Issue after injector swap - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Issue after injector swap

A couple days ago I had stage one injectors from full force diesel along with a terminator pump and new DP chip. I'm now having weird idle issues, idle fluctuates and jumps from 500-1000 RPM, sounds like its about to stall then comes back up. Unplugged ICP and seems to really help the problem, replaced ICP and same issue happening. Also, the #3 injector fluctuates between 3.3 and 5.0 on contribution test, all others are fine. Ryan at FFD suggested that perhaps the valve cover gasket is the issue since it is Dorman brand from NAPA. Anyone else have any ideas before I tear into this thing again this weekend?

03 F250 Lariat 7.3 4x4 CC SB, Autometer Pyro,Boost,Trans, DP F5 80 Econ, 80 Tow, 60 Tow, Decel, 120 Race, Tymar intake, 5 in MBRP, Garrett GTP38R, Stage 1's, Terminator HPOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 PM

My Photos: (60)
Getting the same thing just did stage threes get a rough choppy idol sounds like its missing but checked it with a scan comp and were all good. I know its supposed to take time to bleed the air out of the high pressure oil system but I put probs 50 miles on and still the same. Side note my hpop resivor was empty after initial start up and idol and haven't checked it tonight but ill bet its not full now. Any ideas before I pull the covers of again and start checkin things?

2000 White F250 PowerStroke 4X4 Off Road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6 Inch super Lift
38 Inch Nitto Muds
BushWacker Pocket Flares
Dick Cepek DC1's
AEM Bruteforce Intake
AutoMeter C2 Boost, Trans Temp, EGT
MBRP 4 Inch Turbo Back Up to 5 To 7 Inch GrandRock Miters
Edge Juice With Attitude Moniter(Just For Gauges)
Custom Programing From Jody DP-Tuner F5
Stock,No Start, High Idle, 80 Econ, 120 Race, 140 Agressiv
OverBoost Annihilator, HPX Cross Over Line IC Pipe Foil Delete MOD
Running Garret GTP38R Ball Bearin non WasteGated 1.15 Exhaust Housing
Transmisson Done by The Local Guy New Housing, Transfercase and Drive Line Factory 3.73's "All Heavy Duty Billet Steel Internals"
Pro Torq Stage Three Billet Torq Converter

Rhino Liner, 10,000K HID's, Black Diamond Eye Head Lights, Recon Running Board LED's, Remote Start, Dual 7 Inch Touch Screen In Dash DVD, 12 Inch JL Audio Sub, Rockford Fosgate 600 Amp

Still Get Smoked By 6.0's
But Whos Truck Do The Women Always Want to Ride in?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WyoTech 09
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
I have about 400 miles on mine now, so all air should definitely be out of my system

03 F250 Lariat 7.3 4x4 CC SB, Autometer Pyro,Boost,Trans, DP F5 80 Econ, 80 Tow, 60 Tow, Decel, 120 Race, Tymar intake, 5 in MBRP, Garrett GTP38R, Stage 1's, Terminator HPOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 PM

Yea man well mine just feels almost like its running out of fuel But its got all the power in the world only time I have the issue is idoling and deceleration u can feel and hear It

6 Inch super Lift
38 Inch Nitto Muds
BushWacker Pocket Flares
Dick Cepek DC1's
AEM Bruteforce Intake
Transmisson Done by The Local Guy New Housing, Transfercase and Drive Line Factory 3.73's "All Heavy Duty Billet Steel Internals"

Rhino Liner, 10,000K HID's, Black Diamond Eye Head Lights, Recon Running Board LED's, Remote Start, Dual 7 Inch Touch Screen In Dash DVD, 12 Inch JL Audio Sub, Rockford Fosgate 600 Amp

WyoTech 09
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Started right up thismorning got a blue smoke still had that idol and decel issue hpop res is now full where it should be. Sometimes it idols fine other times choppy Any ideas ?

6 Inch super Lift
38 Inch Nitto Muds
BushWacker Pocket Flares
Dick Cepek DC1's
AEM Bruteforce Intake

WyoTech 09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in