Ts 6 position chip on stock 7.3? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ts 6 position chip on stock 7.3?

Hi I have a 2001 f350 7.3 all stock except for 5" straight pipe and aftermarket air filter. No egt yet but I will be getting them! just a boost gauge for now and the numbers seem accurate...Jw if it would be safe to run daily on the 75hp setting without killing anything? Im not trying to be out rolling coal but 75hp seems like the most fuel efficient and gives it a bit more ass. Any help would be great thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:43 PM

My Photos: (8)
Should be fine. I ran my 99 on 80hp tow mode 95 percent of the time. Only times the temps got near the danger zone was when I was pulling 5th wheel up a big long hill. What elevation are you living at that will make a difference, lower is better.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm low no hills near by that are of any concerns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdoc315 View Post
Hi I have a 2001 f350 7.3 all stock except for 5" straight pipe and aftermarket air filter. No egt yet but I will be getting them! just a boost gauge for now and the numbers seem accurate...Jw if it would be safe to run daily on the 75hp setting without killing anything? Im not trying to be out rolling coal but 75hp seems like the most fuel efficient and gives it a bit more ass. Any help would be great thanks!
I’ve been running the TS-6 on my 2002 F350 and am very happy with it. I’ve done some mods but nothing performance wise. I run the 50 tune when towing the boat (best mpg for me) and lots of the time I run the 100 tune for just out driving. I have installed gauges, nothing out of the ordinary running the 100 and great shift pattern (the 75 too) A couple times I experimented with the 140 tune- Wow! But it feels like more tune than the stock truck is set up for- when you really are getting into it. I think you’ll be happy with the 50, 75, & 100. Even when passing I don’t ever notice any black smoke—. enjoy!

2002 F350 7.3L / 4R100 - 4WD CC DRW 8 Box, AIH Delete, Gauges- Pyro, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, TS-6 tuner, Zoodad Mod, Mishimoto 31 row Trans cooler, Mobil 1 ATF, Trans return line ATF filter, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear air springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Timbrens on the front.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

What kinda mods are you running bighorn?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 AM

probably what he has posted in his sig, not sure if you are on a phone or computer but you should be able to see it. Appears most of his are the near free mods besides his upgraded tranny cooler

I have a buddy with a hydra running around without gauges and he tows a lot. I'm waiting for the day he comes crying that something happened to his truck...keep telling him he needs to at least get an egt gauge. We live at 6500ft. He only uses his 40 tow tune though...but one never knows when a leak becomes present sending egt's through the roof.

Technically you should be fine in the 50 or 75 tunes but just don't get crazy with it until you get your egt gauge.

03 F350 7.3L Auto CC LB Dually 410's (LS Rear)

PHP/Beans, 1023, SDK, GH tuned/250/100 FF inj's, Irate T4 w/369SXE, Swamps HVHF IDM, BTS Tranny, Strictly Diesel complete fuel system with RR & FB delete.
Autometer Nexus Guages, 4"MBRP, DieselSite Coolant filtration system/billet housing/HP X-Over line. Donaldson Blue(6637)/AFE BHAF, RR Boots/ Billet Plenums, ('06) 26 row Tranny & PS Cooler, LarryB's Genuine Denso Starter

Last edited by INFRNL; 07-30-2019 at 02:36 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:29 AM

I have been running both the 80econo or the 100hp since July of 08. Zero issues. Highly recommended

Whiskyb
2001 F350 4X4 Super Duty PSD Dually
Almost 400k and still given her
DP Tuner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and guages, DIY air intake, BTM,
Dieselsites trans and coolant filters
Wicked wheel 2 (Gone) , Guzzles billet fpr
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdoc315 View Post
What kinda mods are you running bighorn?
Yes like INFRNL said......... but took me a while to figure out after joining— if you are on Enhanced Mobile on a smartphone, you have to exit and go to Full Version, then you can go to CP User and you can edit your profile, your truck-mods-where you live. You have to be on the Full Version in order to see the profiles of others. I do almost everything on the fly with my IPhone because of 24/7 Business.

My Truck- Easy & Cheap Mods, AIH Delete and Zoodad. Added gauges- A/T Temp, Boost, Pyro (exhaust temperature), Fuel pressure. Wagner BTM, 6.0 Transmission OTA Cooler, and did the Hutch & Harpoon. All by guidance and help here on TDS👍

2002 F350 7.3L / 4R100 - 4WD CC DRW 8 Box, AIH Delete, Gauges- Pyro, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, TS-6 tuner, Zoodad Mod, Mishimoto 31 row Trans cooler, Mobil 1 ATF, Trans return line ATF filter, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear air springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Timbrens on the front.

Last edited by Big Horn; 07-30-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

👍
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 PM

I've been running mine on 75 hp, but I do get hard shifts. The only time I don't is when I have it in stock. Thinking about getting a different tuner.

02 F350 Lariat CC LB Dually
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 09:33 PM

You have the same year/model that I have. When I first installed my TS-6 I noticed hard shifts. Then I repaired the bypass valve on my 4R100 return line and used Marks flush and fill procedure with Mobil 1 ATF. I don’t think it had ever been done (185K at the time). Anyway, afterwards it shifted much smoother. I’ve also noticed that more throttle seems to result in a smoother shift. Coincidence? I don’t know. I’m sure there are better tuners- the TS is pretty basic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in