Anyone else have an LED Light Bar in their grill? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By iqraceworks
  • 1 Post By iqraceworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Anyone else have an LED Light Bar in their grill?

I live out in the country, and the lights on my 05’ F250 are pretty crummy (especially when I’m driving home at night and need to watch for deer)…..so I decided to install a 32” LED Light bar on my truck. We put one on my wives SUV last year, and when you turn it on….it’s like turning on the sun, not joking!
I’m hoping this one will work well…..for $45 off of Amazon, I’m not expecting too much….but the one on my wife’s SUV was also a cheap Amazon one, and it’s been great.

Having the upfitter switches made installation a snap…..from start to finish it took me bout 45min…..30min of that was pulling off the grill and mounting the light. The rest way easy.

Anyone have one installed like this? The one thing I’m worried about it blocking off some of the airflow to the radiator…….not sure if that would really affect the ECT’s much or not. I’ve seen lots of other trucks do it like this…so I’m assuming it should be ok. I just didn’t one a big goofy LEF bar mounting above my windshield….just looks strange, I think mounting it in the grill looks a little “cleaner”.

Thoughts?

JJEdwards likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:30 PM

I mounted mine on aftermarket brush guard. Haven’t had any problems with cooling, but mine is about 8 inches in front of the grill. Unless you’re towing a broke down dodge up Mt. McKinley, you probably won’t see any problems.

MY question is, how did you connect to the upfitters? Which through the fire wall wire, which switch, etc?

12 F350 Lariat. Stock. So far
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You have reached Mr Medic. Please leave a message after the beep. If you would like to hear this recording in a language other than English, take your ass to a country speaks it"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

It does look nice their hid away in the grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 AM

Garage
I mounted mine where the factory fogs were. Yours looks good though, and more LED's.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Did you bolt it directly to the grill? Did you have to beef it up? Looks great.

2006 F250 Lariat Supercrew, ESOF 4x4, 18" tires, FX 4, HD Alt., block heater, Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, Upfitters, power rear window, cab lights - delivered 10/25/05

Ford Remote Start; High idle mod; Timbren load levelers, Scangauge II, Blue Spring upgrade, Quick Start 200 amp large frame alternator, 2 batteries January 2010; GPCM replace October 2011; 2 EGR valves; EGR Cooler replaced 12/30/11; Performance Machine & Mfg. coolant filter added 1/2/12; Rotella T6 5W40 oil; turned rotors, replaced brake pads for 1st time 1/7/12 101K miles; GPCM, both subharnesses and all 8 glowplugs replaced 1/5/13 at 118,000 miles; 2 Ford batteries replaced under battery warranty twice, the latest 9/18/2015; FICM power supply board replaced with Dorman board 11/20/13. Coolant flushed and replaced with Prestone ELC 9/27/14. STC fitting 10/19/14; Dummy Plugs 11/8/14; Turbo rebuilt 11/29/14; cold side CAC tube and boots replaced with metal tube 1/24/15; replaced hot side boots 1/30/16.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 12:01 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
I had a truck with these blasting my eyeballs last night but I'm sure the driver did not even the see the bird I flipped him while I returned fire with my brights on. I hope who ever does this has the respect not to use them against oncoming traffic like the ahole last night. I thought it was a train coming at me!

2000 F250 XLT 4x4 SC 7.3 w/rebuilt 4R100, 3 autometer gages, Super Zoodad, PHP Hydra chip, 4" DP/Exhaust w/dual 3.5" outlets, 275/70/18 Kumho AT51s on 8.5" rims, 08 AlumDiffCvr, Bilsteins, 31 row trans cooler, WW, BPV delete, AIH delete, hutch, harpoon and billet FPR (70psi), rear air bags, Jimmijammers.
Jayco 26BHS elite, no RV parks...just the woods, lakes and streams if possible.
See my album for a recent pic.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69mach1377 View Post
I had a truck with these blasting my eyeballs last night but I'm sure the driver did not even the see the bird I flipped him while I returned fire with my brights on. I hope who ever does this has the respect not to use them against oncoming traffic like the ahole last night. I thought it was a train coming at me!

Anyone who would run a light bar around other traffic is an idiot...no different than running with your high beams on all the time. Don't blame the light bar....blame the idiot behind the wheel.

On a side note.....since I've had my bar installed in the grill, I haven't noticed any cooling issues, or even any increase in cooling temps. It's good to go....and light up the country roads (and deer) light daylight!
69mach1377 likes this.

2005 F250 6.0 PSD, ARP Studs, Felpro HG's, EGR Delete, IPR Coolant Filter, Bilstein 5100s, Blue Spring Mod, IDP Custom Tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in