Not trying to build race truck - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not trying to build race truck

Hi all, I'am new to TDS I just found this site recently and I'am hooked!! I tow a 30'TT in the summer months and I'am looking to do some upgrades. I plan to get gauges and a larger downpipe soon. I just purchased the (sonnax/tricumulator) and plan to install it as soon
as the weater breaks. What I'am wonder is where to go from there?
10K mod? EOT mod? chip? programmer? My rig is all stock with 167K
on it and it runs great I'am not looking to build a race truck just
want a little more somtin somtin when towing. I have never had it to
the stealer to be reflashed is this somthing I should do before I do
any Mods?
P.S. Thanks to this site I just uncloged my EBPS and saved big bucks
not taking it to the stealer.

2006 F250 Super Duty
6.0 PSD,CC,SB,XLT,4x4,373 gears,AFE Intake,EGR Deleted,Cat Deleted,AFE Turbo Back S/S Exhaust,8' Blizzard Snow Plow, Tow 26' Cherokee Grey Wolf TT w/super slide room.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 AM

My Photos: (1)
Re: Not trying to build race truck

Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new here myself. Lots and lots of info here!

Standard mods usually go in the following order:

GUAGES
AIR INTAKE
EXHAUST
CHIP OR PROGRAMMER

And you should also probably change out that torque converter while you're at it; they tend to go out in the '99s. And that Sonnax kit you're putting on there is supposed to be pretty good.

2002 F-250 Lariat 4x4 crew-cab short-bed automatic, lots of stuff from DI Performance (Diesel Innovations)713/984-9441, Terminator hpop, ATS trans, and some good help from Chris Pitre at Pitre Automotive of Lafayette, LA 337/945-8049 (and a few other great sponsors) pm me for any details; Best time on 37's = 13.09 @ 102mph, #2 only;12.18 @ 111.71mph on Da Juice

Current Project: '86 Toyota regular cab, full tube chassis, fully built 7.3 Diesel Innovations Powerstroke engine and Terminator hpos
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM

Start with Gauhes. This allows you get real monitoring of your Trans temp and Exhaust temps.

Then you add what you wnat from there:
Exhaust
Air intake
18K MOD (link in my signature)
and the sky is the limit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:45 AM

My Photos: (4)

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all, I'am new to TDS I just found this site recently and I'am hooked!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to TDS
Be careful, TDS can be deadly to your wallet, most of the members here will help you with anything you ask. The information and some times the entertainment value is priceless. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 10:36 PM

My Photos: (8)

The downpipe in the 99 and latter trucks are not as bad as the 97 and earlyer trucks. Bang for the buck would be to change out the muffler for a Walker BTM or straight pipe. Gages are a great to have and needed if you add any extra fuel.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:05 PM

I tow a 29' 5thwheel camper over 6,000 miles a year. This is also my daily driver to work ( about 13,000 miles a year). I'll second every thing imelmo said and add the Garrett Ball Bearing turbo.

I'm not a racer but when I go on a vacation I just want to tow the 5er as fast as I would be going when I'm in the wife's car regardless of the terrain.

Check my sig. This combo sure makes me happy.

When you install the Sonnax mod get rid of the Transcommand. The tranny won't like having an electrical mod raising the the line pressure at the same time you have a mechanical mod trying to do the same thing.

Jeff
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:21 PM

My Photos: (17)

I tow as well, and although my truck has the early Powerstroke, all the mods above can do wonders for the "pulling" experience! Personally though, having a selectable chip, and perhaps larger injectors can make that truck pull like no other!
I don't use mine as a racer either, but find that most hills are not a problem in the least at keeping a solid 70 MPH either!

Definitely want gauges to monitor whats happening under the hood and tranny though!

Dale

2009 F450 4X4 Superduty King Ranch
6.4 Diesel, 4.30's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in