Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Installed hybrid injectors, rough idle, codes (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/installed-hybrid-injectors-rough-idle-codes-34566/)

bct222 03-14-2005 06:17 PM

Installed hybrid injectors, rough idle, codes

Installed hybrids this weekend and after the normal test drive to evacuate all the air the truck idles very rough. It lopes and searches around for a smooth idle. Puffs white smoke when pulling out at partial throttle after stopping at a red light. Power is good at speed, EGTs are fine, oil pressure good.I pulled the following codes.

Reoccurring codes
P0476- Exhaust pressure control valve performance, I gutted the EBV
P0541- Manifold intake air heater, I removed air heater

New codes
P1293- High side open-bank 1 Right
P1294- High side open-bank 2 Left
P0603- Internal control module KAM error, Battery was disconnected during swap
P0606- PCM processor fault, Battery was disconnected during swap
P1670- EF feed back signal not detected ?

An HX cross over hose was installed and the fuel pressure regulator was shimmed to 72psi at the same time.

Any ideas?

gtspowerstroke 03-14-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Installed hybrid injectors, rough idle, codes

Were they single shot hybrids? If so did you get a program to run them properly? If not that is probably where your rough idle is comming from.

bct222 03-14-2005 08:15 PM

Split shot hybrids. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm currently running single shot hybrid programing. I tend to believe it is electrical. I'm thinking valve cover gasket injector harness.

thuglike 03-14-2005 08:18 PM

Are the 1293 1294 codes setting the ses light all the time?

Josh F250 03-14-2005 08:21 PM

The P1293 and P1294 are your problem. Do a buzz test and cylinder cont test and it will probably tell you one or both of those are not contributing. It is either a problem with the IDM, the wiring, or the injector is unplugged. I had the same problem and a buzz test told me it was #7. I pulled the valve cover back off and found that I had knocked the #7 wire off the injector when putting the valve cover on. I plugged it back in and it has run great ever since.

Good luck!

bct222 03-14-2005 08:33 PM

Thuglike, no SES light.
Josh F250. It will not complete the entire contribution test. Tried several times. One time it did say #3 and #5 not contributing. If I recall I had a similar problem with the buzz test. My first thought was to take the covers off and possible change the harnesses if everything was still connected. Had a service customer with a bad harness the other day.
Thanks

DIESELSITE 03-14-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Split shot hybrids. I'm currently running single shot hybrid programing.

[/ QUOTE ] And the question is?

Timing is WAAAAAAY off.
Bob

jat99 03-14-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Split shot hybrids. I'm currently running single shot hybrid programing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] Where did you get these split shot hybrids and where did you get the single shot programming to go with the split shot hybrids?

Did I read that right?

bct222 03-14-2005 09:21 PM

Bob,
The only other truck I know of with hybrid split shots is running the same programs with out any problems. I will have the custom tunning done very soon but I was concerned with the codes. I should have been more specific. It is worse than a rough idle like the early single shot hybrids. I do not think the injectors are working properly regardless of programing due to an electrical issue. I may be wrong but the test seem to point to it. Check your pm's please.

BIGBEAN 03-14-2005 09:29 PM

Long story but he wound up with single shots programming on his chip for other reasons.

I believe it acts the same way with out the chip so I dont think that is his problem. I think its in a harness or the IDM.

The injectors he is running are test injectors so we are not sure what programming they are gonna need exactly, Jody will have to figure that one out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bct222 03-14-2005 09:43 PM

Bean is correct. There is a harness/wiring issue NOT an injector issue. I spoke to Jody this evening and will be making a trip to Ashville very soon for that custom tunning.

I did not mean to imply that the injectors or programing were the cause just wanted some help with the codes. I believe Josh F250 may have answered my question

Sorry Bean,sorry Jody, didn't mean to drag you into this.

BIGBEAN 03-14-2005 10:17 PM

No problem Dave, hope you get her runnin right tommorrow so you can get out and have some fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

jat99 03-14-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long story but he wound up with single shots programming on his chip for other reasons.

I believe it acts the same way with out the chip so I dont think that is his problem. I think its in a harness or the IDM.

The injectors he is running are test injectors so we are not sure what programming they are gonna need exactly, Jody will have to figure that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Bean, sorry I thought I was getting real sleepy and did not understand the post. My bad.

Split shot hybrids......cooool [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] Interested to see how this one turns out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]