S&B filter came off - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By woodnthings8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S&B filter came off

I bought a replacement S&B filter for an S&B intake that I, unfortunately, had installed a couple years ago. The original filter fit really well but was very worn looking so I wanted a new one. The new one never fit very well and recently popped off completely allowing all kinds of leaves dirt bugs etc into my new turbo. I have communicated with them at length and they even sent me a new filter and I sent them the one that kept falling off but it also falls off. My question is what can I do to help my engine recover from this issue aside from taking it apart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

I have an 02 7.3 with 272K modified and again seeking advice as to how to proceed from here with the truck. I haven't used it much since this happened. I changed the oil and stuck my hand as far as I could pulling out garbage that got sucked into the big Garrett turbo. After that, I guess it goes to the Mishimoto intercooler and not sure after that.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
Are the fins on your compressor wheel damaged? You will need to pull of the intake tube from the turbo for a good look.

Once the Charged Air leaves the intercooler, it goes into the Intake Plenums and into the cylinders. After that it is burned up and expelled through the turbine side of the turbo to the exhaust. The majority of any damage will be at the compressor wheel. So it it looks good, you are as far as you can be. You could perform a compression test to see how the engine is performing, but unless it was a lot pf debris, you probably won't be able to tell.

Ken
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, EBC rotors,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 12:54 PM

My Photos: (8)
The intercooler will act like a filter for most of the bigger stuff. Pull it and backlash with water to clean it and the pipes then blow dry and put it back in. Check the compressor wheel as suggested if it is fine I would just keep driving.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks and I do not recommend S&B products. I am so sorry I had that installed.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:51 PM

My Photos: (4)
Why do you not recommend S&B? From the other forum you posted on you ordered the wrong filter for your truck. I believe that is the issue you are having.
thecustommuffler likes this.

Ken
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, EBC rotors,
, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in