Lucas Transmission Fix? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (8)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lucas Transmission Fix?

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? My friend who is a mechanic and also races a drag car says it works great and helps the tranny shift better. I was considering trying it, and thoughts? I might also add it with the sonnax/tric shift kit.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...2&loc=show

2001 F-350 XLT, CC, LWB, 4x4, Auto, Off-Road, DP-Tuner (stock-40-80-120), SP Diesel Air Intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Banks BHA, TAG, Dieselsite BRV, AIH Mod, 203 Stat, Sonnax/Tri Kit, Tank Mods, Redhead Steering Gear, DB Electric Starter, Di Pricol Gauges in A-Pillar, 3.5" Custom Lift, 315/75/16 BFG ATs, Delta Toolbox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM

My Photos: (11)
Re: Lucas Transmission Fix?

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever tried this stuff? My friend who is a mechanic and also races a drag car says it works great and helps the tranny shift better. I was considering trying it, and thoughts? I might also add it with the sonnax/tric shift kit.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...2&loc=show

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to keep my tranny chemically free, just like my kids and don't think your tranny needs anything but pure straight MERCON. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Save your $$$ and give your tranny a real treat with a good FAQ servicing maybe a little earlier than you planned.

Larry, keeper of the <font color="blue">"little secrets" </font> CLICK HERE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001PSD(PCM:HPI2)SD E-350,Dk Emerald Grn,4.10LS, <font color="blue">Mustang dyno - 183.9/400.4 stock</font>
, BTS w/Schaeffer's ATF
, ITP 3.5"/4" exhaust w/Magnaflow & Aeroturbine,Dieselsite 203* T-stat/Zerex G-05,F.Pwr, Ext/Int. Upgd. pkg,R. Bds,AIC,Tow Pkg, Rear & Slider windows,<font color="red">AMSOIL air, oil-bypass & rear end 75w-140 fluid ,<font color="blue">3/8" fuel sys w/10 Dieselsite DAHL100 & fuel manifold/sight glass</font>,6 way dr. pwr. seat, Magnefine trans/P.S. filters</font>, husky mats,<font color="red">5 gauge A-pillar ISSPRO EVs w/Grn mkr illum. + air & fuel restriction gauges</font>,Dieselsite coolant filter and zinc electrode, manual GPR switch & GP LED, blinking security LED, weathertechs, a few other "Gadgets"
, & a 1981 26' Prowler TT(26Y)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (8)

I had recently had the tranny serviced so thats not an issue. However, about a month ago I tried the Edge Evo and in the high settings the tranny was slipping a lot. I was told that this stuff helps eliminate slipping and firms up the shifts, so thats why I wanted to try it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] I was just curious if anyone ever used it and if it helped.

2001 F-350 XLT, CC, LWB, 4x4, Auto, Off-Road, DP-Tuner (stock-40-80-120), SP Diesel Air Intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Banks BHA, TAG, Dieselsite BRV, AIH Mod, 203 Stat, Sonnax/Tri Kit, Tank Mods, Redhead Steering Gear, DB Electric Starter, Di Pricol Gauges in A-Pillar, 3.5" Custom Lift, 315/75/16 BFG ATs, Delta Toolbox

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM

My Photos: (30)

I have used it and it worked great in that application. It was a chevy pre-runner with a 4l60e and a 35" tires running 4.56 gears. It would slip allot at the during the shifts. I installed the lucas stuff and no more detectable slips. This wasn't a important application such as towing with a 1 or 3/4 ton.

2018 F-350 Lariat Ultimate 4x4 DRW 6.7
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 12:43 AM

My Photos: (0)

Lucas tranny fix is an excellent product! It also works great in the transfer case. I use a 20 oz bottle, and Mobil synthetic atf in the tranfer case. I also use a 20 oz bottle in the tranny. My original tranny made it to 396,000 miles with only a torque converter change, and trans go shift kit installed at 134,000 miles. The new BTS is awesome! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sold 02 F350 Lariat CrewCab Toreador Red/ Silver DRW LB AT 4X4 4.10 gears, BTS custom chip, and tranny. built BTS and Ford Tough! 859,532 miles

SOLD: 02 F350 Lariat CC Toreador Red, DRW AT 4.10 gears, BTS custom chip, and Tranny 214,550 miles,Built BTS, and Ford Tough!
Sold 94 F350 XLT SC DI DRW 5Speed 314,000

Lifetime Member "BTS BUBBA" Association
"Ain't no feelin like BTS mobilin"
SLAPS Member
Sold 62 Corvair 95
Bus
92 Buick deuce and a quarter
03 Ford Windstar- Granny Hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in