Tony Wildman or PHP tunes? - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko de los Chicos View Post
INFRNL -- any luck getting those Tony Wildman tunes? How did those perform vs PHP?
No, never got the wildman tunes, been too busy tobug Bill about them. I also tried Beans tunes but he never fixed some minor issues for me. I am currently back to stock injectors and standard php tunes.
Not sure if my sig is up to date either. Been to busy at work, no time for anything else.

03 F350 7.3L Auto CC LB Dually 410's (LS Rear)

PHP/Beans, 1023, SDK, GH tuned/250/100 FF inj's, Irate T4 w/369SXE, Swamps HVHF IDM, BTS Tranny, Strictly Diesel complete fuel system with RR & FB delete.
Autometer Nexus Guages, 4"MBRP, DieselSite Coolant filtration system/billet housing/HP X-Over line. Donaldson Blue(6637)/AFE BHAF, RR Boots/ Billet Plenums, ('06) 26 row Tranny & PS Cooler, LarryB's Genuine Denso Starter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 09:41 PM

I decided to go with a Hydra from Tony Wildman, and you can download PHP tunes from their library with that chip. I'll post my results. My F5 died and they would not warranty it. I add the same top end problem, it would launch like a top fueler, but went flat. I modded my IDM and it seems to have helped the top end a lot. My chip is on order, so when I get it I'll post up what my impression is. I'm looking forward to it after reading your posts, Infrnl. I am in Colorado Springs too, so it will be a nice comparison.

2001 Crew Cab 4WD. Isspro Boost, Pyro and Trans gauges, custom cold air,external CCV, 4inch MBRP exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Terminator T-500 HPOP,Riffraff Diesel FRX regulated fuel return, Riffraff HPX HPOP crossover,Swamps voltage mod to IDM,Boost Fooler, PHP Hydra from Tony Wildman, Sonnax shift kit, auxiliary trans cooler, Alpine electronics.

Last edited by Supa Duty; 04-15-2015 at 01:24 PM.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 PM

Got my hydra from Tony wildman yesterday. First impression: Much smoother than the F5 programs. No more trying not to run into the car in front of me at a stoplight, but when I need to pass, wow!!! And that's on the daily tune. I'll add some PHP tunes this weekend to compare, I'll post mileage when I can, I still have a half tank of fuel.

2001 Crew Cab 4WD. Isspro Boost, Pyro and Trans gauges, custom cold air,external CCV, 4inch MBRP exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Terminator T-500 HPOP,Riffraff Diesel FRX regulated fuel return, Riffraff HPX HPOP crossover,Swamps voltage mod to IDM,Boost Fooler, PHP Hydra from Tony Wildman, Sonnax shift kit, auxiliary trans cooler, Alpine electronics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:24 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Duty View Post
Got my hydra from Tony wildman yesterday. First impression: Much smoother than the F5 programs. No more trying not to run into the car in front of me at a stoplight, but when I need to pass, wow!!! And that's on the daily tune. I'll add some PHP tunes this weekend to compare, I'll post mileage when I can, I still have a half tank of fuel.
I know this is from a while back, but I have the Hydra with PHP tunes and need to update them, just wondering if there was any significant difference between Tony's tunes and Bill's, which you liked better, etc. I initially loved the PHP tunes, but they caused the truck to shift pretty hard, and I just now replaced my transmission and I just want a nice firm, medium shift (dont need it to hammer in gear because its brand new), thanks for any input.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:55 PM

In my vehicle, Tony's tunes seem to be smoother than other tunes. Shifts are firm, but smooth, not hard enough to rattle your fillings loose. My trans has a shift kit, so I know that's part of the programming. Mileage was better with Tony's tunes than other tunes as well. I have tunes form PHP and DP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in