New owner of 2002 Excursion - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New owner of 2002 Excursion

I just picked an 2002 Excursion. The truck has a 38R Garret turbo, intake, 4" stainless turbo back and bigger inner cooler "not sure of brand yet". It came with an SCT and i'm not sure what the programs that are on it. Who is someone that can help me out with this? I don't want anything crazy just want to utilize to the best benifit of the add on's. Trans was built by twisted diesel. Is their anything else mod wise i should do? Thanks for any help.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
2002 Excursion Limited, 7.3, 8'' lift, 22x14 XD Diesels"for now", 37" TOYO MT's, Garret 38R, 4'' MBRP Stainless turbo back, Bigger Inner cooler, SCT, Built Trans

SOLD-1997 F-250 XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, AT, ext cab, longbed, tri coat red, stock (for now), daily driver/work truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 F-250 XLT, 6.0 psd, 4x4, AT, crewcab, shortbed, silver, ordered 9-02 received 1-16-03, 8''super lift, 2.0 fox res shocks, 36" MTZ's, 20x12 XD Rock Stars, 4" turbo back t-304 silver line exhaust, 4:56 gears, polished fined diff covers, painted handles, cowl induction hood, line-X.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1989 F-250 XLT, 7.3 IDI, 4x4, AT, reg cab, 10" sky jacker, 36 Mickey-T's, 16.5x12 eagle alloys, 3" dual exhaust "no mufflers", custom paint black with camillion scallops, pioneer system ( truck was totaled, just paid for and was in mint condition in 9-02)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Your best bet would be to talk to Jacob or Jody at DP-Tuner about some custom tunes that can best coordinate with your setup. Much better than the canned tunes in the SCT chip. Diesel tuning products for Ford PowerStroke

A Ford Severe Duty AIS would be a good intake upgrade.

Also, its an intercooler - not inner cooler. Probably an autocorrect moment...

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
Not a big fan of DP Tuner. Had a F-5 on my 97 250 and didn't care for the way it shifted. Thanks for the spelling correction on intercooler.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
2002 Excursion Limited, 7.3, 8'' lift, 22x14 XD Diesels"for now", 37" TOYO MT's, Garret 38R, 4'' MBRP Stainless turbo back, Bigger Inner cooler, SCT, Built Trans

SOLD-1997 F-250 XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, AT, ext cab, longbed, tri coat red, stock (for now), daily driver/work truck

2003 F-250 XLT, 6.0 psd, 4x4, AT, crewcab, shortbed, silver, ordered 9-02 received 1-16-03, 8''super lift, 2.0 fox res shocks, 36" MTZ's, 20x12 XD Rock Stars, 4" turbo back t-304 silver line exhaust, 4:56 gears, polished fined diff covers, painted handles, cowl induction hood, line-X.

1989 F-250 XLT, 7.3 IDI, 4x4, AT, reg cab, 10" sky jacker, 36 Mickey-T's, 16.5x12 eagle alloys, 3" dual exhaust "no mufflers", custom paint black with camillion scallops, pioneer system ( truck was totaled, just paid for and was in mint condition in 9-02)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 AM
RT

My Photos: (0)
I think you will find a huge improvement over time with any tech company. I've got multiple programs of his on my 03 and it runs and drives like a dream. Of any of the upgrades I've done to this truck, that would be the one I'd fight you for.

If you can't get over the past bad experience, try PHP or TW - any of the custom writers. The problem with canned tunes is they are a compromise to accomodate the average. They won't take advantage of your upgrades.

Why don't you PM caryt on this site - he carries several tunes that would be perfect for you.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in