How to swap '05-'07 SuperDuty Front End to your '99-'04 - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get-Smashed View Post
I have a 00 I want to do this converrsion to, however it came with the sealed beam headlights, the el-cheapo work truck package. My question is about the headlamp wiring, can I just change the pigtails for the headlamps with my stock wiring for that type of headlamp? all the pics and writeups show the swap being done with the different original headlamps so I am not sure.( I was planning on just using stock bulbs)
Yes.

Quote:
Also do I need the 05 bumper brackets as well?
Yes

Quote:
If I buy a new 05 bumper what color is the upper part before it gets painted?
I'm not sure - mine was used and already painted.

2000 F250 7.3L PSD 4x4:
Autometer Z-Series gauges; RiffRaff F650 Dash & Carling switches; Dynamat; King Ranch interior retrofit; Weathertech mats; '05-'07 Front End Retrofit; Excursion sound insulating panels; 2008+ PSD Badges; AMP Research Power Steps; OneUp Offroad Step Rails; 2008+ Mirrors; Paramount Evolution Wire Mesh Grill; Spyder Halo Projector Headlights; 2008 taillights

Road Armor front Titan II & rear Stealth bumpers;Rigid LED lighting; TireGate modified to hold 40" tire; Full Traction 8" 4-Link with King coilovers; Dana 60 swap with Dynatrac no-spin kit, Dynatrac ProSteer Ball Joints, Dynaloc hubs, 4.56 gears, Yukon Grizzly locker (F), Detroit TrueTrac (R); Atlas 8" Expedition Rear Leaf springs; Precision Metal Fab 4" traction blocks with King remote reservoir shocks; PMF 3/4" U-bolts; ProComp Xtreme 40x13.5x17; SSBC Quick change V8 calipers, Smittybilt Gen2 XRC 17,500# winch with Factor 55 Prolink XXL thimble, hawse fairlead & Amsteel Synthetic winch line; High Angle Driveline drive shafts with 1410's; RedHead steering box; Mag Hytec Differential covers & transmission pan: PMF Dual steering stabilizer kit with King 2.0

AFE Stage 2 + PG7; Mechman 370A alternator; DPP 4" SS Exhaust; Rhino-lined; Pre-pump and tank mods; MAP line with overboost pop-off; Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter; Diesel Innovations 4-way chip; Superlift TruSpeed; ; Strictly Diesel Pre-Pump Filter Kit; Zoodad in-tank modification; Magnefine filter (tranny); Mishimoto silicone hoses; Diesel O-Rings' 72# fuel pressure regulator cap; Fluiddampr Harmonic Balancer; Stancor GPR upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 PM

My Photos: (10)
The upper part normally comes in black and is ready for paint.

2000 F450 7.3 PSD CC DRW
ISSPRO Gauges
50 Gallon Transfer Flow Tank
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
2005-07 Front clip change
Ford Severe Duty AIS
DP-Tuner
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthias View Post
You're not a moron - I had to get mine from the dealer and most are well aware of the popularity of this conversion and charge accordingly. One alternative I was going to mention was powerstrokeshop.com - but I was disturbed to see they are accepting no phone/web orders after March 12. Not sure what the story is there.
xanthias,

Well that's a relief. I hadn't seen anyone talk about having to purchase this from the dealer so I wondered what I was missing.

I'm searching on http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/ for the pigtails. Do you happen to know what the part numbers are? Thanks so much.

2000 F250 2WD 7.3L, 265,000 Miles, 6spd Manual, Hypertech programmer, 4" Flowmaster Exhaust,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ITP Fuel Tank /
, Pioneer Avic-X710BT,
. 2006 Front and Rear axles and suspension parts installed.

Last edited by vegoilrecycler; 05-06-2011 at 09:52 AM.

post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegoilrecycler View Post
xanthias,

Well that's a relief. I hadn't seen anyone talk about having to purchase this from the dealer so I wondered what I was missing.

I'm searching on Tousley Ford Parts Depot for the pigtails. Do you happen to know what the part numbers are? Thanks so much.
I'm sorry, I don't. Mine were take-offs and used. Might be simpler and cheaper to go with one of these options -

Headlight Conversion Harness [50-917-8] - $85.00 : GOS Performance | High Performance Diesel Parts | Bozeman / Livingston, Montana, 800-620-4467

http://www.dfuser.com/catalog/harness.php

2000 F250 7.3L PSD 4x4:
Autometer Z-Series gauges; RiffRaff F650 Dash & Carling switches; Dynamat; King Ranch interior retrofit; Weathertech mats; '05-'07 Front End Retrofit; Excursion sound insulating panels; 2008+ PSD Badges; AMP Research Power Steps; OneUp Offroad Step Rails; 2008+ Mirrors; Paramount Evolution Wire Mesh Grill; Spyder Halo Projector Headlights; 2008 taillights

Road Armor front Titan II & rear Stealth bumpers;Rigid LED lighting; TireGate modified to hold 40" tire; Full Traction 8" 4-Link with King coilovers; Dana 60 swap with Dynatrac no-spin kit, Dynatrac ProSteer Ball Joints, Dynaloc hubs, 4.56 gears, Yukon Grizzly locker (F), Detroit TrueTrac (R); Atlas 8" Expedition Rear Leaf springs; Precision Metal Fab 4" traction blocks with King remote reservoir shocks; PMF 3/4" U-bolts; ProComp Xtreme 40x13.5x17; SSBC Quick change V8 calipers, Smittybilt Gen2 XRC 17,500# winch with Factor 55 Prolink XXL thimble, hawse fairlead & Amsteel Synthetic winch line; High Angle Driveline drive shafts with 1410's; RedHead steering box; Mag Hytec Differential covers & transmission pan: PMF Dual steering stabilizer kit with King 2.0

AFE Stage 2 + PG7; Mechman 370A alternator; DPP 4" SS Exhaust; Rhino-lined; Pre-pump and tank mods; MAP line with overboost pop-off; Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter; Diesel Innovations 4-way chip; Superlift TruSpeed; ; Strictly Diesel Pre-Pump Filter Kit; Zoodad in-tank modification; Magnefine filter (tranny); Mishimoto silicone hoses; Diesel O-Rings' 72# fuel pressure regulator cap; Fluiddampr Harmonic Balancer; Stancor GPR upgrade
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get-Smashed View Post
I have a 00 I want to do this converrsion to, however it came with the sealed beam headlights, the el-cheapo work truck package. My question is about the headlamp wiring, can I just change the pigtails for the headlamps with my stock wiring for that type of headlamp? all the pics and writeups show the swap being done with the different original headlamps so I am not sure.( I was planning on just using stock bulbs)
Also do I need the 05 bumper brackets as well?
If I buy a new 05 bumper what color is the upper part before it gets painted?
You will probably need the different pigtails. If you look to my post directly above, I provided a couple of links to complete harnesses that will not cost you any more than the dealer will charge for just the pigtails you'll have to solder in. The "stock" 2005 - 2007 headlamp and turn signal bulbs are different than those from earlier years. Further, the plastic housing where the pigtails attach with a half-turn has a different cutout pattern.

If you are referring to the side support brackets -

- no, you can do without them. However, if you are a stickler for being complete, I believe another board member posted some bracket parts on page 1 of this thread, or also linked in this post:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...8/#post2063000.

2000 F250 7.3L PSD 4x4:

Last edited by xanthias; 05-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 12:56 AM

I have a question for Xanthias i have an 04 f250 xlt and want to do the same 05-07 front end conversion just with a black bumper and grill and the harley davidson headlights. did you use an 05-07 factory header panel or did you get one custom made for your grill and headlights?
post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 02:13 PM

hey there so i havn't been here for a while but someone sent me a email so heres the scoop i converted my 99 to a 2005 the bumper,top bumper cover, mounting brackets and supports i bought here in san jose, leven auto body parts bumper 300.00 couldn't find it cheaper anyplace once freight was paid, top bumper cover 100.00 with plastic insert, bumper brackets 40.00 each, supports 20.00 each their # is 408-293-1375 and the grill i bought online at us auto body parts dot com , 135.00 after freight and it was great painted black and well built also have chrome for the same price and no one came close to this price, mounted right up it is a 2005 grill mounting, my head lights are aftermarket smoked and i bought them on e-bay to solve the headlight harness issue i stayed with 99-2004 headlights and bought smoked glass ones with matching marker lights total was 145.00 shipped then i bought hid headlights for 99.00 online using the 9007 style ford mount, all went together nicely. the bottom clips for the grill are different for the 99 compared to the 2005 but with a little thought i made a bracket that attached the grill to my support so if you don't want to buy one and replace yours its possible to use the original one. good luck to you guys,
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 PM

Part numbers

http://www.northtexaspowerstrokes.co...005headlights/

2013 F250 Platinum 4x4 CC 6.7- Carli Commuter 2.0 suspension, 18x9 BMF Novakane, 35 12.5 R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Titan 50 gallon fuel tank

Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nitto Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, Driven Diesel Fuel Tank / Pre-Pump Kit (Hutch Mod), HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console

Last edited by jposes; 07-17-2011 at 02:58 AM.
post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Hi Xanthias,was impressed with your article ,I am waiting to collect an F350 next week it is a n ex ambulance 05 Australia model these came in right hand drive from Brazil from 01 thru to 06. I think this 05 would be a replica of your 03. I would be interested in doing this swap if the parts were available , could you put me in touch with some co or member that could supply & ship to Aus?
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Hey Guys,

I have been following this post and I finally have gotten all the parts for my front bumper and grille off craigslist and ebay, but unfortunately none of them came with the conecting hardware. I was wondering if anyone knew of what size and quantity bolts, u nuts and retainer clips I would need to get this put together and on. Also if anyone knows of a good place to get them, let me know.

Thanks
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 PM

what about 08 frontend on 06,any ideas

2006 F250 120,000 FX4 Lariat
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Can you put 05 headlights in a 2000 with 2000 grills im wantin to put the halo lights in my 2000 any one did it yet or have halo lights
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 11:41 PM

Referring to the photo in post #50

I hate to bump a 6 year old thread, but I don't see a point in starting another one when this has most of the information and photos I'm referring to. In this photo on post 50, does anyone know the parts needed/part number to attach the side bumper mounting brackets (the "L" shaped one) to the frame/spring hanger? I've checked your link to another forum but I didn't find the p/n's I'm looking for. I've searched numerous forums and parts diagrams, any info would be appreciated.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 PM

I hate bringing up an old thread but where did you find the chrome/tan grille. I want the tan grille honeycomb in mine but cant find it anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in