Need more power! - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 08:36 AM

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsroka80504 View Post
Boxes have started showing up and running out pf places to hide from the wife. I did have a question about the turbo set-up. I am going to be running the banks big head on the ATS compressor with a DP Tuner. Is the big head adjustable? What is a good amount of boost? Jody had said I could get up to 32 psi, but that seems high. Is there a number I should keep it under? I have read that anything over 25 could be bad news. I read the instructions on the banks big head and not sure I get the adjustment thing. Any advice?
Yes, most will agree that a stock turbo shouldn't be ran over 25psi max.
Many will suggest staying below 22 to be safe.
I've set mine up to max out right around 20psi WOT.
I'm guessing this is just slightly higher than the stock wastegate was, but more importantly it's holding shut longer and is more predictable...opens smoothly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
y2k F250 7.3 psd Calif emissions, ext cab long bed 265/75/R16 E rated tires, 230k miles 4x4 (nv271 manual t-case) 7.3 #1247981 1/18/00 (forged rods), 3.73LSD, non-diode 4R100, Dp tuner stock, 60t 60e 80t 80e, high idle. DIY 6637 air filter, wicked wheel, turbo master WG controller, turbo lifesaver, bellowed uppies, 4" downpipe & exhaust, 203t-stat, triple pod glowshift gauges (egt, tranny, boost), Ride-rite 2330 air bags, BTS VB, Sports a Western plow when the white stuff flies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 6.7 Lariat 4x4 CCSB CM/TM bed w/b&w turnover 285/65r20

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guys, thanks to everyone with helping me mod my truck. I finally got everything in on it and couldn't be happier with the results. Now, I will focus my time on negotiating my way back into my house with my wife. If only I had the money I had to spend on her diamond apology ring to spend on my truck. Could easily have gotten over 500hp! I posted a couple of pictures on here with the results, again without all of your help I would have had no idea what to do. Happy and safe holidays to all of you and your families!

2011 F350, CC, SB, Lariat Ultimate, Chrome Package, 4x4, FX4, White Platinum, 6.7L (SOLD)

2001 F-250 CC Lariat, LB, 4x4. 205K and Traded in

1996 F-250 XLT Regular Cab, 4x4, 187K. Bartered for construction work.

2010 Cougar 32RLB 5th Wheel - Traded in 1/22/11

2011 Road Warrior 30C Titanium Edition (SOLD)

Last edited by dsroka80504; 07-09-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in