PCM HELP PLEASE!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PCM HELP PLEASE!!

I am looking into buying a TS 6 position chip for my 2000 7.3. I am the second owner and when I tool the pcm off to get the pcm code, I find that it is a Remanufactured PCM and does not have the original stickers with the PCM code on it. How should I go about finding the PCM code? Any advice is helpful. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM

My Photos: (9)
PCM Codes - 1994-1997 Power Stroke FAQ

95 E350 PSD HD Cargo , BB shim , E4OD , B&M Trans pan , 2 HD coolers , Cat sleeps with the fishes , MAG teck 3:55 D60FF, EBPV Delete , DP 60 Tow , Autometer 3 Guage pod
1977 F350 Dually Dump , 460 , 429 POLICE heads , 4:56 D70FF, Edelbrock Intake , Holley 850 , MSD IGN , Custom C-6 Trans , Dual Exh.
99 F250 XLT 7.3 DIT ,4R100 , CCSB , Rwd 3.73 , 10.5 limited slip , 5th Wheel & Class 4 hitch ....windows / Stuff / Factory Towing Mirrors / helper springs
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 07:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any part number or anything listed on the reman unit? Usually they can cross reference.

If your 2000 truck is a Federal emissions Manual trans you can use the code: DAC3
If your 2000 truck is a Federal emissions Auto trans you can use the code: NVK3
If your 2000 truck is a California emissions Manual trans you can use the code: HMR1
If your 2000 truck is a California emissions Auto trans you can use the code: UKN1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

The reman pcm has the cardone part number on it. I spoke to cardone industries and they said it should be nvk4 because that's the latest pcm for my truck. I went ahead and purchased the chip for that pcm code. Any idea how you can pull the pcm code electronically and what can happen if I have the wrong configuration chip installed??
Thanks for the help ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango27 View Post
The reman pcm has the cardone part number on it. I spoke to cardone industries and they said it should be nvk4 because that's the latest pcm for my truck. I went ahead and purchased the chip for that pcm code. Any idea how you can pull the pcm code electronically and what can happen if I have the wrong configuration chip installed??
Thanks for the help ?
You can plug in a scan tool to the OBDII port and pull the Vehicle Strategy. That will be a 7 digit code that will correlate directly to the PCM code.

It doesn't matter if the PCM is NVK1, 2, 3, 4, PMT1, 2, 3, etc... They are all in the DPC-422 family, so the chip will be the same for all of them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

@justin when purchasing the ts chip there's options for every type of PCM code and the guys over at thoroughbred told me I needed the correct PCM code or the "chip would not function properly" I don't know what they mean by the chip not functioning. Hopefully Its running nvk and everything goes well. But if it isn't what do you think can happen??
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
@justin when purchasing the ts chip there's options for every type of PCM code and the guys over at thoroughbred told me I needed the correct PCM code or the "chip would not function properly" I don't know what they mean by the chip not functioning. Hopefully Its running nvk and everything goes well. But if it isn't what do you think can happen??
It will run just fine and everything will work normal.

For instance, if you send us your TS chip to get reburnt with our custom tunes, you would get tunes based off of the PMT1 code. Doesn't matter if you have an NVK3, NVK2, PMT2, etc. They are all in the DPC-422 family of PCMs, so the custom tunes are the same.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the infor. Everything worked fine and I will be sending in the ts to you guys for some custom tunes in the upcoming months.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the infor. Everything worked fine and I will be sending in the ts to you guys for some custom tunes in the upcoming months.
Glad it worked out for you. Sounds good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in