What to do while I'm at it. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do while I'm at it.

I'll be coming home from Iraq and plan on doing a cab off to make things a little easier while doing a number of fixes/PM. I have the ATS housing, Wastegate, FPR housing (boosts 10psi) and the HPO Crossover tube already, just waiting to get home and put them on. What I am wondering is; What else should I do while I have the cab off? Turbo/Pedestal rebuild? Would I have to rebalance the Turbo after a rebuild? With the ATS housing, the intake is larger, where do I find a boot to fit? I also have a leaking boot on the intake, new boots for that, best brand? I have replaced one of the factory fuel lines already and know they suck, whats the best alternative? I also plan on doing the DIY CCV kit, upgraded Up Pipe gasket and DIY intake. I also have a loud vibration somewhere in my drivetrain I haven't been able to figure out. It only happens when I accelerate, especially from a stop. I can feel it and it seems like it is somewhere behind the tranny, but not sure. I have replaced the hanger bearing, the U-Joints and replaced the fluid in both Diffs. and added the Friction Modifier for the rear, but it is still there. Any ideas on that one? Any feedback and other input is greatly appreciated, please respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

the ats does come with a boot to replace the smaller one.

semper fi

a man is only as good as his word

2000 f250 XLT, 4x4, PSD,transmedic transmission gresham oregon , auto, XC, 3.73 gears, LB bradford built flatbed, edge juice with attitude, 4"Banks exhaust with Banks jake brake, Banks Trans command, Banks smart lock, Banks big head wastgate, Banks k&n air filter intake kit,ATS ported shroud compressor housing, CFM+ intake manifold,AIH delete,ITP overboost annihilator, Fuel Rail Crossover, Riffraff SS HPX oil cross over tube,Fuel pressure spring settings 66-72 psi, propane injection set at 7psi boost.

1983 f250 6.9, STC, 4X4, 5 speed, LB bradford built flatbed,with BANKS sidewinder turbo kit, BANKS 4" exhaust injectors set at 2150psi

1970 f250 FARM AND RANCH SPECIAL
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

I thought I heard they came with one, but wasn't positive, thank you DJBROWN. Anybody else out there? Just looking for some input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 PM

First thing you do is get your A$$ home safely. Thanks for going to the nutsack for us all back here in the states.

The CCV mod is a good one and it will help keep the engine oil out of your intake system and intercooler.

The tank pickup mod would be a good mod with the tank off. Maybe a regulated return or an AirDog. Maybe a high performance HPOP and injectors and DP Tuner??

I'm saving my Benjamins for a Vegistroke V3 system to run dual fuel (straight veggie oil). Its about $4k with a tank.

That's my $0.02.

2000 F250 2WD 7.3L, 265,000 Miles, 6spd Manual, Hypertech programmer, 4" Flowmaster Exhaust,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ITP Fuel Tank /
, Pioneer Avic-X710BT,
. 2006 Front and Rear axles and suspension parts installed.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I really want the Adrenaline and some stage 1 injectors, both rather pricy but dooable. My true main concerne is my mileage. I only get around 12-14 on average w/o anything behind it, maybe 17-19 highway with the wind. My friend has a '99 ext. cab w/ edge and attitude and gets on average 19-21 and he gets on it considerably more than I do. My chip doesn't have a mileage setting either, came with the truck. Anything I can do on the performance end to help my mileage would be great and I hear the HPOP and Injectors help. Air Dog is on the list, just waiting to sell myself on it. As for a chip, I was kinda thinking on going with a Tony Wildman. What do ya think?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

-bump-
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 05:55 PM

My Photos: (1)
your vibration sounds like your driveshaft is unbalanced
i took mine off, had to grease up my slip joint, and make the mistake of not marking a line of where exactly it was. put it back on, drove the truck down the road and the vibration was there. hated it, but had to get use to it. didnt really want to pay the 75 dollars to have it balanced at the shop by me. hah! but theres definitally a good chance that its out of balance. i replaced my u joints right before i did this too. i had a clunk when i started moving from a stop and finally after doing the u joints and servicing the rear end, i found out it was the slip joint (took it apart and used thick wheel bearing grease) and everything was all better. but yeah, id say try taking it off and see if its balanced.

---2006 f250 king ranch, 200k miles, boss 9'2'' VXT plow, 2inch leveling kit, automatic airbags, 35's.
---1999 f250 ex cab short bed 4x4 350springs 170k built trans DP Tuner (stock, 60 tow, 80 econo, 140 aggressive) 4in banks exhuast glow shift guages 8ft boss plow
---2003 f250 crew cab lariat 4x4 240k miles, 9'2'' BOSS V plow
---2000 f350 cc sb 4x2 260k miles SOLD
1999 ex cab sb 4x4 305k miles SOLD
2002 f250 cc sb 4x4 355k miles SOLD
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:02 PM

My Photos: (2)
Cab off? If the cab is off do a set of up pipes. See what Diesel Innovations is selling. If nothing else, at least buy a new stock set powerstrokeshop.com. Youll thank me later lol.

I would go with Dieselsite boots...

Forget the CCV mod, its crap! All of them are crap!

Maybe a Tymar style intake.

Dump that Bully Dog, and get some real tunes from Bills Chips Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! Check out our Gryphon Programmer for Ford vehicles!

Thank You for your service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in