PCM xle4 Tuning - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys sorry to come back to so late but I talked to TS and they tell me the chip I have will not work for my truck. I ordered a new one for my truck which is programmed NVK, which does not make much sence to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue99stroker View Post
The superchips unit is actually pretty good. The first two tunes have good shifting and good power without egt issues.

Ya Iíve heard the story about re-burns before arctic driver. The only company that does Reburns for TS chips that is reliable is SDK. Tony Wildman has been out of the game for a long time for personal reasons.

Honestly, i would spend 300$ on the php hydra and it comes with the custom tunes for your pcm codeS
OP, this is very good advice from blue99stroker. If it's not too late to make a change go with the Hydra. Their tunes are great out of the box and you can purchase more if you think you need them and receive them via email. You plug your laptop into your truck and download them to the chip yourself. No sending the chip in to get reburned and waiting weeks to get it back.

2000 7.3 PSD 4x4 Auto Trans., CC, short box 206,000 miles.
PHP Hydra, Bilstein 5100's, Bilstein steering stabilizers, Auto Meter 3 gauge pod--EGT, Trans Temp & Boost, Deep Trans Pan, Rotella ELC and T6 oil, DieselSite 203*, Riffraff Billet wheel, 4" turbo back MBRP 5" straight pipe, Donaldson 6637, 20" Fuel wheels wrapped with 37" MT's
Security: Ravelco (for the pro's), Viper (for the rookies), The Club 1100 Steering Wheel Lock (visual deterrent).
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:44 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm actually pretty curious about this, too. I've got an NVK2, and years ago I got a second hand DPTuner F5. I had it reburned, and when I went to install it discovered that I had an old Hypertech chip on the PCM. I decided to try the F5, since I had heard such good things about it. First, I noticed that the engine sounded louder. Then, the shift points were different - I could hold my foot at one position, and the RPMs would stay the same, but the truck accelerated and shifted perfectly, going to lockup and 4th at 41 mph with the hypertech, but with the DP I had to give it progressively more throttle to accelerate and it didn't shift to 4th and lockup until closer to 46 mph. Not a big deal, but I have several 45 mph streets where I'm at, and it's nice turning 1100 rpm instead of 1500 at those speeds. I lost almost 2 MPG with the DP, hand calculated, and had much more severe problems with the windshield wipers interfering with the engine.

I've run the Hypertech since, but I'm wondering if anyone else has discovered the same kind of problems. I hate to disparage DP, since I know he does good work and several people swear by his tunes, but I just didn't see the improvements.

Hypertech said their Power Tuning Module gained 51hp and 108 ft lbs torque as well as raising boost slightly and raising line pressure to firm up shifting. I was running the DP 60 daily tune, and I'm not sure what the specs are for that. I tried the DP for a month before I reverted.

99.5 F250 7.3 PSD Supercab Shortbed 4x4 on 315 75 16s
Front leveling springs, Hutch and Harpoon mods, A pillar 3 gauge pod with DiPricol Trans, Boost and EGT, Scangauge II, CNC Fab HPOP and HPX lines, Riffraff FRX, 2004 Heated and Lighted mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in