMESTIC
NRA Life Member

03 F-250, Auto, CC/SB, 3.73LS, XLT FX4, Tiejtan Front Replacement, Ruenel Rear Bumper, Rancho Leveling Kit, Airbags, Dynatrac Free Spin / Warn Hubs, Dynatrac Front Dif cover, Tire Gate, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff, 46 gallon tank, Cryo Treated Rooters and Steel Braided Brake Lines, 203 T Stat and Billet housing, Marinco, Auto Meter: EGT, Boost and Tranny, 4" SS Turbo Back, pre pump and regulated return; HP X, AIS, AIH Delete, Banks IC, DP Tuner - 60 HP Daily / 80 HP Tow (both no codes) and the best for last - BTS with 6.0 cooler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I have a plug in my bed that works for my bumper pull trailers as long as the trailer wire is long enough. You can also mount a bracket underneath your bumper that your rv plug fits into. I am not sure how to wire it but we have a local farm store that did all my wiring.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (7)
My Trailboss has some diamond plate steel flanges on each side that go from the center and taper out to the sides - you prolly have something similar. That allows the Marinco to face forward. A good hole saw will make pretty easy work of it. Just make sure to use silicon on the back side where the wires go in to keep out moisture and dirt from the wheel well.

If you don't have something like this, then you might want to fabricate a plate that you can bolt or weld in.

I never thought of going back to the bed, but even better might be if you have running boards - mounting it below the pinch weld and then you wont forget to unplug!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trail Boss Replacement Bumpers, Tool Box, Headache Rack, Full Length Running Boards, BFG AT/KO 285/75x16E, 2003 Cup Holder, Marinco Heater Plug, Weather Tech Rain Vents / Hood Guard, B&W GN Hitch, X-Springs, Rear 4" F350 Blocks, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, Airlift / Wireless, Duraflaps

Isspro A-Pillar Gauges, Isspro TTM, Ford AIS, Magnaflow 3.5" DP - 4" Exhaust, Garrett GTP38R Turbo, Turbo-Master, High Flow Outlet, Non EBV Pedestal, IH Up-Pipes, DS 203 degree Stat, OA, BTS Tranny, 6.0L Tranny cooler, DP-Tuner F6, FRX, Cass Stage 1s, T500 HPOP, DieselSite HPX

99 F-250 CC SB 4x4 7.3 White
Ranch Truck, Ranch Hand brush Guard, Original Cup Thrower, DP-TUner F6, 4" Turbo Back Magnaflow, AIS Intake, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Ford 4R100HD, CM Flatbed

Autoenginuity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM

My Photos: (1)
Mines been mounted down under headlight (drvs side) on the lowest part of the air dam. Two yrs, no probs.

'01 PSD F350/SC Lariat 6x6 Hercules
"Save the Planet. Its the only one with Chocolate"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 PM

If you have a front license plate, make the plate hinged, with magnets rigged to hold it up when needed. Put the plug behind then plate. One of the users on here has pictures of his, i just cannot remember who (credit to them). I love the idea!

'99 F250 CC-SB 4x4, AFE Stage 2 intake with Pro-Guard 7, Dieselsite coolant filter, DiPricol Full gauges, AIC, On board air + Buell emergency series air horns, Striker turbo timer, Striker I module, Cyclops anti-theft module, TC lockup and 6.0 trans cooler. Powerslot Cryro'd rotors and Hawk LTS pads.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM

My Photos: (19)
I mounted mine on the angled piece right below the headlight on my Kennesaw HD bumper. Just use a new hole saw and take your time, even a little lube won't hurt.

'02 F-350 "Babe The Big Blue Truck" 4x4, Ext. Cab, 8' bed, SRW

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in