WW2 vs bd billet wheel - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WW2 vs bd billet wheel

What are the differences (performance wise) between the wicked wheel 2 and the bd billet compressor wheel. If anyone has one or the other any feedback would be great, tryin to figure out which would have the best performance. Thanks in advance.

2001 F-250 Lariat, 4x4, Short bed, Supercab, Auto trans, 7.3L Powerstroke, Built trans, 6637 intake, BD billet compressor wheel, 4inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, Straight piped, Glowshift guages, PHP 6 pos. chip, Leveling kit, Rancho RS5000's, Nitto Trail Grappler 35's, N-Fab prerunner bar.
Built
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM

BD wheel

I dont know. havent seen BD or anyone do any dyno runs. Have you searched?

I am curious why you would bring this up rather than just order one with proven data?

Terry

2016 F350 Lariat Shortbed CrewCab 4x4 6.7.
B&W, Hellwig Bigwing swaybar 7271, Bedrug, Husky X Act Contour floormats. Fumoto F106N, Bullrings, Ford wheelguards.

20 Foot Cimarron Gooseneck Horse Trailer

Sold:

2003 F350XLT Shortbed CrewCab 4x4 7.3l 6 speed. 3.73 LS, 9900# GVWR Package. 333,000 miles

1991 F250XLT Supercab 4x4 7.3l E4OD 250,000 miles.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

because the other could out perform that proven data and i was seeing if anyone knew if it would.

2001 F-250 Lariat, 4x4, Short bed, Supercab, Auto trans, 7.3L Powerstroke, Built trans, 6637 intake, BD billet compressor wheel, 4inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, Straight piped, Glowshift guages, PHP 6 pos. chip, Leveling kit, Rancho RS5000's, Nitto Trail Grappler 35's, N-Fab prerunner bar.
Built
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd8324 View Post
What are the differences (performance wise) between the wicked wheel 2 and the bd billet compressor wheel. If anyone has one or the other any feedback would be great, tryin to figure out which would have the best performance. Thanks in advance.
I have the WW2 and all I can compare it to is the stock compressor wheel. I can say it makes a big performance difference in my truck. The bottom end response is much better, the spool up is much better. You can feel the difference.

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.

Last edited by Griz; 06-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM

I second Griz's opinion. Ww2 is an awesome upgrade for a stock turbo.

02 CCLB Drw
AirAid intake, 4" exhaust, FullForce stage 1.5,
PHP Hydra with GearHead tunes, Van turbo, Wicked Wheel 2, Edge Insight CTS, Riff Raff Hrx & Frx

Injector cup tools in Lima, OH
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

But is there a noticeable difference between the bd billet wheel and the ww2

Built
Tough
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM

If the billet wheel spools up faster than the OEM one, I'd be interested. Driving a manual transmission, I lose boost every time I shift.

Also, I wouldn't want to leave that billet wheel bare, I'd look into getting it type II hard anodized.

2002 F-250 CCLB 4x4 XLT, 7.3, ZF-6 with Midwest Short-throw shifter, ESOF, 3.73 R&P, HPx line, FRx, Racor prefilter before pump, Amsoil bypass filter, Coolant filter too
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
If the billet wheel spools up faster than the OEM one, I'd be interested. Driving a manual transmission, I lose boost every time I shift.

Also, I wouldn't want to leave that billet wheel bare, I'd look into getting it type II hard anodized.
It does spool much faster.
What do you think about your short throw shifter?

02 CCLB Drw
AirAid intake, 4" exhaust, FullForce stage 1.5,
PHP Hydra with GearHead tunes, Van turbo, Wicked Wheel 2, Edge Insight CTS, Riff Raff Hrx & Frx

Injector cup tools in Lima, OH
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd8324 View Post
But is there a noticeable difference between the bd billet wheel and the ww2
All I can say is the WW2 is a big improvement over the stock compressor wheel. I have no experience with any other wheels so I can not answer your question.
Are you not happy with your BD compressor wheel?

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I just got it installed not to long ago and it performs very well but i was wondering if the ww2 out performed the bd wheel becuase ever since the ww2 came out all people have said its amazing, and since I do not have any experience with the ww2 I was wondering if they were pretty closely matched or if the ww2 blew it away. And from what im hearing about the ww2 im starting to believe that the ww2 does out perform the bd wheel.

Built
Tough
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

but the reason i bought the bd wheel instead of the ww2 was because the bd wheels blades were all the same height which i *thought* would mean it pulled more air than the mismatched height blades on the ww2.

WW2

Vs.
BD Wheel

Built
Tough
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnhartal View Post
It does spool much faster.
What do you think about your short throw shifter?
I don't want 35 lbs of boost, I just want a moderate amount of boost real fast. I'd thought about a GTP38R with a .85 A/R housing, but they're out of my price range.

And I love the short-throw shifter, made my truck more easier and smoother to drive.

2002 F-250 CCLB 4x4 XLT, 7.3, ZF-6 with Midwest Short-throw shifter, ESOF, 3.73 R&P, HPx line, FRx, Racor prefilter before pump, Amsoil bypass filter, Coolant filter too
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I don't want 35 lbs of boost, I just want a moderate amount of boost real fast. I'd thought about a GTP38R with a .85 A/R housing, but they're out of my price range.
Here is what Bob Riley from Dieselsite said: "It depends on what you do with the truck. If you intend to keep stock injectors in it, youd be happier with the Wicked turbo. The bottom end response will be much better, the spool up much better. If you intend on going with larger injectors, Id go with the GTP38R."

Griz

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Here is what Bob Riley from Dieselsite said:
I was under the impression that the WW2 was just a wheel from an earlier style turbo, and that it was actually less efficient than the OEM 99-02 compressor, but I certainly could be wrong. And I don't experience surge problems at all, if I did I'd probably opt for a ATS ported compressor housing.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I was under the impression that the WW2 was just a wheel from an earlier style turbo, and that it was actually less efficient than the OEM 99-02 compressor, but I certainly could be wrong. And I don't experience surge problems at all, if I did I'd probably opt for a ATS ported compressor housing.
The WW2 is a redesigned compressor wheel.

Griz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in