Backup camera for 2001 XLT - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Backup camera for 2001 XLT

I need to have a backup camera for a couple of reasons. 1) I keep hitting things when I back up, and 2) I pull trailers and one would be useful in hitching up and keeping me from jackknifing the trailer.

Need one with a video screen, that's very weatherproof, and doesn't cost over $100.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:12 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

It’s on my list of upgrades as well, though I’ve been looking at name brands in the $275 - $300 range. I just did a google search (back up camera double din radio) and there were a couple (not name brand- Chinese?) sold by Wally World in the 100$ range but not sure about their quality. Maybe someone has bought one of the low end brands that they can give a review on.

2002 F350 7.3L / 4R100 - 4WD CC DRW 8’ Box, AIH Delete, Gauges- Pyro, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, TS-6 tuner, Zoodad Mod, Mishimoto 31 row Trans cooler, Mobil 1 ATF, Trans return line ATF filter, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear air springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Timbrens on the front.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:44 PM

I have been looking at a rear cab light camera AND a rear hitch camera. I would like to mount a monitor between the visors on the headliner. With two cameras I can check the load anytime while I am driving. I have not installed anything yet because I am not sure how to mount anything on the headliner.

2002 F350 7.3 psd supercab dually 2wd, AIS, Moog joints, Bilstein, Michelin Defender LTX, Dieselsite coolant filter, red ELC, prepump spin-on fuel filter, 260,000 miles, hutch/harpoon mod, marinco mod, scan gauge ll, Zoodad, Dieselsite boots, pedestal delete, CNC Fab w/ crossover oil lines, 6.0 trans cooler, replaced oil pan, Walker BTM, Denso starter, bellowed up pipes, rebuilt oil cooler, billet dip stick adapter, HD glow plug relay

1974 CJ6 ... off the frame needs work
2013 Expedition... wife's car
Panhead ... 53 motor, 51 tanks, B grind cam, S&S carb, points, drum brakes ... It doesn't just sit in the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

I just found this on Amazon and think I will save up for it. You can have as many as four cameras going at the same time. That means I could have one on the back of the trailers, one inside the horse trailer (maybe), and one for the truck. The extra cameras are not cheap, though.

It gets incredibly good reviews on Amazon, but I haven't yet checked for independent reviews.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:39 AM

My Photos: (3)
ck out Brandmotion.com I have used them & have no complaints @ all 1 on my 2008 f-350 & 1 on my 2012 jeep wrangler both work great. you need to be sure with the cheaper 1 out there you end up replacing them more then once & in turn you spend more in $ & x

2014 F-350 XLT 4x4 6.2L, SILVER, AUTO TINTED/W, BURLWOOD DASH FROM A LARIAT, FORD NAV-SYNC,AFTER MARKET DUAL BATTERY,EXTRA HEAVY DUTY ALTE, 275/75/65R18 BFG/A/T ON CAST ALUM WHLS,READY LIFT 2.5" FRONT 5" REAR,HEWLING REAR SWAYBAR, 7.5'FISHERM/M, SILVER/MT WITH BLK PINSTRIPE,new carbon fiber AIC covers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 03:16 PM

My Photos: (2)
I installed the Hopkins Smart Hitch Camera and Sensor System. might not be the bast, but it works good has two settings one for backing up / and the hitch for trailer.
just have to be careful as it is license plate frame mounted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in