LED flasher part number - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LED flasher part number

Does anyone have the part number for a flasher used for LED lights? Obviously I need to change out the HD unit to a light duty one for LEDs.
Thanks,Bob

Bob Riley, Owner DieselSite.com

Proud Sponsor of TheDieselStop.com
GOT DIESEL? call us at 888-414-3457
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: LED flasher part number

Are you talking about something like this; <font color="blue">LED flasher</font> and this; <font color="red">LED flasher</font> ? Or do you mean the actual flasher that installs in your fuse block?

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD
ITP Intank ModsLUK clutch w/ Kevlar pilotAFE Stage1Red Top OptimasReflexxion Cowl Hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM

I dont like Load Equalizers.

Whats the point of installing LEDs if your just going to use a resistor to generate heat.

I see the point to adding LED's as a way to reduce load on the alternator. Load equalizers just add the load back in, that the LED removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Is that all the load resistors do? If I were to add LED, it would be to use less voltage. That must be why they recommend to not put those load resistors near anything such as plastic, oil or anything flamable. They state that they get very hot.

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD
ITP Intank ModsLUK clutch w/ Kevlar pilotAFE Stage1Red Top OptimasReflexxion Cowl Hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:29 PM

My Photos: (7)

i just installed a light inline on the turn signal wire. its mounted inside the frame rails above spare tire and and taped up real good so you can't see the light when it blinks. (i did one for each for Left and Right)

thomas

<font color="orange"> __________________________________________________ _____________________________</font>
aka Power-Strokin' (234 posts)

<font color="navy">3.73ls VDH2 oxford white/silver metallic, DP-Tuner 4 pos.(40, 70, 100, 125), FTVB, AIS, WD Turbo Brake III, 4" Magna-Flow turbo-back exhaust, wicked wheel, 3 guage A-pillar pod w/ Di-pricol white-face guages, ITP fuel system, after market leather seats (two tone), Super-Liner, "chromed" emblems, CCV mod., BFG AT 295/75-16 on 16 x 10 Ultra Type 50/51 wheels, Rancho RSX, Amsoil bumper-to-bumper, PopUp GN hitch, GOS harness & SilverStars </font>

'04 F250CC Lariat PSD FX4 white/silver, Putco stainless toolbox, stock!!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that all the load resistors do? If I were to add LED, it would be to use less voltage. That must be why they recommend to not put those load resistors near anything such as plastic, oil or anything flamable. They state that they get very hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, technically, LED's use less CURRENT (in addition to most LEDs use less voltage).

Most blinker relays are basically resetting fuses. the current flow warps the metal inside until it breaks contact (current flow generates heat when the wire is thin enough). The regualr bulbs draw enough current to make the blinker work. LED's DO NOT draw enough current and teh blinker goes stupid.

Load equalizers pretend to be regualr bulbs to increase the current flow, but the energy has to go SOMEWHERE so its converted to HEAT.

Hence the need to keep them away from plastic, oil, etc.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 12:08 PM

My Photos: (1)

Bob, is this what you are looking for? Ford LED Turn signal flasher

Y2K,F-250 Lariat, PSD,Auto 4X2, NVK4, S.Cab,White, Banks T.O.P. and Muffler, Isspro Gauges, TTM, Sonnax & Tricumulator, Rancho 9000s, AIC, Silverstar Bulbs,SUVLIGHTS Harness,Homebrew "Britebox",Homebrew LED "Strobes", N-fab nerf steps,

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob, is this what you are looking for? Ford LED Turn signal flasher

[/ QUOTE ]

now THAT is the correct answer to changing to LEDs. This beats the daylights out of "load equalizers".
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

YES. Thank you!!!!

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner DieselSite.com

Proud Sponsor of TheDieselStop.com
GOT DIESEL? call us at 888-414-3457
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 08:52 PM

Hey Bob...how about some new pics of the truck since you changed the look.

John

FOR SALE*1996*F250*4X4*<font color="red">RED</font>*CC*SB*E4OD*4:10's*4" Exhaust *Tymar*Factory AIC*SnugTop Shell**NAW4*129,XXX miles
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 10:03 PM

My Photos: (7)

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob...how about some new pics of the truck since you changed the look.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

when i talked to Bob tonight he was telling me about the new "look" and he said it was almost ready to pose for pics.

thomas

<font color="orange"> __________________________________________________ _____________________________</font>
aka Power-Strokin' (234 posts)

<font color="navy">3.73ls VDH2 oxford white/silver metallic, DP-Tuner 4 pos.(40, 70, 100, 125), FTVB, AIS, WD Turbo Brake III, 4" Magna-Flow turbo-back exhaust, wicked wheel, 3 guage A-pillar pod w/ Di-pricol white-face guages, ITP fuel system, after market leather seats (two tone), Super-Liner, "chromed" emblems, CCV mod., BFG AT 295/75-16 on 16 x 10 Ultra Type 50/51 wheels, Rancho RSX, Amsoil bumper-to-bumper, PopUp GN hitch, GOS harness & SilverStars </font>

'04 F250CC Lariat PSD FX4 white/silver, Putco stainless toolbox, stock!!!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:30 PM

Wow, something Bob Riley needed our help on? That's a twist... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Andy

2002 F250 XLT PSD Auto CC SB 2WD. Owned since new.
265/75R16E Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos
Ford AIS Intake w/ Motorcraft Element
Optima 34/78 Red Top Batteries
Fleetguard LF9027 Venturi Oil Filter
22" Wiper Blades
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 AM

Has anyone purchased one of these flasers yet? We went to NAPA to look for it... they didn't have it in stock, but they looked it up and it was about $80. Does that seem right?? I was thinking it would be a bit cheaper than that?

2003 4x4 F250 7.3 Crew Cab Shortbed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in